Twilight Imperium (Third Edition): Shards of the Throne» Forums » Rules

Subject: Wormholes and Gravitiy drive rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Talavan von Arkenfels
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a question about Wormholes and gravity drive.

When you start movement in a system containing a wormhole, do you benefit from the graviti drive (+1 movement). For you are adjacent to a wormhole system (the other end of the wormhole). The rules say, that the 2 (or more) parts of a wormhole are considered adjacent for movement purposes. On the other hand it would push an already mighty tech if you play it this way...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
Talavan wrote:
I have a question about Wormholes and gravity drive.

When you start movement in a system containing a wormhole, do you benefit from the graviti drive (+1 movement). For you are adjacent to a wormhole system (the other end of the wormhole). The rules say, that the 2 (or more) parts of a wormhole are considered adjacent for movement purposes. On the other hand it would push an already mighty tech if you play it this way...

Yes, this was clarified in the FAQ; the other side of the wormhole is adjacent for movement purposes, and Gravity Drive is a "movement purpose" I guess.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fedor Syagin
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sigmazero13 wrote:

Yes, this was clarified in the FAQ; the other side of the wormhole is adjacent for movement purposes, and Gravity Drive is a "movement purpose" I guess.

The only time this won't be true is if wormhole doesn't lead to anywhere (For example only 1 A wormhole on the board and you are not using Wormhole Nexus)
I haven't seen people play without it at this point, but in case it actually happens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Talavan von Arkenfels
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanx for your answers. Overlooked it in the faq, sorry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.