Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
530 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [22] | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » PBEM » Werewolf

Subject: "Hi, I want to play werewolf online." #8 - Perfect 11 - Basic Werewolf for the Rookie and the Veteran rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ron
United States
flag msg tools
A standard P11, low-complexity game of Werewolf!

Good Roles:

Seer - Each night receives a vision of a target player and learns the players nature (Wolf/Not Wolf). The seer receives a vision on Night 0 of one randomly chosen player that is not a wolf. Thereafter, the seer chooses which player to view.

Hunter - If only two players remain in the game and the hunter is one of those players, then the good team wins even if the other player is a werewolf. He is brutal when lynched or killed. The brutal kill is mandatory. If there is no order in modchat then it will be selected at random.

Martyr- Each night, may choose one player, and if that player is targeted for night kill, the martyr will die in his place. The martyr may choose the same person consecutively without restriction.

5 Villagers - Ordinary villagers with no special powers.

Evil Roles:

2 Werewolves - The werewolves know each other's identity, and may private message/chat without restriction. Each night the wolves choose one target player to kill. There is no kill on Night 0. One of the wolves is brutal and must kill another player if lynched. The brutal is mandatory. If there is no order in modchat the brutal will be selected randomly.

Sorcerer - The sorcerer knows the identity of the werewolves and wins with them, even if dead. Each night, he may view a player to see if they are the seer or not. He gets a random negative N0 view.

Victory Conditions:

Good - All good players win if all werewolves are eliminated, or if the last two players remaining are the hunter and one werewolf.

Evil - All evil players win if the wolves achieve parity: if at any time the number of wolves remaining equals the number of non-wolves remaining, evil wins. However, if one wolf is left with the hunter, then good wins.

Brutal Rules:

If a target is not selected, the brutal will be random. In the endgame scenario where there is: 1 Hunter, 1 Wolf, and 1 other non-wolf (Villager, Good special, Sorcerer), and the Hunter is lynched and targets the wolf, the wolf will be killed, and good wins. Parity will be checked after all processing is complete.

Lynch Rules:

Each day players vote for one player to be lynched. The player receiving the most votes is killed. If there is a tie between two or more players, the tied player with the longest held last vote is killed.

Lynch time is 4:00 PM BGG Time. Votes cast with the lynch time time-stamp are counted. Votes cast after this time are invalid. Votes made during the night phase are invalid.

All votes must conform to the Cassandra Vote Tally System rules. (Will be posted once the game starts). If all living players vote night fall it will speed up the dusk. If there is a tie in the lynch votes, it will be broken by longest held last vote.

Roles will be revealed on death (Full Role Reveal).

Night Orders:

Wolves, Seer, Martyr, and Sorcerer must all submit their night orders by Dawn. Dawn will be at 5:00 PM BGG time. Players can do this by using the Cassandra Game Order system in the Cassandra Chat System.

If all living players (including those with out night actions) click on the 'Lock Game Actions' button it will speed up Dawn.

Important Information:
Tiebreaker: longest held last vote
Lynch time: 4:00 PM BGG Time
Night Action Deadline: 5:00 PM BGG Time

Weekend Policy: This game will not run over the weekend.

This game will start when full.

Please note that the moderator does not have access to The Cassandra Project during standard business hours, M-F (eastern time). Out-of-thread contact will have to be conducted via geekmail.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Player List According to Cassandra:
Babbaloie
Gregarius
hibou
LaSJ
miraria
nswoll
saberwolf13
silverbonds
tcrudisi
Violintides
ZenMonkey11

11 players are signed up.

To sign up for this game go to
http://www.thecassandraproject.org/jeremy/werewolf/game/7827...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Woll
United States
Warsaw
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just signed up on Cassandra.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seneca Crane
United States
California
flag msg tools
"Don't be afraid of death, be afraid of the unlived life." --Natalie Babbitt, 'Tuck Everlasting'
badge
mb
I just signed up because I am already dead in #7. soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Rudisill
United States
Winston-Salem
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just signed up because Violin is already dead in #7 so I really have no reason to play it any more.

And right now, others in #7 are going: "But he said he was leaving!" So I did. I got caught up reading my sports websites. I'm certainly leaving soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
For the last time, Silverbonds is a she.
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I signed up because I missed #1-#7.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
skay lden
Abkhazia
Alabama
msg tools
thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Last Post Bandit
Canada
flag msg tools
I like toast
mbmbmbmbmb
I just signed up on Cassandra.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Rudisill
United States
Winston-Salem
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Warning: I am signed up for 3 games currently and they are pacing each other to start at the exact same time. I'm uncomfortable playing in 2 games; three would be hell.

So if this one starts soon, I'm in. If it keeps pacing the other two, this will be the one I drop. It's a bummer because I really enjoy these "Hi, P11" games, but there's just no way that I could do 3 games at the same time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Kinard
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played the game a few times in person, but I've always been interested in trying it online! I'm getting antsy for the CON this year, and I figure this is a good way to satiate my hunger for gaming NOW NOW NOW!

I just signed up on Cassandra and this will be my first game...so be nice!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seneca Crane
United States
California
flag msg tools
"Don't be afraid of death, be afraid of the unlived life." --Natalie Babbitt, 'Tuck Everlasting'
badge
mb
I think we should make a pact for the following;

If you're going AFK and won't be back for a certain time period, just make a post saying so (so we don't think you're lurking; which is an evil sign for the newbs).

DO NOT string up people based on quietness alone; but rather based on lack of content or based on lurking if they are being quiet.

DO NOT kill our newbies during the D1 lynch so they have a chance to experience D1 and N1 (if the wolves kill them on N1 then obviously we can't stop that, so...)

Those are my thoughts to try and make this a more newbie-friendly game and avoid people feeling too overrun by the fact that we post like fiends.

Oh, and I am nightfalling on Tcrudisi the minute this game starts. (just kidding )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Kinard
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The newbie appreciates your benevolence.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sara
United States
Hazel Park
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
violintides wrote:
I think we should make a pact for the following;

If you're going AFK and won't be back for a certain time period, just make a post saying so (so we don't think you're lurking; which is an evil sign for the newbs).

DO NOT string up people based on quietness alone; but rather based on lack of content or based on lurking if they are being quiet.

DO NOT kill our newbies during the D1 lynch so they have a chance to experience D1 and N1 (if the wolves kill them on N1 then obviously we can't stop that, so...)

Those are my thoughts to try and make this a more newbie-friendly game and avoid people feeling too overrun by the fact that we post like fiends.

Oh, and I am nightfalling on Tcrudisi the minute this game starts. (just kidding )

I agree with everything posted above.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Rudisill
United States
Winston-Salem
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Forewarning:

My internet access has died on me the last couple of days. (I'm at the library now, which is why I can actually post.) My landlord is out of town, so there's a chance I might not get internet access back until he gets back home to reset the router. If that happens, I won't be online for 5 days.

I will do everything I can to participate in this game. However - if I have not posted by the time the game starts, I'll leave it at the mercy of Violin and the other players if they can handle not having an active player until Tuesday or Wednesday (I have no idea whether he meant 5 days or 5 nights when my wife talked to him on the phone).

Really, really sorry about this guys.

If you see another post by me before then, I'll be updating everyone on my internet situation (and probably being able to play, then!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S.S.L.
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just joined. I'm a first time player (but I've played the non-online version before). Looking forward!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seneca Crane
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mb
hibou wrote:
I just joined. I'm a first time player (but I've played the non-online version before). Looking forward!!

Welcome to BGG WW! I hope we can make your stay here a fun one.
If you want to go read through some previous games, please do!
Also you may be interested in some of the lingo used around here...
Wifom, ping, nightfall etc... Any questions when reading other games please ask
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S.S.L.
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
violintides wrote:
hibou wrote:

Welcome to BGG WW! I hope we can make your stay here a fun one.
If you want to go read through some previous games, please do!
Also you may be interested in some of the lingo used around here...
Wifom, ping, nightfall etc... Any questions when reading other games please ask

Thank you Amanda! I don't know what wifom or ping mean. I started looking at a few of the past games and instructive forums. It's nice that people took the time to put up all the instructions about roles, acronyms, etc. It's a lot to read through all at once, but I'm sure I'll get the hang of it soon! (and until then, I'll be quietly sneaky and strategic ).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seneca Crane
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mb
If people are being "pingy" it means they are making someone feel like they're being evil... So if I say you're being pingy. It means I think you're evil.

"WIFOM" = Wine In Front Of Me.
It's a Princess Bride reference.
"clearly I cannot choose the wine in front of me because you knew I would" etc etc...

If I come out D1 and say I am a wolf.
Am I throwing around FUD (fear/uncertainty /doubt), or am I being honest in the hopes no one will realize it... Etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lasse Sumborg
Denmark
Odense M
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nyaaahg.... FINE!
Take my spare time

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
United States
flag msg tools
I see that the game is full, but I know that tcrudisi's Internet is on the fritz.

I can hand out roles and give you a _really_ long D1, or, preferably, you guys will be okay with waiting until Tuesday to start the game..?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seneca Crane
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mb
linguistfromhell wrote:
I see that the game is full, but I know that tcrudisi's Internet is on the fritz.

I can hand out roles and give you a _really_ long D1, or, preferably, you guys will be okay with waiting until Tuesday to start the game..?

I am fine with roles now and a long D1.
Or if we want to wait for Tcrudisi to confirm his internets are back, that's fine too.
I really wanted to play a game with him so hopefully we don't have to look for a replacement for him...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
United States
flag msg tools
Alright, so I am calling [dawn].

Please note that with tcrudisi gone, we are basically at 10/11. First lynch will either be at least 24 hours after tcrudisi reports in, or on Wednesday - whichever happens first.

If you want to wait to post, consider Monday a weekend as far as this game is concerned. No one should be considered UTR (under the radar, for the new players) due to this.

If you have questions, please ask. Thanks! And good luck to all!

Game on!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Cassandra Automatic Vote Tally System

Your Moderator has enabled the Cassandra Automatic Vote Tally system
for this game. In order for it to function correctly, your votes will
need to be formatted correctly. The following rules will explain what
you will need to do:

Players
1. All votes must be bolded

2. The entire vote statement must be bolded and enclosed in bracekts:
[vote jmilum]

3. If your game allows, and you [vote nightfall] your vote will
be locked. Your moderator may have disabled nightfall votes.

4. Vote tallies will be automatically posted to the game thread
regularly if the tally has changed. The Tally and Vote Logs (for each
game day) are also available on the Cassandra game page.

5. If your vote is not counted be sure to check the Vote Log page and
see if it was marked invalid and why.

6. Case does not matter and simple typos will not cause the vote to fail.

7. You may [vote no lynch] if your game allows it.

8. Non voting players will be listed in the tallies. This will only be
correct if the Moderator notes which players have been killed (see below)

9. Editing a vote post will invalidate the vote and it will not be counted.

Moderators
1. The moderator will need to post [Dawn] when the day begins
(after the night results are posted) and [Dusk] when the lynch
deadline has passed and the day is over. Votes will not be counted
after [Dusk] has been posted. They will be registered again
after [Dawn] is next posted.

2. You may include a day number in the dawn and dusk post for
informational purposes, but it will not be used by the system.
Cassandra will increment an internal counter each time it sees
[Dawn] no matter what day is shown in a dawn post (i.e.
[Dawn 3] the three is allowed but ignored)

3. After dusk has been posted, the Moderator may go to the game page
on Cassandra to request a Final Tally to be posted before the normal
scan period has elapsed (i.e. Game Y gets scanned at 45 min. after the
hour, if it lynches at 7pm the moderator may request a tally to be
posted from the game page before 7:45pm. it will also be posted
regardless of whether or not it has been changed since the last
posting) - Do this by clicking on the 'Force Vote Tally' link.

4. You will need to note which players were killed via the lynch or at night by
either posting [killed jmilum] in the thread, or by going to the game
page and editing the player list. When posting in the thread, be sure to post
[dusk] before posting the lynch kill, and post [dawn] before
posting the night kill.
Example:
A. lynch time has passed so post [dusk]
B. goto the game page and select a final tally to be posted
C. check the final tally and post [killed melsana]
D. after the night deadline has passed post [dawn]
E. post the night kill with [killed kima]

Your Moderator has chosen to use the Longest Held Last Vote method for a tiebreaker - This is just for Cassandra system, and there may be a different tiebreaker specified by your Moderator in the ruleset.
Your Moderator has chosen to allow Nightfall votes.
Your Moderator has chosen to allow No Lynch votes.

Vote Log Page: http://www.thecassandraproject.org/jeremy/werewolf/game/7827...
Vote Tally Page: http://www.thecassandraproject.org/jeremy/werewolf/game/7827...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
United States
flag msg tools
Saying it again, so Cassy will see it ...

Alright, so I am calling [dawn].

Please note that with tcrudisi gone, we are basically at 10/11. First lynch will either be at least 24 hours after tcrudisi reports in, or on Wednesday - whichever happens first.

If you want to wait to post, consider Monday a weekend as far as this game is concerned. No one should be considered UTR (under the radar, for the new players) due to this.

If you have questions, please ask. Thanks! And good luck to all!

Game on!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi I will give you, your first meta.

[vote Babbaloie]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [22] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.