Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
2 Posts

Farmageddon» Forums » Reviews

Subject: Games With Two Review - The Farm Apocalypse is Coming! - Farmageddon rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Moslander
United States
Fenton
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Posted From: www.gameswithtwo.com

The world is coming to an end, and there is not much time left. So, it's time to get your farming on. Well, I guess that is what we are doing as the title would imply, however, it feels more like cutthroat farming to me. Farmageddon is a new game from 5th Street Games. A friend of mine backed the game on Kickstarter and received a print and play version of the game as part of the backing. This is a great marketing idea, as the game can be out getting publicity before the published version hits the streets later this year.

Farmageddon is a card game where you have two sets of cards: plant cards and action cards. The goal of the game is to plant crops into fields, then fertilize them, and harvest them. However, as you do this, your opponents try to steal & sabotage your crops. You may think you are about to score some major points, and then at the last minute your crops are taken from you. The take that aspect of this game is constant, especially in a two-player game. So, if you plant something, plan on your opponent harvesting it for you. The game ends one round after the last crop card is drawn. Players then score the crops that they harvested, and the player with the most points wins.

Since this was a print and play version of the game, I cannot comment too much on the quality of the components. The artwork is perfect for the game. It has a light cartoon feel to the artwork, but it is very well done. I don't know how much they are going to be selling this for, but I believe the lowest Kickstarter level where you received a copy of the game was $12 or more. So, if they sell it retail between $15-20, I think they will be right on the mark. The game play went very smoothly, and everyone had a great time playing it. We played with 4 players and everyone was laughing as people would get their crops stolen or destroyed. Mrs. Games With Two and I also played this as a two player, and it worked well, however, I felt like the three or four player game was a bit more lively. There are more people attacking each others farms, and you can target different people throughout the game. In the two player game, you only have one other person to target, and it feels like you under constant attack the entire game.

Don't expect a deep gaming experience from Farmageddon. As you can get from the title, this is a light-hearted, family-friendly card game. This is a solid card game that can be played with a variety of groups. This isn't Dominion or one of the Living Card Games from Fantasy Flight. It's a fun, simple game, that does offer a good amount of strategy, but that can go right out the window as soon as someone steals your crops and you are left with nothing. We enjoyed it, and the table was laughing and having a great time playing this one. The price is also right on this one; well worth taking a look at it.

See more at www.gameswithtwo.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow! Thank you do much for the great review. You said exactly the kinds of things I'd hope to hear. The final game should retail for about $15. We wanted to give early backers a discount.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.