High Tail It!» Forums » Sessions

Subject: billabong first game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nathan Graham
United States
Colorado Springs
flag msg tools
My wife has played Billabong several times and really likes the game. This was my first go. I was a little dubious as I never did well at those spatial awareness tests in grade school. Four of us started the game and, I was told, we were very bunched up at the starting line, and so it took a few turns to get some clear space to start my 'roos jumping. For some reason I took an early lead, beginner's luck I guess. One of the most agressive member of our game group fell behind and wound up having to advance several of her pieces one space at a time. The game developed nicely with some very complex jumps happening. Being new to the game, I tended to think in much more simple terms that some of the experienced players. And yet, despite their impressive jumps, I just kept plodding along getting one, then two, then three of my pieces off. Much to my surprise--any everyone else's probably, my simple strategy allowed me to get all of my pieces off pretty easily. I look forward to playing Billabong again and getting some of the complexities.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.