Winnetka
California
flag msg tools
designer
Baseball been bery bery good to me
badge
This is a picture of a published game designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I have bought over two dozen copies of TwixT in my life. Some I gave away. Some were used to make my 36x36 board. Many I still have.

I have purchased three copies in the first edition chubby box.
Connection gamer's grail

But one of those chubby TwixTs (the one with wooden pegs) has shown up missing, and the two copies which remain have different board construction. So every day eBay sends me an email with TwixT ads, and I check out the pictures. Recently, my eyes saw four red pegs on the cover (instead of just two). I bid, and I won. I had purchased my fourth chubby first edition TwixT set (I can stop but I don't want to), or so I thought.

What arrived was sadly a regular bookshelf box. Seller was all apologetic. She had some bookshelf games to sell, and she didn't want to take a bunch of pictures. She looked on the internet, and found some nice images, most of them at BGG. The picture of TwixT which she believed showed the best composition was this:

When I saw that image, I immediately bid without reading the text. After discovering the error, I went back and read the text carefully, to see if the seller even noted that it wasn't her own picture (she hadn't). While I was there reading the ad again, I looked at the picture more closely. I saw something in the picture. That's Michelle's chair. That's Michelle's glass table. That's Michelle's game room. That is my own copy of TwixT!

Seller refunded my money and kudos to Michelle for taking such a nice picture.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lewis Goldberg
United States
Arnold
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
That's a funny story!

I'm assuming you now have a copy of Twixt you don't want/need? See anything on my trade list that inspires you?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.