Bomber Command» Forums » Rules

Subject: Not Errata but 2 Points for 13.0 "Playing Downfall List" rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam Parker
Australia
Unspecified
flag msg tools
I want to smell the gunpowder and hear the cannons roar in my games even at the operational level.
badge
Let me make my own history in my games limited only by their epochal possibilities.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Lee,

I've happily finished a thorough read of the main rules (leaving the advanced rules for another day) and I must say, they really are solid.

I mean, now knowing a bit about the era and campaign, I can see the words of books and first hand accounts behind the various mechanics, and I'm really excited to give them a go.

The only 2 things remaining that I've found are not errata but they could be included in Section 13 "Playing Downfall" if you like - which of course, is simply a list you've provided as a quick reference of rules differences applicable to that scenario. They are:

1. Mosquito Hunting applies (9.9.2)

2. Follow-up Raids may be flown (10.6)

Otherwise, things look really tight. There's a lot that's scrambled out my head during this reading, but I believe the Play Aids are really robust.

Now to test this baby out solitaire, for a mission. I've got a good hunch it may just work. I'll report how I go. I've got "The Songs and Music of World War II" as background (a top collection of tunes from the Isles it turns out). Now to see where Bomber Harris wants me to fly.

Thanks for this title.
Adam.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Parker
Australia
Unspecified
flag msg tools
I want to smell the gunpowder and hear the cannons roar in my games even at the operational level.
badge
Let me make my own history in my games limited only by their epochal possibilities.
mbmbmbmbmb
Saarbrucken in clear weather with poor visibility. None of the asterisked Gruppen made it into the ready box. Got 3 raids and a split off the Main plotted. Interesting card hands for both sides dealt.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrzej Fiett
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Adam Parker wrote:
The only 2 things remaining that I've found are not errata but they could be included in Section 13 "Playing Downfall" if you like - which of course, is simply a list you've provided as a quick reference of rules differences applicable to that scenario. They are:

1. Mosquito Hunting applies (9.9.2)

2. Follow-up Raids may be flown (10.6)

3. The aimpoint must be either an Industrial or Transport area (10.3.1)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Brimmicombe-Wood
United Kingdom
Ely
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Good catches. They shall go into the living rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.