Subject: Kanata Board Gamers THURSDAY 29 March **6PM-11PM** KCCRC rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
S Larkin
Canada
Carp
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Next time I will let you know how Les Jeux aux Boute went. Like Ludo Outaouais, it is an open gaming convention.

There will be a meeting of the Kanata Board Gamers this Thursday, 29 March 2012. The start time for the session is 6 PM till approximately 11pm.

The place is: Kanata Community Christian Reformed Church
Detailed directions follow, but it is quite close to the Wizard’s Tower and the Hazeldean Public Library.

Also, send me a geekmail if you want to let me know about anything - from suggestions for raising club attendance, club purchase suggestions, or just telling me whether you can make the meeting.

Feel free to use this forum thread to discuss what to play!

You may bring food & drink (be neat!). We can rearrange the tables & chairs provided we return everything an keep things tidy.

Our meetings are posted on meetup; check out http://meetup.gamesforall.ca/

Kanata Community Christian Reformed Church (KCCRC) is 46 Castlefrank Rd (directions follow). There is parking outside. Follow the signs to the church basement.

I will be collecting $2.50 from each person. The first $20 collected is donated to our gracious venue. Any left over will go into a boardgame library fund. Maybe we'll have enough for some 2012 Essen picks? The war chest stands at $63.50 and the library stands at 5 games (Automobile, Eclipse, The Forgotten Planet, Colonial: Europe's Empires Overseas, and Pergamemnon). Members can borrow from the library any time.

Visitors are always welcome. Come on in and check us out! There is no obligation, but if you decide to become a member it only costs $5 and entitles you to 10% discount cards at select local games stores.

Note if you want the discount cards (for Fandom II, Toys on Fire, and Comic Book Shoppe), let me know & I'll have them made up. 100% of the $5 fee goes to Can Games to support kids games and the cards are good for 1 calendar year from the month you get them. We have collected $42.50 for the kids so far.

Please add to this thread with your suggestions of what to play.

Hope to see you then!

Directions to the Kanata Community Christian Reformed Church (from the East):

1. Take Queensway/417 to MARCH/MARCH RD. exit, EXIT 138, toward CH. EAGLESON/EAGLESON RD./KANATA. 600m
2. Take the EAGLESON RD SOUTH ramp. 0.09 km
3. Turn LEFT onto EAGLESON RD/CHEMIN EAGLESON/RR-49 S. 2.1 km
4. Turn SLIGHT RIGHT onto HAZELDEAN RD/CHEMIN HAZELDEAN/RR-36 1.3 km
5. Turn LEFT onto CASTLEFRANK RD/CHEMIN CASTLEFRANK. 0.3 km
6. 46 CASTLEFRANK ROAD is on your left at the stop sign.
7. Go up the hill to the church and park at the top. There will be a sign on the church doors near the parking lot directing you.
8. Go thru' the doors and into the main hall. To your left will be stairs leading down. Take the stairs and at the bottom go right then left. We are in room 103 at the end of the corridor.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Brant
Canada
Stittsville
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I should be there.

I'm open to playing anything.

Here's some suggestions in no particular order:

Merchants and Marauders
Power Grid First Sparks followed by Power Grid!
Chaos in the Old World w/ Horned Rat
RuneWars
Eclipse

**edit. items in RED I do not own, but know that other people in the club do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Valenta
Canada
Kanata
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be there this week. I would love to play Merchants & Marauders or Rune Wars but I am open to play anything as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan M
Canada
flag msg tools
GamerAtom wrote:
I should be there.

I'm open to playing anything.

Here's some suggestions in no particular order:

Merchants and Marauders
Chaos in the Old World w/ Horned Rat
RuneWars
Eclipse

I would give Choas another go. I may also bring out The Manhattan Project.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Ruhland
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I will be making a rare appearance at the KBG you lucky gamers. I am open to anything as well. Would love to play Rune Wars, Merchants and Merauders, Power Grid of any kind (still haven't played), Eclipse, basicly anything although I played a tonne of Tic-Tac-Toetoday so that is out.

See you all there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Al Villeneuve
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Guys,

I'd like to stop by this week, only thing is I won't be there right at 6pm. What are the chances you'll get two sessions in?

-Al
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Brant
Canada
Stittsville
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BigL16 wrote:
Hi Guys,

What are the chances you'll get two sessions in?

-Al

It really depends on what games get picked first.. if Rune Wars or M&M, not likely, but any of the others, most likely.

2 Weeks ago we managed to play NightFall, Survive and Power Grid First Sparks all in one night.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Valenta
Canada
Kanata
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GamerAtom wrote:
BigL16 wrote:
Hi Guys,

What are the chances you'll get two sessions in?

-Al

It really depends on what games get picked first.. if Rune Wars or M&M, not likely, but any of the others, most likely.

2 Weeks ago we managed to play NightFall, Survive and Power Grid First Sparks all in one night.

Also, we typically have 2 or 3 tables going so even if one group of 4 took on Rune Wars or M&M there would likely be others playing potentially shorter game. Last session, our group played 7 Wonders, AGoT and Race for the Galaxy at the other table.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd play Chaos again as well but I'd rather not be Khorne again - just to try a different strategy.

Or, you know, anything's good...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Chalupka
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hoping to be there. Runewars or M&M sound good to me. And I'll bring my copy of Power Grid - I'm always up for a game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lang Bedang
Canada
Kanata
Ontario
flag msg tools
FortyRock
badge
Beware of Rocks from above
mbmbmbmbmb
I should be there this week.

Hoping Chris might bring Rex along. If not, Power Grid or a second go at Chaos sounds good. Can take a few off my shelf, also.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Brant
Canada
Stittsville
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I forgot about Chris sayin he'd bring Rex. Sounds interesting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hall
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
I have some pull with Chris, so I'll make sure he brings Rex.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remy Suen
Canada
Nepean
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GamerAtom wrote:

I'm in Virginia for a conference (as I type this) and won't be showing up this week. I asked Dan to bring PG:FS with him though.

If you guys do play it, please read the rules (http://www.riograndegames.com/games.html?id=400) about the bidding on pg. 5 and 6 that talks about the rules regarding adding a field crop of value 1 to the lowest card in the market. I did not mention this rule when we played it at the last meet-up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Le
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aye, I will bring along Remy's copy of Power Grid First Sparks. Yet to read the rules (so won't be able to teach it), but I know some played it the previous week, who should be up to speed.

I'm up for almost anything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott McKay
Canada
Ottawa
ON
flag msg tools
mvalenta wrote:
our group played 7 Wonders, AGoT and Race for the Galaxy

Yeah, we packed in all 3 cuz Mike schooled us so quickly in AGoT. shake

Up for anything but want to play Sid's Civ sometime. Mike, are you coming out again?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MIke H
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Working on it. I'm a definite maybe for now...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Al Villeneuve
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well I'll be there for sure tonight. I probably won't show up till 7pm-8pm, but I'll be there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan M
Canada
flag msg tools
I just received a copy of Lords of Waterdeep that I would love to play if anyone is interested as well tonight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remy Suen
Canada
Nepean
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Moose2387 wrote:
I just received a copy of Lords of Waterdeep that I would love to play if anyone is interested as well tonight.

Would play if I could show up, lol.

Have a good time everyone! :)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Valenta
Canada
Kanata
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We had 14 people show up this sessions (15 if you include Don who had to leave shortly after arriving to deal with a server crash ) so we split up into 3 tables. At the first table, Ryan, Dan, Scott and, I believe Kris and Chris (please forgive me if I got those names wrong) played a game of Lords of Waterdeep followed by a game of Bohnanza. At the second table, Chris, Mark, Langly, Bob and myself played a game of Rex: Final Days of an Empire and then were joined by Dan rom table 1 for a game of Saboteur. At the final table, Adam, Julien, David and Eric played a game of Runewars.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw Mark come in as I was leaving so fortunately you didn't have to lose a player for Rex.

I was just sitting down to play when I got the message that our Windows server crashed. The regular IT guy is on vacation so I had to go into the office and make some calls. We operate 24 hours so we need it running.

After all that the solution - (drum roll) - turn it off and then on again. shake

I was really looking forward to playing either Rex or Waterdeep too.

Oh well, that's life sometimes. I look forward to our next meetup!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan M
Canada
flag msg tools
I'll bring out Waterdeep again so you can give it a go. From what I could tell everyone really enjoyed it. It is also short enough that we could do 2 games in a night.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.