Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Rogers
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Okay so I know I must be missing these somewhere either within the rules or in the FAQs but I can't seem to find them regardless.

1) Can cities and production chits share the same space within a province? I don't believe they can but I want to double check.

2) Do cities block production chit expansion on every side? For example, in the province of Java Timur, there is a space toward the north where a city chit could go but two spaces beneath for production chits. Can chits of a company go under the city and continue to expand or does the city act as a barrier no matter what.

3) Can two different production chit types share the same province space, example a rice and spice chit, or do spaces only hold one production chit?

Thanks guys.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Davis
United States
New Concord
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
John Rogers wrote:
Okay so I know I must be missing these somewhere either within the rules or in the FAQs but I can't seem to find them regardless.

1) Can cities and production chits share the same space within a province? I don't believe they can but I want to double check.

2) Do cities block production chit expansion on every side? For example, in the province of Java Timur, there is a space toward the north where a city chit could go but two spaces beneath for production chits. Can chits of a company go under the city and continue to expand or does the city act as a barrier no matter what.

3) Can two different production chit types share the same province space, example a rice and spice chit, or do spaces only hold one production chit?

Thanks guys.

One thing per space. Always. Plantation chits can't share spaces with other chits or with cities.

Edit After I understood question 2 better: Cities only prevent you from placing plantation tiles on their precise space. It is totally legal for them to be completely surrounded by plantations. Java Timur is a good example of how city placement can affect the game quite strongly. A city on the northern tip (on its own tiny island there) allows the Rice plantation to the south a lot more room to expand. But a city in the southern part rather stunts that plantation's growth.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Rogers
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks for the prompt and clarifying reply Matt.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.