Subject: Can Bombing Air base prevent Scramble same turn rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bret Hawkeye
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi

I am asking since it might occur next time we play.

Can I declare my attacks on a fleet and a neighboring air base and (given success) prevent so the Fighters from scrambling?
Order or conduct combat:
- bomb the air base
- conduct the naval battle, and since the air base is damaged now, planes cannot scramble

or is the choice to scramble made before battles are conducted?

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Reece
United States
Garland
Texas
flag msg tools
No

you do all movement
then the defender scrambles
then you resolve battles.

In a more complicated WW2 game you might have many different sub steps which might allow this to occur. But not in axis and allies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan van der Laan
Netherlands
Leeuwarden
Friesland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So bombing an airbase (or a naval base) has exactly the same effect as bombing an industrial complex, Just forcing the opponent to spend IPC's at the beginning of his turn in order to repair the damage. Seems odd.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Chapman
United States
Powhatan
Virginia
flag msg tools
Axis & Allies Developer and Playtester; War of the Ring Editor and Playtester
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not exactly. One power can still knock out a base for another power. For example, Italy could bomb a UK air base so that UK could not scramble against Germany, as UK would not have a chance to repair it before Germany's turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bret Hawkeye
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Ok thanks. I thought so.

I just face the situation where allies can help each other this a lot (USA + ANZAC or USA+UK). As Axis player you seldom hav this possibility, with Japan to far away and Italy not really flexible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan van der Laan
Netherlands
Leeuwarden
Friesland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Krieghund wrote:
Not exactly. One power can still knock out a base for another power. For example, Italy could bomb a UK air base so that UK could not scramble against Germany, as UK would not have a chance to repair it before Germany's turn.

I overlooked that possibility (but it seems hard for Italy to do what you describe). But given the relative simplicity of A&A:G I can live with that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bret Hawkeye
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Jan van der Laan wrote:
Krieghund wrote:

I overlooked that possibility (but it seems hard for Italy to do what you describe). But given the relative simplicity of A&A:G I can live with that.

Even though its possible, the power to attack the air base, would have to face the fighters in that area, which it means to prevent from scrambling against its partner power.

e.g. Italy bombing the air base of england to prevent scrambling in Germanys turn.

So its still an unlikely scenario, but possible or course.:)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Young
United States
Anacortes
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
To help keep all actions straight (and in the order in which they occur), I've compiled the following that can be copied and pasted to a text file (or word processor) and printed out.

===========

PHASES

1. PURCHASE AND REPAIR
a. Conduct Research & Development (if optional rules are in effect)
b. Purchase new units and place in mobilization zone
c. Pay for and repair damaged Facilities (1 IPC/damage)
d. Repair damaged ships (no cost)

2. COMBAT MOVEMENT (Powers at war only)
a. Declare war
b. Blitz - move through/into unoccupied enemy territories
c. Liberate - move through/into unoccupied enemy controlled friendly territories
d. Move units into occupied hostile (Enemy, Unfriendly Neutral or Neutral) territories/sea zones and declare combat
e. Scramble air units

3. CONDUCT COMBAT (Powers at war only)
Bombing Raids
a. Air Combat - one round
b. Facility Defensive Fire - one round
c. Bombing Runs

Amphibious Assaults
a. Sea Combat
b. Shore Bombardment - one round (Cruisers and Battleships)
c. Land Combat

General Combat
a. Air Defense - AAA Guns fire (choose and remove casaulties)
b. Submarines submerge or surprise attack (choose and remove casaulties)
c. Attacking units fire
d. Defender chooses casaulties
e. Defending units fire
f. Attacker chooses causalties and all causalties are removed
g. Combat continues (from item "b" above), OR
h. Attacker retreats

4. NONCOMBAT MOVEMENT
a. Move units that did not move in the Combat Movement Phase
b. Move units into Friendly Neutral territories, take control and mobilize their infantry
c. Move air units to Aircraft Carriers or to territories held since the beginning of the turn

5. MOBILIZE NEW UNITS
a. Place units at Industrial Complexes that have been held since the beginning of the turn (except China)

6. COLLECT INCOME
a. Determine Territorial IPC Income
b. Determine and adjust for Convoy Distruption
c. Determine and adjust for National Objectives
d. Collect Income (Note: You must have control of your capital)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.