Subject: Z-Man customer service rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Malcolm Sleight
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmb
I tell you what, Z-Man's customer service is getting terrible. I received my copy of Ora et Labora in early January, and it was missing the deck of cards. I've contacted Z-Man numerous times and still don't have a replacement?? deck. I'm getting all kinds of excuses about this being an imported game and they are having trouble obtaining spares. I DON"T CARE about their problems - these things should have been considered up front and a stock of spares DEMANDED with the shipment of games. I'm a professional by day, and if my customer service was to this level, I wouldn't have any work at all. At this point in time, it seems that the least they could do is bite the proverbial bullet and break open a game and send me a deck - ARE YOU READING THIS Z-MAN? - or even better, send a replacement game.

Does anyone have an email address other than customer service?
I hope someone from the parent company sees and reads this.....

Malc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Try contacting Zev here:

Zev Shlasinger
United States
Naples
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb

His last login on BGG was today, so he is monitoring BGG.

If that also fails, then try contacting Lookout Games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
zilch zilch
msg tools
mbmb
I am not a Zman apologist, but in fairness to them, I feel compelled to say that I happily and coincidentally received this email from them regarding my missing grain token. Perhaps this phone number will help:

Email from Z-Man Games wrote:
Hello XXXXX,
I will ask our warehouse to send you a grain marker.
Regards,
Sal Ilaqua
Z MAN Games
450-424-0655 ext 225

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Zev isn't handling service anymore and it is for the worse. You must contact csr@zmangames.com as posted on the webpage. You will get a generic confirmation email and then have to hope that the piece you asked for actually is coming in 2-4 weeks. And since it is now based in Canada, instead of the US, will take the full 4 weeks.

It really is a shame Filosofia took over service.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Lott
United States
Little Elm
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
Zev isn't handling service anymore and it is for the worse. You must contact csr@zmangames.com as posted on the webpage. You will get a generic confirmation email and then have to hope that the piece you asked for actually is coming in 2-4 weeks. And since it is now based in Canada, instead of the US, will take the full 4 weeks.

It really is a shame Filosofia took over service.

Agreed. Odds are they don't even know about this website. Bad omens all around for Z-Man games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Kayati
United States
Worthington
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Filosofia certainly knows about BGG. Sophie has an account and posts here on occasion.

There is no doubt that customer service has taken a big hit with the buyout, but we can hope that the level of customer service will improve as things get more integrated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
jkayati wrote:
Filosofia certainly knows about BGG. Sophie has an account and posts here on occasion.

There is no doubt that customer service has taken a big hit with the buyout, but we can hope that the level of customer service will improve as things get more integrated.

Possibly. But as a US customer, there will always be a delay because parts are shipping from Canada, which in my experience has the worst postal system.

Hopefully they can put the personal face back on it. I have less concern for the wait if I actually know the piece is in hand. It took several emails and I never got a direct answer if they had a missing piece to Luna that I requested and they were fairly certain they didn't have. I had to wait the full 4 weeks before it finally arrived. But having no communication with them, I just went to Hall Games and had my piece from Germany in a week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Arnold
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
jkayati wrote:

Possibly. But as a US customer, there will always be a delay because parts are shipping from Canada, which in my experience has the worst postal system.

While I'm not defending the definite decrease in response time and whatnought, your first statement isn't completely accurate; it's my understanding that they're setting up one centralized warehouse/site in Canada, as well as one in the US.

The part about the postal system is sort of weird, we were discussing US and CAN postal systems during the last math trade and the US participants seemed to be slamming their system much more than the Canadians. I think CP is definitely lacking but from their statements I took it to mean we were still way ahead.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Monkeyman wrote:
While I'm not defending the definite decrease in response time and whatnought, your first statement isn't completely accurate; it's my understanding that they're setting up one centralized warehouse/site in Canada, as well as one in the US.

This is not my understanding at all. All material in the US was shipped to Canada was what I was told by either Zev or Sal in one of the emails. There is no US warehouse, and part of the transitional delay was him getting everything up to Canada so they could start sending it back out again. The pieces I have received have all been from Canada.

Quote:
The part about the postal system is sort of weird, we were discussing US and CAN postal systems during the last math trade and the US participants seemed to be slamming their system much more than the Canadians. I think CP is definitely lacking but from their statements I took it to mean we were still way ahead.

Which is why I added "in my experience." I do a lot of international shipping, especially with the Arkham Chessex dice. I always send the Canadian orders out first, then all other international about a week later and then all the US orders. They all arrive at about the same time. The only issues I have had from people being nervous due to delay have all been from Canada with the exception of one. Never in my 15 years of shipping to or from Canada have I had a great experience. So "way ahead" I have never seen, not even remotely close.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ari
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
La vie est un jeu
badge
Panem et Circenses
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
Monkeyman wrote:

This is not my understanding at all. All material in the US was shipped to Canada was what I was told by either Zev or Sal in one of the emails. There is no US warehouse, and part of the transitional delay was him getting everything up to Canada so they could start sending it back out again. The pieces I have received have all been from Canada.

I'll second that. I've had 3 shipments for missing pieces and they all came from canada as well. Dungeon Petz, Ninjato, and Speicherstadt.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
It's not OCD until you sleeve your UNO cards.
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
The die is cast.
badge
You say OCD like it's a bad thing.
mbmbmbmbmb
What did they say when you called them? Sounds like you've been trying to get replacement parts for a couple of months. If you haven't done that yet, it might be the most productive step.

From their customer service page.

Z-Man Games, Inc. tel: 450-424-0655

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ari
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
La vie est un jeu
badge
Panem et Circenses
mbmbmbmbmb
autumnweave wrote:
What did they say when you called them? Sounds like you've been trying to get replacement parts for a couple of months. If you haven't done that yet, it might be the most productive step.

I doubt it will help. It seems that they are just behind. I waited about a month and a half to two months for my dungeon petz parts and a couple of weeks for the others.

I suspect ora is like dp where they just don't have any copies so it's gonna take some time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Arnold
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:

I stand corrected. I checked back through my emails (from October) and Sal had said "The plan is for a centralization of all our merchandise, possibly a warehouse in the USA, and 1 warehouse in Canada."

So I guess they went went just the Canadian one, which would explain the exclusive distribution deal in the US.

KissaTaikuri wrote:
autumnweave wrote:

I doubt it will help. It seems that they are just behind. I waited about a month and a half to two months for my dungeon petz parts and a couple of weeks for the others.

I suspect ora is like dp where they just don't have any copies so it's gonna take some time.

I think that's true, I think they're expecting some at the beginning of April.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie the Cranky Gamer
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
ColtsFan76 wrote:

You clearly don't get around much, do you?

In actual fact, the problem here is the American government. Packages from the US? No problem! Packages in? Oh lord.

I was a frequent Filosofia customer before all this and they always had impeccable customer service.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Lott
United States
Little Elm
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
apotheos wrote:
ColtsFan76 wrote:

In actual fact, the problem here is the American government. Packages from the US? No problem! Packages in? Oh lord.

I was a frequent Filosofia customer before all this and they always had impeccable customer service.

In defense of Coltsfan, I can second his concerns about shipping to/from Canada. I get shipments from Italy faster than I do from Canada.

You're coming off a little defensive. I suggest you leave politics out of it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
apotheos wrote:
ColtsFan76 wrote:

Actually I do but I don't travel by post so I really don't know what that has to do with anything.

As I said, I speak from experience. Seeing as how I send about 20-25 packages worldwide every few months, I can see firsthand how quickly things can get to Austria, Spain, Italy, Germany, UK, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Singapore. And then there is Canada. So the common denominator is they are the same postal boxes, using the same postal system here in the US. The hiccup is, and always has been, Canada.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
Seeing as how I send about 20-25 packages worldwide every few months, I can see firsthand how quickly things can get to Austria, Spain, Italy, Germany, UK, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Singapore. And then there is Canada. So the common denominator is they are the same postal boxes, using the same postal system here in the US. The hiccup is, and always has been, Canada.

Except they're not the same systems at all. Mail to/from Italy, Africa, Australia etc get loaded on planes, and travel the bulk of their trip in just a few hours. To Canada, everything stays on a truck and we're dealing in days instead of hours. It's completely different.

To really compare, you have to find international mail that's also ground only. How are your times to Mexico? That would be the only relevant comparison here.

The problem is we just will never know where the delays exactly are. A two week delivery time could be:

A) 2 days in the US to the border, 12 days tooling around Canada Post.
B) 2 days to a US central collection site, 8 days waiting for a minimum deliverable quantity to accrue, 2 days to the border, 2 days tooling around Canada Post.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
UnknownParkerBrother wrote:
The problem is we just will never know where the delays exactly are. A two week delivery time could be:

A) 2 days in the US to the border, 12 days tooling around Canada Post.
B) 2 days to a US central collection site, 8 days waiting for a minimum deliverable quantity to accrue, 2 days to the border, 2 days tooling around Canada Post.

I know my package isn't flying directly out of Cedar Lake Indiana to Singapore so it still has to get to its destination on trucks during part of that route, still probably needs to gather to some minimum delivers as well.

I guess my point is I don't really care whether it sits idle for 8 days here or 4 days here and 4 days there or whatever. The point is mailing to Canada has always been a pain to me and always had to deal with the delays.

I didn't see Mexico in my most recent logs so don't have a current comparison. But I have mailed there in the past, and recall sending packages to both Canada and Mexico within a relatively short time frame. No issues with Mexico being delayed but the Canadian one was.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Z
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Talk about a thread that's gone off topic.......
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
zilch zilch
msg tools
mbmb
They've gone postal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Rupp
United States
Marion
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, I'm having issues as well.

I'm still waiting on my replacement chits from over 2 months ago.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Dalesandry
United States
Camarillo
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought my copy in February, and some of the chits were damaged. I received replacements within a week. The email I used was csr@zmangames.com.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M Monin
United States
Branford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmb
Moved to Z-Man company forums

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sophie Gravel
Canada
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmb
@Malcom & Jason, would you please send back your request to csr@zmangames.com ?

Kind regards,

Sophie

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S P
United States
Zionsville
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
It didn't do me any good when I did it. I received an email months ago stating my replacements chits would be sent and then...nothing. I sent another email a few weeks ago asking for an update and it was ignored.

Terrible customer service.

sophie tout court wrote:
@Malcom & Jason, would you please send back your request to csr@zmangames.com ?

Kind regards,

Sophie

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.