Travis R. Chance
United States
Fishers
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
So I enjoy this game... except for the part where I have to dig through multiple boxes in order to play it. In fact, this aversion has caused me to altogether abandon playing the game with any real frequency.

Can someone suggest to me a way to store all these in an organized fashion in a single box? I NEED IDEAS PLEASE!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victoria Osborne
United States
Grants Pass
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
there are several downloaded pdf files that have index cards for every single card in every single expansion. Download them as many expansions as needed. take out the box insert and put them all in your biggest box. set aside the radomizers and viola....you can do it iether by expansion, or by type, ie all of the vp in one batch, money in another one. set aside the basic cards and away you go.

that is just my 2 cents worth for what it is worth
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Spencer
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You've been here long enough to get an avatar and you don't know how to search the forums?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Every second post here is a storage solution. The others are complaints about Big Money.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Compulsive Completist
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Big Money always beats storage solutions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sheldon
Canada
Burnaby
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mb
I use one of those white cardboard long boxes you get for Magic/sports cards. Then I went to the dollar store and got some index cards to write the names on to use as dividers. Had to chop part of the index card off to make it fit but it works well. I have the 4 big boxes so a dual longbox worked pretty much perfectly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Blaha
United States
Plainfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
What a Terrible Night to Have a Curse.
mbmbmbmbmb
I am in the exact same situation. However, I have undertaken building a wooden storage solution that will hold the instructions in the bottom and the cards above those. I am aiming to complete assembly this weekend, after which I will start posting pics. If I like how it turns out, I will make a few more, as I know Dominion storage is of huge interest around here!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Martin
United States
Loveland
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have all of the expansions in a 2 row box for holding collectable cards. This includes the bits and boards that come with the games, the Rules do not fit because they are a little wide, but after a few plays with a set we haven't needed them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stew Woods
Australia
Cygnet
Tasmania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hockey Mask wrote:

n00b
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mat Thomsen
United States
Medway
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can check the images section on the Dominion page and then find the "creative" category of photos. Many ideas there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mat Thomsen
United States
Medway
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I use my Magic, fat pack boxes. They work great. Then, separate the cards with rubber bands.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis R. Chance
United States
Fishers
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I know how to search the forums; I just wanted to bring the party to me.

Thanks for the suggestions. I just didn't know if it's possible to fit everything in a single box that isn't the size of Voltron's scrotum.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I created a very simple storage solution that has worked very well for me over many expansions. I started with all the cards using the Alchemy box, but then had to switch to the base game box after getting my last expansion.

Anyway, here's a link to my storage solution. I wanted to have dividers that were simply the name of card and cost. I also wanted to have some sort of color code in order to quickly identify the different types of cards.

For the sides and middle dividers (actually have 3 columns now in the big box), I used 3mm foam purchased at a craft store.

http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/55925/simple-dominion-divi...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hmmm... What?
msg tools
mbmbmb
Nice storage system! Have you done any dividers for the other expansions?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Hamm
United States
Huxley
Iowa
flag msg tools
See this text? It's a gratuitous waste of GeekGold.
badge
The game itself isn't important. Spending time intellectually jousting with likeminded folks is the real reason to game.
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't use dividers.

I have one of those 5,000 count white storage boxes into which everything fits.

Each kingdom card set is in its own individual baggie. Whenever we're about to play a game, each participant grabs two or three baggies at random from the large field of baggies. They then just pop it open and lay out the kingdom cards from that group.

It actually makes setup really quick, plus it makes it so that I can make a "travel Dominion" set really easy. I just grab all of the basic game stuff and 30-40 kingdom baggies at random and fit them all into a gallon Ziploc, which fits really well in a suitcase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Green
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
3-ring binder with an overbox and card storage sheets solves all problems. Cards are easily identifiable due to visible artwork, 9 cards per page makes for easy browsing, stacks of 10-12 easily fit into each sheet pocket, and a 3-ring binder easily stows on practically any shelf. Easy, easy, easy.

The only downside is that the cards can fall out if you invert the binder carelessly, but that's what the overbox is for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathue Faulk
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ken Chaney

California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
used to have some awesome dividers for sale that allowed you to place all of the cards in a single box. It wasn't cheap ($35), but I loved mine....and it has made it much easier to pull the game out. I just checked, however, and he doesn't have any on the Marketplace at this time.

You could message him and see if he has any more available....

Here it is in action:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronnie
United States
Carrollton
Texas
flag msg tools
Just what is it that you want to do? We wanna be free. We wanna be free to do what we wanna do. And we wanna play games. And we wanna have a good time. That's what we're gonna do. We're gonna have a good time. We're gonna have a party!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hockey Mask wrote:

This could be like a new game of Rock Paper Scissors, Dominion BGG style.

The 3rd factor should be posts by Jeff Wolfe, that guy is the quick draw McGraw of Dominion forum!

Big Money complaints beats Storage solution questions which beats Jeff Wolfe who beats Big Money.

Now, 1... 2... 3... go!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis R. Chance
United States
Fishers
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know what the fuck any of that means. Heh.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BT Carpenter
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Jung
United States
Kenosha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
check this out holds 500 sleeved cards in groups of 100
[geekurl=http://geekchichq.com/the-labs/#gameaides][/geekurl]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Donahue
United States
Laurens
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The thread for the storage solution by Ken Chaney which holds 5 expansions or so in the original Dominion box (even penny sleeved) is found here: http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/598029/consolidate-your-domi...

The dividers come either in black matte board or a tough but thin plastic (which I recommend). He sells them through the BGG Marketplace here, but you may have to ask in the thread for him to list another one.

I've been using this solution for over two years and find it to be very compact, easy to search through, with a very slick look.

The added bonus of having so many cards in one box is that it has the density of depleted uranium! Just kidding. While it is fairly heavy, the box has held up very well and isn't hard to carry.

Almost every other Dominion player I run into comments on it and several have ordered one for themselves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarrod Babel
United States
Lewis Center
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I too will swear to the awesomeness that is Ken's storage solution. I have the entire game in 1 original sized box (Dominion, intrique etc) with Hinterlands I have had to increase to using 1 of the smaller boxed too (cornucopia) that should hold the final 2 expansions as well.
His system is very professional looking and in a word is great! he is still doing it and within a week or so of release has the new stickers available for expansions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Branko K.
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

And this is the old one. Now I hold base+Intrigue+Seaside+Alchemy+promos all in the Alchemy box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Shaw
United States
Swoyersville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I cut apart the inserts to my thunder stone expansion boxes and put them into my Dominion base game box. I have every card to date in there along with all tokens and player mats.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.