Subject: Mayday Games And International Shipping rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Toni Ruuska
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's my experience with Mayday Games and their customer service regarding international shipping: it's super.

Here's the long version, in case you want to know:

I ordered a hefty stack of card sleeves some time ago. Took ages to arrive. Several weeks, to be exact. I know that shipping anything from the US to Finland can be slow, but this totally takes the cake.

Finally I got a big letter from the local post office. Inside I found some pieces of paper, which apparently used to be my Mayday order. Not a single card sleeve inside. Instead there's an official letter from the Finnish Post, which states that these things just happen and I should just deal with it.

Great. I had just bought pieces of paper.

I don't like complaining but decided to email Mayday games anyway. Maybe they could tell me what to do. The answer I got was very fast and brief:

Quote:
Sorry about that! We will resend it out under the USPS and you should receive it in about 7-14 days. Let us know when you get this and if you have any more problems with your order. Thanks!

No questions asked. Just great service. A week later my card sleeves arrived nicely packed and ready for boardgaming. Mayday games, you made me very happy. Thank you.

There's a photo of the first and second shipment on my blog: http://feldon.net/2012/03/29/great-customer-service-mayday-g... I never had to show it to Mayday games to prove anything. They just fixed the situation right away. Totally deserves good publicity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon C-F
msg tools
That's some impressive mangling your post office managed there. Kudos to them.

The best mangled package I ever got was the remnants of an envelope that had been set on fire and soaked in oil. Neatly placed in a plastic baggie with a little note saying 'sorry we damaged your mail'.

Hurrah for Mayday games though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ENEMY OF THE STATE

Galt's Gultch
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A friend of mine once received a badly mangled envelope in a plastic bag. The envelope was stamped "DAMAGED IN TRAIN WRECK".

What I found noteworthy was that the Post Office considered this a common enough occurrence to have such a stamp.shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Ham
United States
Lewisville
Texas
flag msg tools
HONK HONK
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a guy from Europe on another site I go to who said he got a package from the US over 2 months after ordering it. It had a big stamp on it: "MISSENT TO IRAN"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Runs with scissors
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
The die is cast.
badge
You say OCD like it's a bad thing.
mbmbmbmbmb
I live in Vancouver, Washington USA. I've had international mail that was accidently sent to Vancouver B.C. Canada first.

Not as cool as any of the above stories.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenny VenOsdel
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
While I was living in Uganda my mother tried to send me a package for my birthday. It usually takes 3 weeks for these packages to arrive but mine took about 3.5 months, held up in Uganda customs apparently. When it did arrive it had all been shoved into a burlap sack and marked. Inside was a mostly destroyed box, some unidentifiable things, and a bunch of rotten food stuffs including chesse, meat, and a jar of broken olives. Apparently my mom missed the memo about not shipping perishables over seas!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SANTI S
Colombia
Miami
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lol the package form the photo seems that had a fight with a big dog,

zombie

Great for Mayday service.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayday Games
United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for taking the time to share this, we really do appreciate the positive feedback! If you need anything else at all please let us know!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.