Subject: The Blackfish rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Knight4
Portugal
flag msg tools
mb
Guys, I've got two questions regarding the Blackfish:

1) What happens to already routed units who lose a battle?
2) What happens if there is no legal way of retreating routed units (meaning: what if the units are stuck? how can they not be destroyed?).

I think the Blackfish saves the units in the former question regardlessly and that the units are wiped out in the latter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dypaca
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Knight4 wrote:
1) What happens to already routed units who lose a battle?

They are destroyed as normal. These are not casualties, routed units are simply destroyed when they need to retreat.

Knight4 wrote:
2) What happens if there is no legal way of retreating routed units (meaning: what if the units are stuck? how can they not be destroyed?).

They can never legally retreat, so they are destroyed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Radosław Michalak
Poland
Tychy
flag msg tools
Gaming is for having fun. Fun requires clear rules.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't remember perfectly, but Blackfish says something about "swords, sculls and House Cards' abilities". And only this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iapetus Iapetus
Poland
Warszawa
POLAND
flag msg tools
mb
The Blackfish card says: "you don't receive losses stem from House cards abilities, battle symbols and Battle Fate cards (translation from Polish, I completely don't know the English meanings: "nie otrzymujesz strat wynikających ze zdolności kart Rodów, symboli bitwy ani kart Losów Bitwy").

How about confrontation with Balon Greyjoy: "Printed strength of your opponent House card is reduced to 0." Is it a loss from which Blackfish protects or not? Maybe English text on Blackfish card is more understandable?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dypaca
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
iapetus84 wrote:
The Blackfish card says: "you don't receive losses stem from House cards abilities, battle symbols and Battle Fate cards (translation from Polish, I completely don't know the English meanings: "nie otrzymujesz strat wynikających ze zdolności kart Rodów, symboli bitwy ani kart Losów Bitwy").

How about confrontation with Balon Greyjoy: "Printed strength of your opponent House card is reduced to 0." Is it a loss from which Blackfish protects or not? Maybe English text on Blackfish card is more understandable?

Blackfish does not protect you from Balon.

Blackfish only protects against casualties (loss of units) due to swords and skulls from House cards and 'Tides of Battle' cards (which are apparently called 'Battle Fate' cards in Polish).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iapetus Iapetus
Poland
Warszawa
POLAND
flag msg tools
mb
As I thought: Polish word on this card is more general and English "casualty" is more specific.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.