Kansas
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Bloooooop.
badge
Bluuuuuurp.
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to the Eaten By Zombies!: In Cahoots Contest. In Cahoots has JUST begun its Kickstarter campaign and we would love for you to take a moment to get to know In Cahoots. You just might win a signed copy of the game, a signed copy of the 4-player Eaten By Zombies Game, some great custom made artwork, or maybe one of our just-released Hardwood Crokinole boards!

Eaten By Zombies: In Cahoots! Is unique in that it is a 2-player deck builder game which is based on the Eaten By Zombies world created by Max Holliday in his 2011 smash hit. In Cahoots features two all new starting players, as well as all new swag cards, and five special zombie cards from fan-submitted pictures. The game comes in a handsome "ammo pouch" inspired box which is a nice follow up to the 4-player Eaten By Zombies game's Ammo Can stylized box.

This 2-player game is still set in the 1950s in Main Street USA and can be played stand alone as a 2-player game where players will likely need to cooperate much more to survive, especially if the "In Cahoots" Swag Card comes into play. This game can also be used as a 5-6 player expansion of the original game, with room in the original box for the expansion thanks to great planning on Max's part.

While In Cahoots is a deck-building game, the object is not to rack up victory points or just to improve the value/size of your hand. Instead, the goal is just to stay alive for one more turn. Players start with 12 cards (5 heavy stick, 5 hide and 2 Sandwiches), shuffling them to keep 6 of them in their hand. The players then face a zombie horde, starting with just one zombie at the beginning of the game. Players must choose to fight or flee, with a successful attempt meaning the player can "scavenge" for more swag. The value of the "scavenge" (think "buy" in Dominion) is the strength of the fight/flee value, plus some modifiers on certain cards. Cards scavenged go directly into the player's hand in preparation for the next onslaught and zombies that are successfully fought end up in the player's discard pile, along with the played cards for each turn.

As players shuffle and draw from their new draw piles the killed zombies appear in a player's hand. These zombies can only be gotten rid of by playing them on other players. When the zombie deck has been gone through the first time then instead of one zombie per turn, each player must face two zombies per turn, and so on. The result is tougher and tougher fights and more and more zombies. As players lose a fight/flee exchange with the horde they must discard cards, weakening their future resistance to the zombies. Players who lose an encounter and have no cards left to draw succumb to the zombies and lose the game in the 2-player game. With enough cooperation both players can win the game together by having no zombies left in the zombie deck, a tall order in this tough battle for your own humanity. For greater options play with 3 or more players with the Eaten By Zombies base game, in that case as a player dies they actually become a zombie and continue playing the game with all new actions.

Enter Now!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blank Francis
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAINS
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nelson
United States
Idaho Falls
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I suggest not choosing one letter the whole way through...not as good as you think it might be.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Baldassar
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
5 right 11 entries
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Runs with scissors
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
The die is cast.
badge
You say OCD like it's a bad thing.
mbmbmbmbmb
Here for the microbadge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Helton
United States
Pueblo
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
4 right, 9 entries
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miika K.
Finland
KAIPOLA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
6 / 6
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray.T
Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
More zombie's
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Manore
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
Warlord beats Troll, Troll beats Elf, Elf beats Water Sprite, and basically everything else beats Enchanted Bunny.
mbmbmbmbmb
6 / 6

I was introduced to this game at Spiel-Essen 2011, and I LOVE it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Ruiz
United States
Calexico
CA - California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
8 Entries GL everyone
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JJ Belyeu
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
is it just me, or does the link not work?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Christopher
United States
Edwards
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BeerMe wrote:

Nope same here, blank page.

Switched computers, working now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicola Gambetti
Italy
Bolzano
Trento
flag msg tools
designer
And plastic for the Plastic Throne!
badge
Life is adventure or nothing.
mbmbmbmbmb
5/6: thank you for the contest!
And good luck everyone!

BeerMe wrote:

It worked fine for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sandcastle
Italy
Torino
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not working
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johannes B.
Germany
Bremen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Think I'm going to love this expansion!

Unfortunately the Crokinoleboard is U.S.-only :(
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Everything between now and the next game is just killing time
England
London
Agitation
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope, not going to do this one. I wish nothing to do with Mayday games, not even for free.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josephus
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Matchstickman wrote:
Nope, not going to do this one. I wish nothing to do with Mayday games, not even for free.

+1
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
ASL ... yes, this is my Desert Island Game. If I have to give up all my 3000+ games and only allowed to keep one, this would be it. This bloody game stood the test of time. Around for more than 25 years - simply the best.
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
mbmbmbmbmb
5 out of 6
Looks like I missed one soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Clague
New Zealand
Hamilton
Waikato
flag msg tools
I can see my house from here!
mbmbmbmbmb
Good luck to all. Is this the one I am going to win? zombie zombie zombie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alec Clair
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks for the contest.

Threateneded by Q5 but I finally escaped unscathed

zombiezombiezombiezombiezombiezombie/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate T.
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
urrrrurrrr zombiezombierobot
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Rethorn
United States
Perrysburg
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That BGG is running a contest sponsored by Mayday Games reflects poorly on the administration and its policies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Brillantes
United States
Livermore
California
flag msg tools
This space left intentionally blank.
badge
One last tour here on the Death Star and I can retire. What was that noise?!
mbmbmbmbmb

5 4 6. Missed one apparently. shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Mulders
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
W00t first time 6/6-er for me!! and it went real fast as well . CHeers and gl everybody!?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Sweazey
United States
Powder Springs
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As much as I like the game, I hope somebody along the production line proofreads the cards/rules this time!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.