Subject: Dungeon 48 "The Beckoning Deep" rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sam Welbaum
United States
Garden Grove
California
flag msg tools
So, this dungeon says that at the end of each turn the OL rolls a power die...if its an enhancement, then the heroes can only trace line of sight 5 squares out until the start of the OL's next turn. My question is...if this talking about fighting only? Or since it goes to the start of my turn as OL, so it mean for spawning as well?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corbon Loughnan
Indonesia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sleepwalker42 wrote:
So, this dungeon says that at the end of each turn the OL rolls a power die...if its an enhancement, then the heroes can only trace line of sight 5 squares out until the start of the OL's next turn. My question is...if this talking about fighting only? Or since it goes to the start of my turn as OL, so it mean for spawning as well?

Does it say 'for fighting only'?

However, since it says 'until' the start of the OL's turn, it will never affect spawning. It starts at the end of the OL's turn and ends at the beginning of the 'start of the OL's turn'.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Welbaum
United States
Garden Grove
California
flag msg tools
corbon wrote:
Sleepwalker42 wrote:

Does it say 'for fighting only'?

However, since it says 'until' the start of the OL's turn, it will never affect spawning. It starts at the end of the OL's turn and ends at the beginning of the 'start of the OL's turn'.

See, that's what confused me, because figures can block LoS for attacks, but not spawning, and I believe pits block LoS for attacks but not spawning (unless I'm wrong on that, if so let me know because that will change my OL strategy a bit)

However, what was throwing me is the "at the start of the OL's next turn" bit, because cards like Dark Charm and spawns can be played in any order prior to activating a monster and that all counts as "at the start of the OL's turn"...so I didn't know if this "start" was working under the same assumption (i.e. until I activate a monster), or if it meant when I draw my cards and threat.

But, your reading is what I initially thought, and will probably get less complaints from the heroes

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corbon Loughnan
Indonesia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If it did something 'at' or 'during' the 'start of the OL's turn then you could arguably choose to fulfill that thing at any time before you entered step 3 activate monsters.
But because it says 'until' the start of the OL's turn, it ends the moment before you do anything that is from 'start of OL's turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Welbaum
United States
Garden Grove
California
flag msg tools
corbon wrote:
If it did something 'at' or 'during' the 'start of the OL's turn then you could arguably choose to fulfill that thing at any time before you entered step 3 activate monsters.
But because it says 'until' the start of the OL's turn, it ends the moment before you do anything that is from 'start of OL's turn.

Awesome, thanks man. Once again, you will work as our official ruling

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.