J.L. Robert
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
Follow me if you want to play wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
Please list any recent wargames (stand-alone games or scenarios) you have COMPLETED since your post in the previous thread. And please continue to add more wargames as you complete them.

Boardgames and baseball. A winning combination!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cpl. Fields
South Africa
Hopelessly Surrounded
Isandlwana, Zululand
flag msg tools
mb
Finally killed off Custer in Battle of the Little Bighorn, so I'll be posting the second half of my session report shortly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Szarka
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
When it is your turn to send a VASSAL move, the wait is excruciating. When it's my turn, well, I've been busy.
mbmbmbmbmb
Won a game of No Retreat! as German by auto-victory on turn 6. The Russian lost a couple of precious VPs due to Stalin interference (make 3 attacks or lose a VP, which he was in no position to do) plus I managed to take Leningrad due to having Siege guns, which was cancelled by a Soviet card, but I was also holding "inexperienced Soviet officers" which allowed me to cancel the card that cancelled my card. That was a lucky one-two punch that game me Leningrad and Finland for another two VPs.

Enjoyed this and another play so much I just bought the GMT deluxe version.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Proudly annoying Capitalists since 1959
Cuba
Santa Clara
flag msg tools
Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned, Nor hell a fury like a woman scorned
mbmbmbmbmb
Finished my first game of Rommel in the Desert.

Just playing solo to figure out the rules, so I decided to play the 1940 scenario.

Fun game, but it ain't fun to look up rules through out the rule book, and more and more questions arose while playing.

But, I will play it again.

Cheers, Haring
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
preston smith
United States
Russellville
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmb
Pacific War...played the short Strat-campaign.....Draw:):(
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Barree
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
General Bonkers says the War on String may be unwinnable. Detractors worry that his statements will embolden string.
mbmbmbmbmb
Just finished Washington's War. Next up is Twilight Struggle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey D Myers
United States
Los Ranchos
New Mexico
flag msg tools
"Always rely upon a happy mind alone." Geshe Chekhawa.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Had a blast with the _Clearing Kakazu_ scenario from ASL Journal #2. Yanks won, aided by the rain turning to heavy, good artillery availability, and good flamethrower stamina.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Aceto
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Scenario 13 (Skalitz: Luncheon of Doom) from APL's Battles of 1866: Frontier Battles

The Austrians ended up thoroughly thrashing the Prussians, particulalry through their use of artillery. This is a hypothetical scenario that gives the Austrians a better army leader (Ramming vs Archduke Leopold) and more troops than they had historically at the battle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
temporarily Arlington VA
flag msg tools
All the little chicks with crimson lips, go...
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
Started and finished the smallest possible scenario from Axis Empires: Totaler Krieg!...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Boyes
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Last wargame I played was a Conflict of Heroes scenario, good times!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Finished a four-player campaign of Axis & Allies 1940 Global. Our Axis player did not fare too well, finishing the game in possession of only four victory cities at the end of 1945 (i.e. end of Turn 11): Paris, Rome, Tokyo, and Shanghai.

It was a lot of fun, and we are going to start our next campaign later this month.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Conway
United States
Boonville
Indiana
flag msg tools
For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes... Romans 1:16
mbmbmbmbmb
My son and I knocked out a game of Storm Over Stalingrad. My Germans received an amazing hand of cards on the last turn (couple of Overruns, combined with Pioneers to negate terrain defenses) which sealed the fate of the city in my favor.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucius Cornelius
United States
Vindolanda
Britannia
flag msg tools
I got a fever, and the only prescription, is more cowbell!
mbmbmbmbmb
Roma Invicta?, one of the mini-games that are included in Dr. Sabin's Simulating War.
Even though it is a very small game, there are enough tough choices for both sides for repeated play.
An excellent game if you want to experience the historical predicaments for both sides.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Durango
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Played three quickie games of The Hunt for Red October while getting ready to play Flat Top
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Saunders
United Kingdom
Blackpool
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FAB: Sicily

Played this against

Steve Bishop
United Kingdom
Lytham St. Annes
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

as the allies and got trounced

We are now vassaling

FAB: The Bulge
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Jewett
United States
Ypsilanti
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I took part in a 1200 pt. Axis & Allies Minis battle a few weeks ago. I followed that with a few Med Theater Memoir '44 scenarios.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larz Welo
Indonesia
Kalimantan
flag msg tools
I love People!
badge
I love Wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
I had a final chance to play some games with Agung the night before I left Indonesia for the rest of the year.

We played FAB: The Bulge. I took the Germans and managed to win some key battles and then surround and envelope his never quite complete line. I won at the first sudden death possibility. He'd asked me to play competitively and so I did.

After thrashing him badly, we decided to give the Agincourt scenario from Men of Iron a go. I took the French. I boldly charged to my death and achieve just about nothing...it was terrible.

I'm looking forward to all the games I'll get to play this year, but also to seeing Agung again next year and keep up the gaming.

I also won a PBEM game of Paths of Glory as the Central Powers. My opponent surrendered as his Italians had been crushed and I had just enveloped a large number of his Russian Armies. I had waited till turn 11 to really unleash though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Henshaw
United States
East Bridgewater
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Finally got Band of Brothers: Screaming Eagles to the table for some face to face play at SNEW (Southern New England Wargamers).
My opponent Matthew and I played scenario 2, had so much fun, we dove right into scenario 3. By the time we finished, I think we had a pretty good grasp of the game and mechanic. Now it will take time to hone my small tactics skills as doing stupid things ends up with a large pile of dead units.
As a note, charging unsuppressed machine guns across an open area = suicide!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel K
United States
St Louis Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My PBEM game of A Most Dangerous Time wrapped up--I conceded after Oda Nobunaga snuffed it and two large enemy formations were descending on Kyo to apply the finishing touches.

A long-running PBEM game of Here I Stand finished yesterday with France coming out on top after 7 turns. My Onion Hats finished in next-to-last place on a measly 20 VP after I suffered the indignity of the Pope seizing Athens after I was out of cards on the final turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Henning
United States
Nutley
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wellington- A four player game. Two of us hadn't played before, the other two it had been a while ago since they played, so we had a lot of referring back to the rule book and I am sure there were rules we messed up. I would play again, hopefully soon before I forget the rules.

Sekigahara: The Unification of Japan- I really like this one even though I find it a real up hill battle for Ishida.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
United States
Johns Creek
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Resurrected and played several scenarios of Sixth Fleet, a quick session of Anzio Beachhead, and the Waterloo scenario of War and Peace.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Beaton
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
I have a cunning plan
mbmbmbmbmb
I finished off a pair of ASL scenarios over the weekend.
The first was FrF12 - The Fields of Black Gold from Friendly Fire. It was a serious blast - I was able to capture the big hill ok, but it took too long too hammer flat the commissar on the back slope, which meant that although I could dump a ton of fire on the smaller hill from above, I didn't get enough firepower to clear it and I failed to resolve the last 2 close combats there to finish the game. It was a loss, but a close one and hella fun. Friendly Fire really do make the best third party scenarios.
The second was Hell for the Holidays from the new Winter Offensive pack. This one I won, mostly because the Germans didn't have enough infantry to capture buildings and keep the surviving Americans from sneaking around back and recapturing the buildings as the Germans move forward. Good fun, but not a classic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ian morris
United Kingdom
lichfield
staffordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Got to play 2 de Mayo for the first time last night, quite an enjoyable little game - not that I had any idea what I was doing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Played three games of Wiz-War (eighth edition) last night. managed to win all three, but only because the other two players had never played before.

Note that this game has "War" as part of its title, and there are Line of Sight rules so it is applicable.

Besides, we will probably start WiF Final Edition in two weeks and will not likely finish in time for this thread.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
temporarily Arlington VA
flag msg tools
All the little chicks with crimson lips, go...
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
martimer wrote:
Besides, we will probably start WiF Final Edition in two weeks and will not likely finish in time for this thread.

Master of understatement!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.