www.pandasaurusgames.com
badge
www.pandasaurusgames.com
mbmbmbmb
Tammany Hall coming from Pandasaurus Games

"The way to have Power, is to take it" - William "Boss" Tweed

http://pandasaurusgames.com/project/tammany-hall/

Update: May 1st is the big day.

Tammany Hall is a game of backstabbing, corruption, temporary alliances and taking power at all costs. If you want to rule New York, you are going to need to play the cities growing immigrant populations against one another. Help the immigrant groups who owe you political favors, call in those favors to slander your rivals and win election.

In Tammany Hall, players help immigrants settle in New York, collect political favors from those immigrant groups, send ward bosses into Manhattan to secure votes and slander political opponents. An election is held at the end of every fourth year, and the player who uses his power base best will be elected mayor. The Mayors grip on the city is tenuous at best. After every election, the Mayor must pay off his political rivals by placing them in offices that they can wield to try and take control of the city. Every player is your friend, every player is your enemy.

Tammany Hall was the political machine that dominated New York City politics by organizing the cities immigrant populations. While the organization’s influence spanned from its founding in the 1790’s to its collapse in the 1960’s this game is set during the height of Tammany’s power roughly between 1850 and 1870, the era of Boss Tweed. The game board is based on a map of Lower Manhattan in New York. The actual physical location of Tammany Hall moved several times through its history and one more time for the sake of our game.

Tammany Hall has been called a “Holy Grail” game by many gamers due to its great reputation and extremely limited availability. The game was designed by Doug Eckhart and developed by the talented team at Stratamax Games, with artwork by the exceedingly talented Peter Dennis of Treefrog Games fame. 500 copies of the game have ever been produced, and only a handful of those ever made it to the United States. If you’ve played Tammany Hall you either own it, or are desperate to find a copy. Just look at the insane prices second hand copies are going for online.

Now you can own this masterpiece of gaming without having to spend North of 150 dollars. The game is coming to Kickstarter in the next few weeks, and it’s going to have a few goodies that have never been available before, and will never be available again once the kickstarter ends. We’ll be sharing more information about these items in the next few weeks, but don’t fear. ‘If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it’ is a creed around here, and this game certainly ain’t broke. The kickstarter bonuses are going to be limited to component upgrades for the existing great game.

To stay up to date on news surrounding the games release, be sure and sign up for Pandasaurus’ Games newsletter. You will be the first to find out about the kickstarter date, kickstarter bonuses and more. You can sign up for the newsletter here: http://pandasaurusgames.com/contact-us-2/

Tammany Hall. Take Power. Rule New York.

Reviews and Press:

Tammany Hall Review by the Dice Tower
“I loved it so much [...] I bought it right from the designer”
“worthy of the biggest companies out there.”

Tammany Hall Review by Board Game Blogger
“A really great game”
“Really fun, this game just oozes theme”

Board Game Gang Review of Tammany Hall
“Tammany Hall would certainly be on my list of top games of the year”
Opinionated Gamers Review of Tammany Hall
Best of 2010 list

Mathew Sforcina’s Review on 411 Mania
“If you read my Origins recap, you know already that this was my favorite game. I played it every day”

Links:
http://pandasaurusgames.com/project/tammany-hall/

Tammany Hall on BGG

Rulebook:
http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/52186/tammany-hall-english...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Baird
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Fantastic game that deserves to be back in print.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin G
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
Don't fall in love with me yet, we only recently met
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome news! I'm one of the lucky few with a copy and I know several friends are desperate to have one.

Ooh, and you quoted me on the webpage too
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam O'Brien
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Even Cleverer Overtext
badge
The Hellfish Bonanza!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
The extra "goodies" will be available separately for owners of the Stratamax edition I hope?

Glad this game is getting a second chance, congrats to Mr. Eckhart.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brenden Johnson
United States
Lakeville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is awesome news.
And it's April 2nd today, so this isn't a joke, right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pandasaurus Games
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
publisher
www.pandasaurusgames.com
badge
www.pandasaurusgames.com
mbmbmbmb
No, this is not a belated April fools joke (unless Doug is playing it on me ).

And yes, there will be a way to get any extra goodies for people who own the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance
United States
Moorhead
Minnesota
flag msg tools
The coolest best thing I have ever done in my life is being a father
badge
The Dread Pirate Caleb!! (age 2)
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh thank heavens!

The one game I was upset with myself for not purchasing back in the day!

Thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zack Stackurski
United States
Mankato
Minnesota
flag msg tools
I love almost all games, play Boardgames with my wife, have three kids, generally enjoy cats and understand and like those bumper stickers with the little fishies sprouting legs.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great news!!! So much for my decision that my gaming budget can't handle any more kickstarting this year... laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Moller
United States
Wyoming
DE
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you! Thanks for seeing the potential in this game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rik Van Horn
United States
Livonia
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure I played this with Larry Levy at last year's EuroQuest.

I've been looking everywhere to get it since then.
Great news, put me down for a copy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Mayer
United States
Perry
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Outstanding! I am so happy you were able to pick this title up and make it available for us.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Lacson
United States
Alamogordo
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A bit bittersweet for me, since I was one of the ones who spent $100+ on the game. I have no regrets buying it. In fact, I still consider it a steal. However, It was nice being "one of the lucky few" to own the game.

But, it's a great thing to have the game into more players hands.

Congrats to Stratamax, Pandasaurus and everyone that finally has a chance to play this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Ferrer
United States
Pittsford
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats on the pick up. More people need to play this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Mesich
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Good heavens, Miss Sakamoto!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope it comes with cardboard chits so that I can maintain my elite status.

*cough*

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Wood
United States
Wheaton
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope it retains as much artwork from the 2nd ed. as possible. If it does, it will be an instant support. Can't wait!!!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Mesich
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Good heavens, Miss Sakamoto!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, who am I kidding.

I'll be supporting it even though I have the Stratamax copy just out of principle that good design (and bitter bitter backstabby treachery) should be rewarded.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Westland
Michigan
flag msg tools
See my profile to find out what technology has already been fed and added to K-9.
badge
Hard drive is spinning up... WEEEEEEEEEE!
mb
I have never bought a game purely for theme before, but if I ever did, this would be the one.

The only bummer is I seem to have a hard time in getting that third player needed most of the time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Lacson
United States
Alamogordo
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ejtracer wrote:
I have never bought a game purely for theme before, but if I ever did, this would be the one.

The only bummer is I seem to have a hard time in getting that third player needed most of the time.
If you're ever in Hawaii, I'll play!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Dilloo
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
What? You make with the funny stuff?
badge
I don't feel tardy.
mbmbmbmbmb
Fantastic. Congrats Doug and Stratamax. I would also like to see goodies available for those of us with a second edition. I will be forwarding this link to some friends.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Leach
United Kingdom
Godalming
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
I remember Doug telling me his game would be a hit and that I should grab it quick before he sold out of his few copies back at Essen '07 I think (maybe it was '08). For some reason the rest of my list of games to buy left me with nothing to spend on this back then. Now it looks like it should get some awesome Kickstarter action and hopefully I'll find the time and money to help back it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Wood
United States
Wheaton
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Please do a kickstarter right now!!! I must spend my money on this!!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Dave
United States
La Jolla
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This news pleases me greatly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Barree
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
General Bonkers says the War on String may be unwinnable. Detractors worry that his statements will embolden string.
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess I'm one of the lucky few here in the states that own a copy of this game. I didn't realize until I read this post that the game was a rarity. It is a very good game with a lot of screwage and my group likes it very much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
doug eckhart
United States
INDIANAPOLIS
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Jugular wrote:
I remember Doug telling me his game would be a hit and that I should grab it quick before he sold out of his few copies back at Essen '07 I think (maybe it was '08). For some reason the rest of my list of games to buy left me with nothing to spend on this back then. Now it looks like it should get some awesome Kickstarter action and hopefully I'll find the time and money to help back it.

Probably Max, I've not made it over to Essen yet
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Arcangeli
England
Manchester
Greater Manchester
flag msg tools
mbmb

Great news!

This game is so much fun, easy to play but with so many decisions to make.

Plus you can do your worst Daniel Day Lewis/Bill the Butcher impressions while playing it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.