Popular Tags: [View All]
Mr. D
United States
Oneonta
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quest card "Hasty Council" reads:

"Reveal the top 2 cards of the quest deck. Choose 1 to become the active quest and put the other on the bottom of the quest deck."

If both quest cards have a "When Revealed:" ability on them, do I have to do them both??

Previously, I have not...but on re-reading, it seems you are supposed to.

What say you??

-TR

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G. G.
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have no official confirmation on this, but my guess is you only resolve effects on cards that are "in play". Since you are only choosing which will become the active quest, I reckon none of them are "in play" until you choose one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Brennan
Australia
St Ives, Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be calling it that the "When Revealed" only occurs when the quest becomes the active quest, as there can be only one active quest. As you're only choosing one of them to become the active quest, only that one will then activate their "When Revealed" (per the "Reveal" trigger on Hasty Council). Which is probably also the common sense answer as to how it should play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I e-mailed FFG about 2 months ago for an official answer on this.

If I ever here back from them I'll let you know (given the amount of time already passed I'm not holding my breath for a response however!)

In the meantime I am interpreting the play of this card the same as the above responses.

Peter

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Tempel
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The wording on that card is atrocious. Instead of saying "Reveal...", they could have said "Look at..." because 'reveal' has a very specific meaning in this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Morris
Scotland
Harrogate
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
designer
Join the BGG Folding @Home Team !!
badge
This user had more :gg: than sense
mbmbmbmbmb
dougtempel wrote:
The wording on that card is atrocious. Instead of saying "Reveal...", they could have said "Look at..." because 'reveal' has a very specific meaning in this game.
This.

The vacancy for an editor (that FFG still do not seem to realise they need) is still open.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jurgen Koller
Australia
Cherrybrook
NSW
flag msg tools
Great Underground Empire
badge
Explorer
mbmbmbmbmb
wookie78 wrote:
I e-mailed FFG about 2 months ago for an official answer on this.

If I ever here back from them I'll let you know (given the amount of time already passed I'm not holding my breath for a response however!)

In the meantime I am interpreting the play of this card the same as the above responses.

Peter

Did you ever get an answer to this? I assume not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.