Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

Eaten by Zombies!» Forums » General

Subject: Has anyone ordered the promo or zombie die from Mayday games website? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bill Hartman
United States
Bishopville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello, I just wanted to find out the experience of ordering the "We have the bomb" promo and the 6 sided zombie die from the Mayday games website. Primarily, I want to know if anyone has ordered these two SPECIFIC items from the official website, and whether or not they shipped appropriately (bubble wrapped sturdy envelope or box at the least, not some cheap standard envelope that will ensure the cards are at least ruined).

I also didn't go far enough on the website to notice or see anything about shipping fees within the USA. I'm also curious as to the shipping fees for something like the promo and die within the USA, as for that low of weight shipping should be nominal (less than a dollar unless it's express/priority mail).

I picked up a copy of Eaten By Zombies from a comic/game shop while I was visiting friends over the weekend, and wanted to get this card (Also saw the new kickstarter, and thought to back it so as to get an advance copy of the expansion), but after seeing some of the highly negative experiences involving shipping, delays, etc. I am hesitant to do so.

I've had to utilize my bank a few times in order to dispute charges and file complaints against companies that I ordered from on the internet, so I'm not completely averse to giving this one a go, especially since my bank will refund me and take the fight to the company themselves. But to be honest, if I know up front to expect a problem, I'm probably not going to waste my time or my bank's.

Any experiences, positive and/or negative are appreciated, relating to this game and these specific parts only, please. I know of the card sleeve and other game issues, please do not derail this request for info with unrelated product issues. Thanks in advance!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Baldassar
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"We have the bomb" you can find in the Geek Store - The die, I haven't seen, although the new kickstarter for the 2 player game shows a streatch goal where you'll get a die.

I have had 1 issue with Mayday they did their best to resolve and I always give a second chance. I've done several orders from then with no other problems. They've also been good at responding. But that's just me.

I will continue to do business with them
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike S.
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cards and dice reached me in perfect condition as they were nicely bubble wrapped. Shipping was higher for me but acceptable. I must have paid about 6 or 7 euros in total for 1 pack of cards and 2 dice including shipping to the Netherlands.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Norris
United States
Dublin
Ohio
flag msg tools
There is a road, no simple highway, between the dawn and the dark of night, and if you go no one may follow, that path is for your steps alone. Ripple in still water, when there is no pebble tossed, nor wind to blow.
badge
To seek the sacred river Alph, to walk the caves of ice, to break my fast on honey dew and drink the milk of paradise... I had heard the whispered tales of immortality, the deepest mystery, from an ancient book I took a clue.
mbmbmbmbmb
I ordered the "We Have the Bomb" directly from Mayday games and I received the cards about 4 business days after purchase. Shipping cost was about $6.40 for priority mail to Ohio plus the cost of the cards $4.95.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Sweazey
United States
Powder Springs
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My experience was about the same as Joe's. The cards arrived in fine condition (except for all the typos on the cards). I haven't ordered the dice. However, I did just do the Kickstarter thing for the new expansion and supposedly proof-read editions of the original game and promos.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robbie M.
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pone4games wrote:
I ordered the "We Have the Bomb" directly from Mayday games and I received the cards about 4 business days after purchase. Shipping cost was about $6.40 for priority mail to Ohio plus the cost of the cards $4.95.

Same here. It's been a while but I remember paying about $13 including shipping. The cards arrived shrink wrapped inside a bubble mailer envelope and were undamaged. I don't remember how long it took but they arrived in less than 7 days. This was cards only, no die.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Hartman
United States
Bishopville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for all of the replies. I'm a bit on the fence regarding the shipping, priority mail in the USA isn't that expensive. I've sent framed pictures (5x7) to my dad for around that price (I think I paid like 3-4 bucks, so it was actually less), I can't imagine a die and what, 2 cards or so, would cost that much... I see that everywhere, though. I don't know if the insurance raises it that much, but it's almost more for shipping than it is for the cards and dice themselves, or at least equal...

But, the game seems cool and all. I might just do the kickstarter thing and take my chances, and hope to get the promos and die that way. Decisions, Decisions...

EDIT: Looks like you have to pledge about 32 to get the original promos, plus re-issues of the original cards. Having just bought this and opened it, I'm not sure if I want another copy of the original, so guess I will have to order the original promo from BGG or Mayday's site (Might as well give Mayday a try and get the die too at the same time). I actually haven't noticed anything different from the rulebook I have, and the one for download here (latest), although I haven't combed through it to any great lengths yet (but have read over it).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
msweazey wrote:
My experience was about the same as Joe's. The cards arrived in fine condition (except for all the typos on the cards). I haven't ordered the dice. However, I did just do the Kickstarter thing for the new expansion and supposedly proof-read editions of the original game and promos.

Are you sure the promos have been fixed? I am not sure this is the case. I purchased the newest printing of the base game through the kickstarter for Lemonade Stand and I also picked up the promos. The base game errata was fixed, but the promos as I understand may not get another printing and the typos shall remain forever...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Sweazey
United States
Powder Springs
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Strickhouser wrote:
msweazey wrote:

Are you sure the promos have been fixed? I am not sure this is the case. I purchased the newest printing of the base game through the kickstarter for Lemonade Stand and I also picked up the promos. The base game errata was fixed, but the promos as I understand may not get another printing and the typos shall remain forever...

That might be the case. One would think that, if they were going to continue to distribute the cards, they would invest the relatively small amount to reprint them. As fun as the game is, new players always have to get past the initial response that the game is amateurish and cheap when they are introduced to it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tim thorson
United States
Chaska
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I ordered they promos only from mayday and they were received in perfect condition

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.