mbmbmbmbmb
MINNEAPOLIS BOARD GAME MANIA 38

Friday April 13 starting at 1PM until 11PM
Saturday April 14 starting at 8AM until 11PM
Sunday April 15 starting at 8AM until 11PM

++++ SUNDAY IS FULL ++++
++++ SATURDAY IS FULL ++++

$5 EVENT FEE IS COLLECTED AT THE DOOR.

ALL PARTICIPANTS MUST REGISTER IN ADVANCE USING ONE OF THE TWO METHODS DESCRIBED BELOW IN ORDER TO PREVENT OVERBOOKING.

You may register at the link below.
WWW.MBGMEVENTS.COM

OR

You may register via geekmail to username BINGE GAMER and you must receive confirmation back.

This event is being held in the meeting room at the Homewood Suites Hotel in Bloomington Minnesota. The hotel is located south across the street from the Mall of America.

The hotel address is below.

Homewood Suites Hotel
2261 Killebrew Drive
Minneapolis, MN 55425
(952) 854-0900

The hotel does allow for attendees to bring in food and beverages. There are also several places that will deliver food and there is a Chevy's restaurant attached to the hotel.

If you are interested in a guest room at the hotel, please send me a geekmail message and I will reply with information.

This event uses an open gaming format.
To see a list of games played at the previous event, follow this link.
MBGM37 results link

This event is open to anyone of any age who appreciates and participates in playing boardgames.

Use this forum to post questions regarding this event or to organize games in advance if you feel it necessary to do so.

I will modify this notice when the event is full.

To be notified of future events, please subscribe to the thread at the link below.
MBGM subscription thread link

SEE YOU THERE !!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gagner
United States
Maple Grove
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I've had my eye on Viktory II for quite a while. I finally broke down and purchased a copy. I would like to get a play or two of it in at the madness.

Who is interested? It can support between 2 and 8 players. I think 5-6 would be good for a first play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Walden
United States
Minneapolis
MN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all!

I'm curious if anyone would be interested in participating in a no-ship math trade for Minneapolis Board Game Mania 39 (I won't be able to have it ready in time for 38).

I'm looking into setting one up, but before I go to the trouble to figure it all out, I'd like to see if there's any interest. What do you think? Would any of you be interested in participating?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Rodriguez
United States
Long Prairie
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think I can make 39, but would like to coordinate some trades for Sat. of this session.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
While sleeping, watch!
United States
Unspecified
Minnesota
flag msg tools
The production of Hoffman lenses is incumbent upon all true scientists
badge
The tallest mountains, the darkest forests, the deepest deserts, the oldest books, there you will find the stone.
mbmbmbmbmb
JesterPoet - Do It, it will be great. Someone will start up a trade/sale thing for this one. Ask James Ludlow for some advice, you can likely copy his method, which seemed to work well last time (someone copied his method from the previous run).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
While sleeping, watch!
United States
Unspecified
Minnesota
flag msg tools
The production of Hoffman lenses is incumbent upon all true scientists
badge
The tallest mountains, the darkest forests, the deepest deserts, the oldest books, there you will find the stone.
mbmbmbmbmb
Set up a list Henry, I'm all for it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Walden
United States
Minneapolis
MN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool. I'll keep my eyes open for trade stuff for 38 so I can participate, and should be able to have a math trade up and running for 39.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick L
United States
Eagan
MN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is anyone up for a 5 player base Battlestar Galactica game on Sunday at noon?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonatan Mitchell
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AladdinSane wrote:
Is anyone up for a 5 player base Battlestar Galactica game on Sunday at noon?

Nick -- you know I'm there! I'm planning on bringing a friend, but he's not for sure coming yet. Don't hold a spot for him or anything -- but when he finally commits, if there's a spot open, he might be interested too.

Definitely looking forward to this!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonatan Mitchell
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are two games out there that I've been wanting to play, but I've heard they're both awful to teach. I'm wondering if anyone out there would actually be willing to teach and play either of these rule heavy games at some point this weekend?

I'd love to learn Twilight Struggle. I've played both Campaign Manager 2008 and 1960: The Making of the President. This seems like the next logical step.

I've also heard a lot of really great things about Eclipse. I've mostly been exposed only to gateway games, but I figure if someone's willing to teach it, I could do some preliminary video-watching/rules reading to speed up the process.

--

I'm bringing my fiancee for part of Saturday, and I think I'm in a BSG game at noon on Sunday. So any time other than that would work for me if we want to set up a game.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Fulford
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jonatan - I'd be willing to play/teach either or both of Twilight Struggle and Eclipse. Maybe Fri evening would work well for Twilight Struggle?

Eclipse would be best with at least 2 other players, so hopefully there would be more people interested. The rules are actually fairly straightforward, and the icons used in the design are very helpful in keeping everything straight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Fulford
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm also interested in putting together a game of Warrior Knights w/Expansion. It looks like sometime later on Sat or anytime on Sun would work best for me. Let me know if you're interested.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonatan Mitchell
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mmmtofu wrote:
Jonatan - I'd be willing to play/teach either or both of Twilight Struggle and Eclipse. Maybe Fri evening would work well for Twilight Struggle?

Eclipse would be best with at least 2 other players, so hopefully there would be more people interested. The rules are actually fairly straightforward, and the icons used in the design are very helpful in keeping everything straight.

Wow, I honestly wasn't expecting anyone to be willing to do this. Damn this boardgaming community is awesome.

Friday evening works great for Twilight Struggle. I'll be there all day/night. Whenever others would be available for Eclipse, I'd be game. It might even be something I could convince my fiancee to play if no one else was interested. Thank you!

Do you want to set up a time for Twilight Struggle, or just play it by ear? This will be only my second MBGM, so I'm not sure what the norm is.

Thanks again!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick L
United States
Eagan
MN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HeroOfOne wrote:
mmmtofu wrote:

Wow, I honestly wasn't expecting anyone to be willing to do this. Damn this boardgaming community is awesome.

Friday evening works great for Twilight Struggle. I'll be there all day/night. Whenever others would be available for Eclipse, I'd be game. It might even be something I could convince my fiancee to play if no one else was interested. Thank you!

Do you want to set up a time for Twilight Struggle, or just play it by ear? This will be only my second MBGM, so I'm not sure what the norm is.

Thanks again!

I own Twilight Struggle, but have not played it yet, so I would love to sit in on the instruction, if possible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Kline
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AladdinSane wrote:
HeroOfOne wrote:
mmmtofu wrote:

Thanks again!

I own Twilight Struggle, but have not played it yet, so I would love to sit in on the instruction, if possible.

I just picked up a copy myself - I've played twice before, but it has been a while. Maybe we could have a mini tournament Friday night.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Grey
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mmmtofu wrote:

I wish I could join in, but I'm not going to be able to make it this month. Maybe next time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Koenig
United States
Eden Prairie
Minnesota
flag msg tools
"Games that want to get out."
mbmbmbmbmb
++++ SATURDAY IS FULL ++++

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Enoch
United States
Vadnais Heights
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well...so much for this month. Have fun, everyone!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darin Rebertus
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone own outpost and would be willing to teach me how to play? I will be there saturday and sunday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristi Lawless
United States
Rosemount
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Ask not for whom the dog barks. It barks for thee.
mbmbmbmbmb
JohnnytheSkin wrote:
Well...so much for this month. Have fun, everyone!

If you are on the meetup site isn't there a waiting list? Spots often open up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristi Lawless
United States
Rosemount
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jmanders85 wrote:
Hello hello! I will be at the Mania on Friday from 1pm til question mark.

My gaming objectives:

Liberté -- owned it for a while, sounds great, I know the rules fairly well, would love to try it.

Cosmic Encounter -- I have all the expansions so up to 8 is possible... I am willing to teach. It's great, silly fun.

Core Worlds -- I pretty much know how to play but haven't.

Anyone interested?

I really want to try Liberte but I would need to be taught.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Kline
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lilacdog wrote:
jmanders85 wrote:
Hello hello! I will be at the Mania on Friday from 1pm til question mark.

My gaming objectives:

Liberté -- owned it for a while, sounds great, I know the rules fairly well, would love to try it.

Cosmic Encounter -- I have all the expansions so up to 8 is possible... I am willing to teach. It's great, silly fun.

Core Worlds -- I pretty much know how to play but haven't.

Anyone interested?

I really want to try Liberte but I would need to be taught.

I'd like to learn Liberte also. I'm busy later on Friday, but starting around 1:00 or 2:00 would be good - Kristi, can you make it that early? How many people would we want?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristi Lawless
United States
Rosemount
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was going to try to get off work at noon and head over then. But, if things get crazy-busy, I'll have to stay longer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Koenig
United States
Eden Prairie
Minnesota
flag msg tools
"Games that want to get out."
mbmbmbmbmb
I have Small World Underground and would like to trade it for Small World. Anyone interested? If yes, please submit a trade offer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Larson
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If any gamer owns Airlines Europe and was looking for a copy of the Expansion:

Airlines Europe: Flight Ban

I have an extra one for $5.
First one to PM me gets it.

Current Status: For Sale

Later,
Adrian Larson

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.