Subject: Expansion availability at FLGS rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Conley
United States
Enon
Ohio
flag msg tools
Life is too short not to live it up a little!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, All! FINALLY picked up a copy of 3rd ed. Alien Frontiers and it looks great!

Will all upcoming expansions be available through my local store where I got the game? Just wanting to confirm this as I'll gladly order direct from the company website. Would rather support the FLGS if possible, though.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Berger
United States
Volo
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you'd have to ask your game store. I'm pretty sure that the expansions will definitely available to any store that deals with Game Salute. Like you - I prefer to support the local game store as long as prices are within about 10 or 20% (because I like having a place to game and I like when they are happy to see me and not giving me the stink eye because I take up space without buying anything ). But I got in on the expansion kickstarter for Alien Frontiers.

I believe (and hope) that the "upgrade pack" which went to kickstarters will be available in some form, though you might have to order that one since it seems unlikely to be carried in a local store.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J J
Australia
flag msg tools
yosemite wrote:
Hi, All! FINALLY picked up a copy of 3rd ed. Alien Frontiers and it looks great!

Will all upcoming expansions be available through my local store where I got the game? Just wanting to confirm this as I'll gladly order direct from the company website. Would rather support the FLGS if possible, though.

Thanks!

Unless your local shop is outside the US or buys from Game Salute, then the answer is a big fat no.

Exclusive distribution is bad. Clever Mojo thinks otherwise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mateenyweeny
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Raks Raks Raks
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't quote me on it, but if you were able to get the basegame there, I'm pretty sure that there's a good chance that you'll find the expansion there as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Conley
United States
Enon
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
slinkydink wrote:
Don't quote me on it, but if you were able to get the basegame there, I'm pretty sure that there's a good chance that you'll find the expansion there as well.

Sure hope this is true!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, any USA FLGS that buys stock through Game Salute will have access to all three expansion products...Factions, Faction Pack #1, and Upgrade Pack.

Same thing in Canada, except that Lion Rampant is the source.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Conley
United States
Enon
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for confirming that info.!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.