Popular Tags: [View All]
Doug Bass
United States
Winston-Salem
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

Garden Dice is a family strategy game that combines dice rolling, tile laying, and set collection. The game board depicts a garden as a 6x6 grid where seed and vegetable tiles are placed using dice rolls as coordinates. Players take turns using the dice to plant, water, and harvest five different types of vegetables with differing point values, from the lowly squash to the mighty eggplant.

The game's chaining mechanic allows players to water or harvest multiple tiles using a single action, enabling players to build upon each others' chains. Players can also use bird and rabbit tiles to eat other players' seed and veggie tiles, but not without paying a small penalty. Two other special tiles, the sundial and the scarecrow, allow players to modify dice rolls or protect their own tiles.

Bonuses increase the values of tiles as they are harvested, and additional points are awarded at the end of the game for collecting sets. The player with the most points when the last tile is taken wins.

The game can be played by 2 to 4 players, ages 10 and up; an average game takes 60-90 minutes.

Kickstarter Link: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dougbass/garden-dice

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CleverNameGoesHere
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
It is known? What exactly is known? And who knows it? I know nothing...
badge
"Oh, Sam. Have you seen Red Cliff yet?"
mbmbmbmbmb
I thoroughly enjoyed playing the prototype, so I've already made my pledge. It's a great game. Good luck with the campaign, Doug!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Clark
United States
Worthington
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks fun. My oldest is already interested.

I've got you on my radar!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Bass
United States
Winston-Salem
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
As promised, I've re-run the numbers and am pleased to offer lower shipping for Canadian and other international supporters.

Please see Update #2 for more information.

I've also posted a new backer level for four copies that has the lowest per copy shipping for international backers.

I hope these will be welcome changes for those of you overseas who'd like to back the game - I do want your support!

Thanks for your patience!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Bass
United States
Winston-Salem
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Garden Dice only has 24 hours left!

We are less than $600 away from the final stretch goal, which would create a card expansion deck that will offer new options and interactions.

Here's a sample card:

Please head over to http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dougbass/garden-dice now and pledge your support!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.