Subject: POLL #2! My 4th game vid :) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Ham
Malta
Marsalforn
Gozo, Malta
flag msg tools
CLICK THIS BEAGLE if you're looking for in-depth gameplay video run-throughs! :)
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi everybody. I've recently started doing game videos with a twist: I actually walk through samples of how the game plays, at length, commenting on the thought that goes into each move, so that viewers will have a strong notion of what the game actually feels like to play... what kind of choices you make, what kind of challenges you face, etc.

I've made and posted two so far:

Helvetia - http://www.boardgamegeek.com/video/15591/helvetia/helvetia-g...

Pret a Porter - http://www.boardgamegeek.com/video/15747/pret-a-porter/pret-...

and I'm uploading my third one right now (First Train to Nuremberg - I'll update this thread when it's available sometime tomorrow), and so it's time to think about my 4th video! Which is where you come in.

Poll
What one game would you most like to see me make a video for next?
Hawaii
Santa Cruz
Fortuna
Peloponnes
Vikings
Mykerinos
      49 answers
Poll created by rahdo

I already did this earlier to find out what vids people wanted to see (http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/784361/poll-my-next-game...), and figured I'd do so again, especially since I've just gotten some new games today!

So please let me know what you'd like to see (if you don't like any I've listed, check my collection and post a suggestion), and if you have any comments about the vids, please post on them as well, both pro or con. I'm really trying to make vids here that the community finds useful, I don't want to repeat what everyone else is doing, so I really value feedback, either cool or yuk

Thanks again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jflartner
United States
Wayne
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Probably in the minority here, but I greatly prefer shaky-cam to the trippy, warpy, image stabilized version.

BUT, I also greatly appreciate your videos so far and love the depth.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ham
Malta
Marsalforn
Gozo, Malta
flag msg tools
CLICK THIS BEAGLE if you're looking for in-depth gameplay video run-throughs! :)
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm, that's 2 votes pro shakey cam, and 1 vote pro trippy cam. I guess if I don't hear any more people talking about it one way or the other, I'll forgo the stabilization on the next vid, since 66% of respondents have been unified in their majority opinion
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin B. Smith
United States
Walnut Creek
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know if my vote already counted or not, but I lean in favor of the trippy stablized version. I didn't hate the shakes, but I slightly preferred the smooth.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ham
Malta
Marsalforn
Gozo, Malta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup, you're the lone "pro trippy" voter so far!

I should say, my wife prefers trippy too, but she's not actually watching them
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ham
Malta
Marsalforn
Gozo, Malta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Third video (First Train to Nuremberg) uploaded finally: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/video/15800/first-train-to-nure...

and it looks likely that the 4th video will be Hawaii, though Peloponnes could stage an upset, if some more votes come in...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
john guthrie
United States
silver spring
maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rahdo wrote:
Third video (First Train to Nuremberg) uploaded finally: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/video/15800/first-train-to-nure...

and it looks likely that the 4th video will be Hawaii, though Peloponnes could stage an upset, if some more votes come in...

in my perfect world, you'd do Hawaii and then Peloponnes... oh, and i'd be rich and handsome
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Although it's an older game, what about something like Hellas which doesn't have any video walkthroughs? Only one Hellas has is an unboxing video
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ham
Malta
Marsalforn
Gozo, Malta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually I included Hellas in my first poll, and it ranked pretty well. So yeah, I should get around to a vid for it eventually, depending on how many I do

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Gong
United States
Bayside
New York
flag msg tools
mb
Can we get vinhos on the next poll?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ham
Malta
Marsalforn
Gozo, Malta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be happy to do Vinhos, but I don't have a copy...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Brahan
United States
North Sutton
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Village would be outstanding!

Thanks for doing these-they are very nice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ham
Malta
Marsalforn
Gozo, Malta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would LOVE to do a Village one as I LOVE that game (in my top 10 of last year), but I don't have a copy of it either...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Brahan
United States
North Sutton
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ahh, darn. I assumed that you did as I've seen you comment on it and how much you like it. Oh well-I should have checked your collection.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dundy O
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
"Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought Navegador about a year ago and have never put it on the table yet. I was looking in my game closet last weekend and told myself to get it out soon.

I also have a game called Agricola which I have owned for about two years. I've read the instructions and tried a solo game twice, but it just wasn't clicking with me. my daughter is now 13 years old and I have been thinking of pulling it out again to force my way through it until it clicks. I really want to play the game!

Is there any chance you would be interested in doing a play-through of Agricola? It may help my dull mind meld instructions with game play...whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ham
Malta
Marsalforn
Gozo, Malta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Navegador already has a Drakkenstrike video, so I can't imagine anyone would want to watch something from me when his high quality stuff is available, but I can put it on the future list I suppose. It is a great game

Agricola already has a metric ton of videos for it, including Scott Nicholson's video that taught me how to play years ago. So I'm not sure I could add anything new there.

HOWEVER! I notice that Farmers of the Moor doesn't have a video at all, and that would be something cool and new! Okay, that's definitely going on the list! (and don't worry, I can do it in such a way that you can ignore the parts related to the expansion)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ham
Malta
Marsalforn
Gozo, Malta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I went crazy today and recorded 4 videos:

Hawaii
Peloponnes
Vikings
Fortuna

I would have done Santa Cruz since it got more votes, but I haven't learned how to play it yet!

They're uploading now, and as each is 2 to 3 gigs, they take around 8 or 10 hours to upload to Youtube. Which means I'll update my geeklist tomorrow with links to them and all the rest of it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dundy O
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
"Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You're not only good, you're ambtious.

you need a PayPal account...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ham
Malta
Marsalforn
Gozo, Malta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wister wrote:
you need a PayPal account...
Well my wife has one

Of course, I'd be lying if I didn't admit that I hope that the vids become popular, and that popularity translates into review copies of games. For instance, several people have asked me to do Village, and I'd LOVE to because I think it's great, but I don't have a copy. If Eggertspiele were to send me one, they'd get a great showcase for their product in return (with full disclosure, of course). Same for kickstarter/ulule/indiegogo campaigns (provided I liked the games, of course. I don't know that I'd want to do a vid for a game I didn't like).

But then, I don't get a fraction of the views that Dice Tower or Undead Viking or others get, so I reckon that's just a pipe dream.

Still, it's fun to do regardless. I'm just limited on what I can do, especially on my semi-retirement budget!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ham
Malta
Marsalforn
Gozo, Malta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My third and (presumably) final poll is now up. Go nuts

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/787982/poll-iii-mega-pol...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.