Subject: Warning: Card backs do not match the older I.V. Edition rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
KAS
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
FYI: I just got this expansion and the cards backs have a much brighter green than the original. It is unfortunate, but they are easily distinguishable from the backs on the I.V. edition. I don't sleeve any of my games, but I think it is the only way I can think of for these to work (other than dealing off the bottom of the deck).

I would think CGF and BGG should make this obvious for those who were intending to add these to their existing decks.

Edit: I have the older I.V. printing that came with poker chips.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon
United States
Christiansburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Warning: Card backs do not match I.V. Edition
http://www.losinghorns.com/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
KAS
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
Re: Warning: Card backs do not match I.V. Edition
Neverfade wrote:

And don't forget: http://sadtrombone.com/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Davies
United Kingdom
Shrewsbury
Shropshire
flag msg tools
Chin chin!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kneumann wrote:
Neverfade wrote:

And don't forget: http://sadtrombone.com/

And this recently discovered current favourite:

http://nooooooooooooooo.com/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kneumann wrote:
FYI: I just got this expansion and the cards backs have a much brighter green than the original. It is unfortunate, but they are easily distinguishable from the backs on the I.V. edition. I don't sleeve any of my games, but I think it is the only way I can think of for these to work (other than dealing off the bottom of the deck).

I would think CGF and BGG should make this obvious for those who were intending to add these to their existing decks.

Edit: I have the older I.V. printing that came with poker chips.

Not only that but the cards are slightly smaller. I had to buy sleeves with colored backs.

NOTE: You will be in trouble fitting the cards from IV to the new MtG sleeves that are slightly smaller. They barely fit and i slightly bent two cards trying to put them in these sleeves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steve randall
United Kingdom
Loughton
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the older I.V. version which I had to sleeve as the cards were starting to show usage.

Thanks for the heads up, I was going to buy these - buy may as well just put the amended update inside the sleeves (or write on the outside of them)

We already play the new rules and won't be worried about the lack of graphics (as some of the cards are missing pictures anyway)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Bolton
England
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
nothing to see here, move along
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

http://www.hark.com/clips/cywvdsqtbb-epic-fail-noise
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Double Plus Undead
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the edition without the poker chips. Is the same true?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wakefield Morys-Carter
United Kingdom
Oxford
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
pirate_chef wrote:
I have the edition without the poker chips. Is the same true?

If your tuck boxes do not have thumb cuts in them then you have one of the more recent print runs and the expansion cards should match.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ackmondual
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Someone in my game group brought this to my attention, which would explain why he's eager for me to bring in my bb edition.... He probably won't get the exp cards b/c of this, while mine has the exp as part of the kickstarter package.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ender Wiggins
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GeoMan wrote:
Not only that but the cards are slightly smaller. I had to buy sleeves with colored backs.

Wake wrote:
If your tuck boxes do not have thumb cuts in them then you have one of the more recent print runs and the expansion cards should match.

I have the I.V edition that has tuck boxes with thumb cuts, poker-chips, and rules dated 2007. The cards from my copy of the game seem to be identical in size to standard playing cards.

Are the cards from the Republic expansion identical to what I have, or are they smaller?

The information about this in the BGG Store seems confusing:
Quote:
One note on compatability: The expansion cards created with the original artwork are 63 mm x 88 mm. The 2007 printing of GtR I.V had cards that were 64.5 mm x 89.5 mm. If you sleeve your cards or have a later printing (which is the most common edition of I.V), then the promo cards will work fine. If not, you will find that the size of the cards is slightly mismatched.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Norton
United Kingdom
Macclesfield
Cheshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have mismatched cards but it's a complete non-issue. It doesn't affect gameplay one bit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.