On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
matthulgan wrote:
byronczimmer wrote:
Android or that other system?

Like you have to ask.

well base post is lacking lots of info... as far as I know both android and apple have app stores. I'm also assuming Fealty is the board game by that name and not the name of a song
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hoffman
United States
Briarcliff Manor
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's the itunes app store. Here's a link:

Fealty for $4.99
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Hinz
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JeffyJeff wrote:
matthulgan wrote:
byronczimmer wrote:
Android or that other system?

Like you have to ask.

well base post is lacking lots of info... as far as I know both android and apple have app stores. I'm also assuming Fealty is the board game by that name and not the name of a song

Except that apples app store is called "App store" androids is "Google Play"

so it was kinda explicit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Hinz
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone tried it yet? apparently it has multiplayer so i'm keen. but I'd just like to know it's a not a bug ridden mess.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Adams
Australia
Oakleigh
Victoria
flag msg tools
NASA Dawn approaching Ceres
mbmbmbmbmb
abodi wrote:
Anyone tried it yet? apparently it has multiplayer so i'm keen. but I'd just like to know it's a not a bug ridden mess.

I'd love to hear about this too. The boxed game keeps taunting me, and I nearly bought the app. $5.50 AU is a latte and a half, but I burnt my fingers on that junkie wargame a few days ago for the same price.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cieslik
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Oh hello.
mbmbmbmbmb
Well I think it's pretty good

We do have one bug involving matchmaking, but its been clean otherwise. Occasionally, when starting a game with a friend-list invite, it kicks you to automatic matchmaking instead. Its an interaction with GameCenter we didn't see during beta testing in the sandbox environment, and we plan to patch it after we get back from PAX East.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Stanley
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I picked up the iOS version and have been really impressed. It's a clever game, lots to think about with every turn, makes smart use of space, offers lots of interesting options and tons of features, and is just generally great and really fun.

It's a good example of iOS board gaming done right, so I really appreciate it and hope we see more from the same team. It makes me want to pick up the physical set.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Santa Clara
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Has anyone been able to get online play to work for this? My friend and I are trying to invite each other but nothing goes through apparently. (i.e. recipient doesn't get invite)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vince Lupo
United States
ALEXANDRIA
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AI is good! I played a game against the easy AI and it was quite challenging.

Though I'm eager to try it multiplayer.

My gamecenter is matrixneo42. Please invite me to your gamecenter and then to a game of fealty and send me a bgg message if I haven't accepted.

I love how they implemented the list of your current games. ONE TAP from the opening screen slides in the list of your games from the right. Other games make you click 3 or 4 times to see the same thing, and often with a little wait.

Fealty gameplay was very good. By default it shows you a live preview of how the final scoring will go. Placing pieces is easy and flexible and logical.

The map/board is easy to use. Supports zooming and panning and such as you would expect. I wish it would outline the duchies though as that is easier to see when playing the real game.

Overall it's a great app! 5 out of 5 so far.

edit: multiplayer stuff definitely needs an update. But that's the only issue I have so far. Obviously they have that part mostly working. I'm patient. Though I'll be annoyed if it takes 2 months to fix.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
. sladeums .
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
In 8 separate attempts I've been unsuccessful in getting a single match going.
It's not just the bug mentioned above, so far other situations I've encountered :

1. Sent game invite to Player2, game commenced after a good long while. We got through selecting our pieces for the first round, then the game abruptly ended. Player2 forfeit.

2. Got another game going after inviting Player2, we completed the first turn, then game abruptly ended. Player2 forfeit.

Now the most peculiar thing about these first two items is that Player2 says he never received any invites nor participated in any matches with me.
So I have no idea who I was playing, if anyone.

3. After setting up another 2 player invite match, instead of the game showing my name vs Player2 it was showing me a two player match with the user names of two people I've never even heard of.

So thus far, for me, the multiplayer seems totally broken.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sanders
United States
Tallahassee
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sladeums wrote:

Now the most peculiar thing about these first two items is that Player2 says he never received any invites nor participated in any matches with me.
So I have no idea who I was playing, if anyone.

THIS happened to me. I just found out 30 mintues ago the player I invited was not the player I played - though they had his username. I have no clue who I was playing either. The person I thought I was playing just mentioned to me he hasn't downloaded the game yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
. sladeums .
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools

Yeah...
Really disappointed right now, as my enthusiasm for this title was very, very high after wrapping my head around the basics.

For now I guess it's just a waiting game for fixes.

soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
P. M.
Netherlands
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mb
CaptainCosmic wrote:
On-topic: is the solo play pretty good?

Solo play is good... at least I've been enjoying it. Live scoring is a huge blessing and allows you to try out various positions before you commit your move. I'm new to the game and while much has been said about the simple rules personally I've found it's taken quite a few games for me to see how those simple rules fit together.

That said, after 20 'missive' games I don't find the 'tough' AI that much tougher than the 'moderate' AI... (I've won about 80% of my games on both moderate and tough settings. Time to move on to the 'suns' mode...)

I've posted elsewhere (in another thread here and on TA) my disappointment concerning the iPad UI layout (compared to the iPhone layout). Hope the publisher and developer are listening and prepared to give the iPad implementation the love and polish this game deserves!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vince Lupo
United States
ALEXANDRIA
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CaptainCosmic wrote:
On-topic: is the solo play pretty good?

I'm seeing that there might be issues with the multiplayer aspect, but I usually end up playing abstracts as more of a solo exercise, anyway. I'd be okay if the multiplayer woes were fixed in a future update, provided the AI portion of the game was solid.

Solo play IS good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cieslik
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Oh hello.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys -- we're back from PAX East (and slowly waking up after way too little sleep!), and we're looking into the multiplayer bugs. I'm very grateful to everyone who's purchased the app already! It was a nice launch week, and we aim to make it even more awesome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vince Lupo
United States
ALEXANDRIA
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure if someone mentioned it already but I appear to be playing a game as a name that's not my own. I would have expected gamecenter names to show in the game list but instead I seem to have some other name or I'm playing as someone else.

As a programmer I believe that they mistakenly used the wrong data value when determining the name of yourself in your games. And perhaps not consistently wrong either.

Very confusing but I was able to play out a couple online games. I'm confident they'll fix it and I'm enjoying the app.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cieslik
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Oh hello.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah -- there's some sort of bad information pipeline between GameCenter and us, we're trying to sort out exactly where it is and clamp it down so we can patch!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
. sladeums .
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools

Not sure where else to put this, but for what it's worth, below is my wishlist for this app based on my time with it so far.
Some of these may be possible, others not, and some maybe not worth your time ... or it's possible I may be overlooking some things that negate my concerns .... I dunno, but just wanted to share my opinion.

Keep in mind I'm a total newcomer to this game so possibly some of these things may be obvious to a seasoned player ... but it may be helpful to have a noob perspective as well.

(No bitchin and moaning here ... honestly want to be helpful! I really, really like the game so far; which is why I keep returning here to comment.)

------------------

** First and foremost more than anything in the world - please, please, please let me zoom or resize the board. The terrain squares are rather small and after extended sessions seem to cause more strain on my eyes than anything else I play.

** Any type of stats/profile display indicating a player's number of matches played, win - loss numbers, etc. would be great.

** The expanded info you get when holding a terrain square should show complete "stack" information. As it is now you can't definitively tell what is beneath influence icons or pieces. With influence icons it is arguably obvious what terrain is beneath them (if I squint, lol), but actually confirming this information would be welcome.
With pieces it can be decidedly more difficult to determine what is beneath them, if at all. For example with a piece placed over a city - - I can see no way at all to determine if a piece is placed upon a city.

** Button/function to display last turn taken. In multiplayer matches after returning to an async game it will show my opponents last move ... sometimes it goes a little quickly to fully digest. I'm just playing 2 player matches also - - don't know how this works in a bigger match. If I come into my turn in an async match and 3 people have moved before me do all the pieces just fly on to the board one after the other with no pause? If so, ouch.

** It would be nice if the "Match Tiles" (individual game in progress boxes displayed in the startup screen) showed AI strength where applicable.

** Allow players to place duchies pregame instead of AI. (Make this optional maybe?)

** "Pro" mode to turn off the potential influence markers. Although I probably wouldn't play like this I would imagine some old hands may prefer it. (Make this optional maybe?)

** I would love to see the boxes in game that portray your "hand" be replaced with the actual physical cards. Honestly the visual card representation (imo) is vastly more useful in depicting each piece's influence reach than the short text on your hand. My play style may change as I become more familiar with the game, but presently EVERY single time I select a piece I press and hold to check the card depiction. Since I'm looking at it every single turn it may as well be there from the get go. It seems to me there is ample space to have three cards side by side there that toggle instead of the three boxes. Although last on this list, this is actually my second most desired feature after getting a closer view of the board. (Make this optional maybe?)

(hope this all makes sense)

Thanks for listening and for a great game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vince Lupo
United States
ALEXANDRIA
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sladeums wrote:

Not sure where else to put this, but for what it's worth, below is my wishlist for this app based on my time with it so far.
Some of these may be possible, others not, and some maybe not worth your time ... or it's possible I may be overlooking some things that negate my concerns .... I dunno, but just wanted to share my opinion.

Keep in mind I'm a total newcomer to this game so possibly some of these things may be obvious to a seasoned player ... but it may be helpful to have a noob perspective as well.

(No bitchin and moaning here ... honestly want to be helpful! I really, really like the game so far; which is why I keep returning here to comment.)

------------------

** First and foremost more than anything in the world - please, please, please let me zoom or resize the board. The terrain squares are rather small and after extended sessions seem to cause more strain on my eyes than anything else I play.

** Any type of stats/profile display indicating a player's number of matches played, win - loss numbers, etc. would be great.

** The expanded info you get when holding a terrain square should show complete "stack" information. As it is now you can't definitively tell what is beneath influence icons or pieces. With influence icons it is arguably obvious what terrain is beneath them (if I squint, lol), but actually confirming this information would be welcome.
With pieces it can be decidedly more difficult to determine what is beneath them, if at all. For example with a piece placed over a city - - I can see no way at all to determine if a piece is placed upon a city.

** Button/function to display last turn taken. In multiplayer matches after returning to an async game it will show my opponents last move ... sometimes it goes a little quickly to fully digest. I'm just playing 2 player matches also - - don't know how this works in a bigger match. If I come into my turn in an async match and 3 people have moved before me do all the pieces just fly on to the board one after the other with no pause? If so, ouch.

** It would be nice if the "Match Tiles" (individual game in progress boxes displayed in the startup screen) showed AI strength where applicable.

** Allow players to place duchies pregame instead of AI. (Make this optional maybe?)

** "Pro" mode to turn off the potential influence markers. Although I probably wouldn't play like this I would imagine some old hands may prefer it. (Make this optional maybe?)

** I would love to see the boxes in game that portray your "hand" be replaced with the actual physical cards. Honestly the visual card representation (imo) is vastly more useful in depicting each piece's influence reach than the short text on your hand. My play style may change as I become more familiar with the game, but presently EVERY single time I select a piece I press and hold to check the card depiction. Since I'm looking at it every single turn it may as well be there from the get go. It seems to me there is ample space to have three cards side by side there that toggle instead of the three boxes. Although last on this list, this is actually my second most desired feature after getting a closer view of the board. (Make this optional maybe?)

(hope this all makes sense)

Thanks for listening and for a great game!
:)

I can resize, zoom and pan the board on my iphone and on the ipad.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
. sladeums .
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
Neo42 wrote:

I can resize, zoom and pan the board on my iphone and on the ipad.

please please please tell me how

I'm on an iPad 2 latest os ...

I have the app open right now; playing a 2-player match vs AI.
I pinch, pull, tap, double tap, press and hold, swipe; and nothing.

What am I missing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cieslik
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Oh hello.
mbmbmbmbmb
Which iPad OS's are you two using, out of curiosity (the pan and not able to pan)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
. sladeums .
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
angelkurisu wrote:
Which iPad OS's are you two using, out of curiosity (the pan and not able to pan)

Can't pan, zoom, resize ... I'm on an iPad 2.

Someone else (funambulist) has previously made comments in re superiority of iPhone vs iPad UI for this app, and I'm pretty sure this may be some of what he was referring to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.