Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Justin Foster
United States
Davenport
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First I'd like to say I have TI and all expansions sets and all are in one box. I am trying to figure out 3 player setup for the original set. It says in the Rulebook for setup that there should be 32 systems. From what I can see it says that "systems" are any tile that is not a home tile including the "special sytems" with the orange border. I have however 35 "system" tiles. Tiles I have from the original set (ones without expansion marks on them.) are as follows.

5 Orange bordered Special Tiles, 3 asteroid feilds, 1 Super Nova, 1 Nebula.

8 Empty Space Tiles.

A and B Wormhole tiles.

19 Planet Tiles.

I have checked over and over again for the expansion markers on these but none of them have it. Do I have a misprint or am I missing something? Please can anyone make sense of this? Any help would be appreciated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Presley
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you counting Mecatol?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Lozito
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You should have a total of 33 system tiles within the base set (not counting the home systems). The 32 that you see the rulebook referencing is after Mecatol Rex has been removed.

You seem to have two too many empty system tiles. There should be a total of 8 (6 Empty, 1 A Wormhole, 1 B Wormhole).

There are two possibilities: (1) They gave you a few extra empty system tiles. (2) Because you have all three games in the same box, two empty systems from the expansions got mixed up with the base set.

So you know, there should be 6 additional empty systems tiles with the expansions (4 from SE, 2 from SotT). Go back and count those and see if you aren't two short for those. I'm pretty sure that empty system tiles are not marked with expansion icons, so they're easy to confuse.

Hope this helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Foster
United States
Davenport
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow yes that clears it all up thank you! I've been searching forever to find out this question lol. Thanks again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Horne
United States
Whitehall
Michigan
flag msg tools
Mr. Axle can do all for you.
badge
Apologize again!
mbmbmbmbmb
jfoster1980 wrote:
First I'd like to say I have TI and all expansions sets and all are in one box. I am trying to figure out 3 player setup for the original set. It says in the Rulebook for setup that there should be 32 systems. From what I can see it says that "systems" are any tile that is not a home tile including the "special sytems" with the orange border. I have however 35 "system" tiles. Tiles I have from the original set (ones without expansion marks on them.) are as follows.

5 Orange bordered Special Tiles, 3 asteroid feilds, 1 Super Nova, 1 Nebula.

8 Empty Space Tiles.

A and B Wormhole tiles.

19 Planet Tiles.

I have checked over and over again for the expansion markers on these but none of them have it. Do I have a misprint or am I missing something? Please can anyone make sense of this? Any help would be appreciated.

The breakdown of tiles in the base game should be:

1 Mecatol Rex
10 Home Systems
5 Empty Systems
1 Wormhole A
1 Wormhole B
20 Planet Systems
3 Asteroid Fields
1 Supernova
1 Nebula

3 of your empty systems are from Shards of the Throne. For some reason, they did not get printed with an expansion marker. Shards lists 16 "New System Tiles," and this includes the 3 empty systems, but does not include the Embers' supernova tile, which is listed instead as one of the 3 "Race Specific Technology Tokens.

If you remove Mecatol and the 10 Home Systems from the above list, you should be left with 32 tiles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Lozito
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jfoster1980 wrote:
Wow yes that clears it all up thank you! I've been searching forever to find out this question lol. Thanks again!

You are most welcome!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benoit FANCHON
France
Paris
France
flag msg tools
AxleKerrigan wrote:
3 of your empty systems are from Shards of the Throne. For some reason, they did not get printed with an expansion marker.
You can identify them as they have a different star pattern (but the new asteroid tile looks exactly the same as in base box).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.