Popular Tags: [View All]
Giacomo Peroni
Italy
Milano
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,
since I'm not very fond of the unit models inside of the box, I'm thinking about using some substitute units. What do you suggest?
I've also heard that Twilight Imperium units could be ordered in the past. Are these units still available for ordering?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
gixx wrote:

I've also heard that Twilight Imperium units could be ordered in the past. Are these units still available for ordering?

As far as I know, FFG has never had the TI plastic units for sale seperate from the game itself. If they did, it was more than 6 years ago before I started buying FFG stuff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carter
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd rather have sleek wooden pieces for the ships, in a simple shape (i.e something trapezoidal), and colored slightly different shades of each color. If anyone has a suggestion as to where I could get that, please advise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert F-C
Australia
Sydney
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone considered a new Kickstarter project for plastic spaceship parts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Forrest & Ryan Driskel
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
WhereAreTheBlackDice wrote:
Anyone considered a new Kickstarter project for plastic spaceship parts?

I've thought about it, but you'd need a lot of buyers to make the money to finance a new mold. Even 1000 participants probably wouldn't be enough ... and there are currently only something like 3000 copies of Eclipse out there iirc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Panek
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
There are a lot of different 3D printed models on Shapeways.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert F-C
Australia
Sydney
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can see some examples of people who have adapted the EM4 Silent Death miniatures: http://www.em4miniatures.com/acatalog/Science_Fiction.html
For instance in the images section [e.g. http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/956811/eclipse]

A bit of googling also found this: http://www.battlestations.info/figures/index.html
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert F-C
Australia
Sydney
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking at the cost of some of these after-market spaceship miniature accessories vendors, it seems like the cheapest option is just to find someone selling a cheap 2nd-hand copy of Twilight Imperium 2nd Edition (or 3rd) and just use it for the parts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Quinn
United States
Bradley
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can substitute tha ships from Galactic Emperor, but I am afraid it won't look any better. But it won't look any worse either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Liu
Taiwan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
jwquinn wrote:
You can substitute tha ships from Galactic Emperor, but I am afraid it won't look any better. But it won't look any worse either.
Huh, wait a sec....
since Eclipse uses the same plastic ships then you are actually right! blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Platt
United Kingdom
Duston
Northamptonshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just replaced the Eclipse ships with ones from TI3

Can't wait to get the Death Star to the table :)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert F-C
Australia
Sydney
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also have a look at what Antti did to modify the stock miniatures to make them look cool:

as described in this thread here: Ships look bad?! (including mounting them on flying stands)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karsten
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You could have a look at this thread: Inexpensive games that have little plastic spaceships?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.