Subject: [DEAD] [US] AmazonLocal: $12 for $25 @ YoYo.com rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jessica W
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
AmazonLocal has a slightly better deal than LivingSocial right now if you are interested in getting a game from YoYo.com (unless you count getting a free LivingSocial coupon through referrals). Don't forget 5% rewards points if you use Amazon Visa.

AmazonLocal link

thread to LivingSocial deal with game list

Note that this stacks with YOYOAPRILSHIP for free shipping on $25.

Edit: DEAD as of 04/08/12.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David B
United States
Clinton
Washington
flag msg tools
Re: [US] AmazonLocal: $12 for $25 @ YoYo.com
I don't want to spend more money but really how can I not when this is the same as the other deal without cheating the system. Sweet thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TechIsCool wrote:
I don't want to spend more money but really how can I not when this is the same as the other deal without cheating the system. Sweet thank you.

How was the other deal cheating the system?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindy G
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
Mold the chaos into something beautiful
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe he means cheating the system by buying the other deal twice?

ETA: and I just bought one. I put off the other one since I didn't want to sign up for a new thing, but since I'm already an amazon visa customer, this was hard to resist.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Mayer
United States
Perry
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, picked up Carc Inns & Cathedrials as well as Princess and Dragon for $9 each with free shipping.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindy G
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In case anyone misses it on the front page, yoyo is showing free shipping at $20 for first time customers. Code YOYOSHIPNEW Appears to be dead now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David B
United States
Clinton
Washington
flag msg tools
oriecat wrote:
Maybe he means cheating the system by buying the other deal twice?

ETA: and I just bought one. I put off the other one since I didn't want to sign up for a new thing, but since I'm already an amazon visa customer, this was hard to resist.

Yup buying the 20$ one twice I read the contract and went oh well at least I get one game for a good price. Now with this I get two. Shipped from amazon with 1 day shipping when I ordered.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley Kinslow
United States
Piperton
Tennessee
flag msg tools
↳ Do one brain damage ↳ Do one brain damage ↳ End the run
badge
Real heroes wear pink...
mbmbmbmbmb
Castle Panic and Werewolves of Millers Hollow for right at $20 shipped? That's a hell of a deal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario De Super
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After speaking with a CS rep at YoYo (24 hour CS FTW!), she credited me $5.74 to fix their snafu. Dominion: Prosperity was being advertised for $29.99 in the sales section, but showed up as $35.74 after clicking on it and in the cart. After the credit, AmazonLocal code, and free first time ship code(applied automatically BTW), I ended up paying an additional $4.99. So, my total for Prosperity was $16.99 with free 1-2 day shipping! Sweet! GG tip and thumbs on the way...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TKR
United States
Westminster
Colorado
flag msg tools
Thanks! Been thinking about picking up the fancy version of Puerto Rico for 70ish dollars, but when you can get the regular version for $17, it's really hard to pass up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jedd Pearce
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
My name is Jedd and this is my color.
badge
The best show of all time.
mbmbmbmbmb
Went with Puerto Rico for $17.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce McLeod
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
oriecat wrote:
In case anyone misses it on the front page, yoyo is showing free shipping at $20 for first time customers. Code YOYOSHIPNEW

Just completed my order, had to find a filler item.
The AL $25 will stack with the $25 free shipping, but the $20 first order is either dead, or just doesn't work with the AL deal.
YOYOAPRILSHIP is on $25 PRE-TAX (just in case anyone was under other impressions).

So, if you want Castle Panic (which for me, after tax, was almost exactly $25) you will need to find a filler item for $2.01 or more (I might recommend the Duracell batteries, because who won't use a couple more batteries!).

Edit: Cancelled my order, does anyone have their referral code for 20% off? Then I may look into something that costs a little more...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario De Super
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
F4ll0ut wrote:
oriecat wrote:
In case anyone misses it on the front page, yoyo is showing free shipping at $20 for first time customers. Code YOYOSHIPNEW

The AL $25 will stack with the $25 free shipping, but the $20 first order is either dead, or just doesn't work with the AL deal.
YOYOAPRILSHIP is on $25 PRE-TAX (just in case anyone was under other impressions).

So, if you want Castle Panic (which for me, after tax, was almost exactly $25) you will need to find a filler item for $2.01 or more (I might recommend the Duracell batteries, because who won't use a couple more batteries!).

Edit: Cancelled my order, does anyone have their referral code for 20% off? Then I may look into something that costs a little more...

MARI363958
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindy G
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
F4ll0ut wrote:
oriecat wrote:

Must be dead, it worked last night at 11pm PDT for me with the AL. Got Betrayal at House on the Hill for $9.99 (plus $12 AL of course).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Pham
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks! I reposted to reddit .

http://www.reddit.com/r/boardgames/comments/rxphh/hot_deal_2...

There's an updated board game selection list in here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jupiter Jones
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rattus for $21! Great deal, thanks for the notice!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
oriecat wrote:
Got Betrayal at House on the Hill for $9.99 (plus $12 AL of course).

Got the same. Anyone able to tell if this is the version with the warping tiles, or did wotc fix that once and for all?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.L. Robert
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
Follow me if you want to play wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
My package arrived on Friday.

Forbidden Island and Zombie Dice both arrived in perfect shape, though the box didn't have much in the way of padding.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce McLeod
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mariogolbee wrote:
F4ll0ut wrote:
oriecat wrote:

MARI363958

Thanks for the code! We have a couple birthday parties for kids next weekend, so I was able to order something for myself as well as kiddie presents all for the 20% off!
The site leaves plenty to be desired, though as far as getting prices correct. It kept applying 20% off to one item (from the Casa side), but not to the rest (which were all Yoyo). Remove the item, add it back, full discount until the final checkout screen where it got reset to one item!
However, I will say they've got some excellent customer service. Just called them up and the guy was able to handle everything and get my total down with full discounts and my AL code. So, props to Yoyo/etc customer service!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...game pleasure in wood
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone have a $12 for $25 voucher they don't really need and want to sell? I could really use one! Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dian
United States
Beaverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pandemic: On the Brink is a good deal. I figured it's best to cash in on this order on April because of the lower free-shipping level ($25).

Here's a 20% off code if you guys wants to use it: DMK18297

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Z
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
blindsorrow wrote:
Anyone have a $12 for $25 voucher they don't really need and want to sell? I could really use one! Thanks.

Same here! PM me if you want to sell

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Yates
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I purchased this and used it to buy Dominion Cornucopia for $23.76 after it came back in stock.

Shipping was $4.95 and I looked for a filler item to bring my total to something between $25 and $28.71 to get the free shipping, but didn't see anything useful and decided to just pay for the shipping.

However when I went to checkout they would not apply the last $1.24 of my deal towards the shipping, and I would need to pay $the full 4.95 to ship it.

I decided this was BS so I went back to the fillers and added an Official Star Wars Storm Trooper wristband for $1.29. This brought my total to $25.05, so I needed to charge 5 cents to my credit card to complete the order (this card gives me 10 cents plus 1.1% every time I use it so I even made out there).

I received a shipping email pretty quickly, then received another one the next day. It turns out the 2 items were shipped separately from two different warehouses in different parts of Pennsylvania.

So their refusal to apply the Amazon Local credit towards shipping cost them the $3.66 I was willing to pay, plus the cost of the wristband and the cost to ship another box.

I wore the wristband to the first day of Mindgames last weekend even though it was digging into my skin, so any guilt I might have felt over this is completely gone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Halaska
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools

Procrastination pays off again!

I've been dithering about what game(s) to get using my yoyo coupons, and at the last minute decided to check one last time to see if they had added Pandemic: On the Brink to their inventory, and they had! That's currently at the top of my list, so it's nice to get it at a big discount. They had it at $24.55.

Both that and Lost Cities: the Board Game were newly added since the start of the sale, so check back to see if what you're looking for is now there. (Still now Kingdom Builder though...)

If you want to take advantage of April's free shipping, hurry up and order!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...game pleasure in wood
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
x2fer wrote:

Procrastination pays off again!

I've been dithering about what game(s) to get using my yoyo coupons, and at the last minute decided to check one last time to see if they had added Pandemic: On the Brink to their inventory, and they had! That's currently at the top of my list, so it's nice to get it at a big discount. They had it at $24.55.

Both that and Lost Cities: the Board Game were newly added since the start of the sale, so check back to see if what you're looking for is now there. (Still now Kingdom Builder though...)

If you want to take advantage of April's free shipping, hurry up and order!

Lost Cities The Board Game was a heck of a good deal with Yoyo certificate when it was $23.99 (based on 20% off an erroneously low $29.99 MSRP). With the certificate (plus a small filler to bring the total above $25), the game was about $12 with free shipping.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.