Bill August
United States
Carlisle
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm eager to get a copy of King of Tokyobut it is out of print and no one seems to know when/if it will be back in print. Is there an site or BGG feature that tracks this kind of information?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
United States
Lubbock
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A nice (non-BGG) feature is to go to a game store like funagain and sign up for their "alert me when back in stock" feature. I just did it with Antiquity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance Peterson
United States
Tallahassee
Florida
flag msg tools
schwartz!
badge
All your base are belong to us
mbmbmbmbmb
Be warned that reprint dates are, shall we say, "ballpark" estimates. I'd say you can expect a reprint within a year of the projected date. Or a couple of years. Or more.

Popular and newer games might take less time. For example, Vinhos was only about 6 months late in getting to the US after the projected release. That's not counting that it was released in Europe 18 months earlier.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chaddyboy
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Bloooooop.
badge
Bluuuuuurp.
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like you're looking for Gone Cardboard:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/gonecardboard
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gone Cardboard tells you AFTER the game has been reprinted. I think the OP is asking for a way to tell in advance so you can plan ahead.

In general, this is impossible. Tons of games are OOP with no idea if they'll ever be reprinted. If someone has specifically announced they will reprint a game, then they might give an estimate, which may or may not be accurate. It's all a crapshoot.

We're all in the same boat. You want to know when an actual physical copy of a reprinted game will be available so you can buy it. But the only way to know is after-the-fact, not in advance. Even with the best information, it's not real until it's real. Reprinted copies of Le Havre were shipped from Europe a few weeks ago and they're still not here, despite everyone estimating it wouldn't take this long. Go to the Vinhos forums and read about the months of delay in shipping this game to the states by container ship.

Basically what I'm trying to say is that the information isn't tracked anywhere because the information itself is an illusion that doesn't exist.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill August
United States
Carlisle
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems insane that a company would not be able to tell when and if a product they are selling is going to available. Aren't there production schedules and contracts along the line?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
FFG in the past have included reprint information in their news page.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Clason
United States
Cedar Rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bcaugust wrote:
It seems insane that a company would not be able to tell when and if a product they are selling is going to available. Aren't there production schedules and contracts along the line?

There are many steps from when a game is a gleam in a designer's eye to when it arrives at your FLGS. Any one of which can cause a delay, for example a game shipment may be stuck in customs longer than expected.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Runs with scissors
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
The die is cast.
badge
You say OCD like it's a bad thing.
mbmbmbmbmb
With this particular game I don't think that you're going to get anything more specific than what's already been posted in the game's forums.

"Funny you should ask. I just received a reply yesterday to the email I had sent them. Here is what they had to say:

> King of Tokyo is currently in production in China.
> Games should be in stores at end of April in USA.
> Expansion is scheduled for August / September 2012 (they hope for the Gencon Indy)."

All sorts of delays happen in production/shipping schedules. So what has been posted is probably the most optimistic date.

Any info about reprints is generally posted in the 'news' threads.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.