Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew Rodgers
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
the project comes to an end. Here's the update I just posted on the KS page, tweaked a little for BGG:

Well, we're rapidly approaching the one week mark for Who's for Dinner? and we still have a little ways to go in order to secure our funding. Please tell everyone you know about this great little game and let them know that they can help make it real. If you've been meaning to pledge, now's a great time. Remember, the project has to hit its goal in time, otherwise there's no funding at all.

Every kickstarter project always aims for stretch goals, but it looks like we're going to make this by the skin of our teeth (if at all). So here's an interim goal:

WEEKEND GOAL:

If we can bring the total pledges up to $1500 by the end of Monday (11:59 PM EDT), I can add on Decoy as another promo card:

This card gives you another way to protect your face-up cards from opponents' Actions, but playing it also means that they can spend an Action just to get the Decoy for themselves. It also strengthens some of the special roles (like The Stranger) in the expansion by helping protect their alternate scoring conditions.

This promo card will be added to the Entrée and higher levels if we hit $1500 by Monday night (just $135 away at the time of this update)!

Sending Promo Codes In:

Some folks have asked about how to send in the code for the Secret Hiding Place promo. Just use the "Send a Message" feature on the main Kickstarter page http://kck.st/zUI2xw, it's at the top of the page by my name or at the bottom by my picture.

Even More Stuff Coming:

Stay tuned, there's going to be a preview of some of the cards in the expansion soon, and if we hit the Monday goal, maybe I can figure out something else special to help get the project to the finish line.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Rodgers
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Well, we hit the goal a day early. Also, I've added new backer rewards based on feedback from current backers... check them out (http://kck.st/zUI2xw), especially if you're overseas. The new packages include free international shipping, if you don't mind waiting a little while to get everything at one time.

More good stuff to come soon!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Rodgers
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Big News for Who's For Dinner?

1. Everyone will get an option: smooth finish cards (like you see in the pictures and videos) or linen finish cards (if you like the feel better, check out Update #8 to compare quality)

2. A new interim goal: Hit $1800 before noon on Friday and we go from the tuckbox to a larger telescoping box. Like so:

3. Mr. W Games has joining Kicking It Forward (http://kickingitforward.org/)! I'm really interested in sites like Kickstarter, Etsy and even Ebay and Amazon... places where creators and consumers can not only interact but be one and the same. Kicking It Forward is a wonderful way of formally joining the digital economy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Rodgers
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Funding Successful! We reached our ultimate goal in a flurry of activity late last night. Now it's time for a modest stretch goal:

Hit $2500 before the end, and we'll add on two promo cards (Sea Salt, see below) and enough extra cards to the expansion so that it will support a total of seven players. That means the base game will support 3-5 players and the expansion adds two more.

Thanks to everyone who checked Who's for Dinner? out, spread the word about the project and a special thank you to everyone who backed the project!

P.S. I wrote a bit about my KS experience so far in this blog post: Part Five: Kickstarter

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Rodgers
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
30 Hours
Well, there's about thirty hours until Who's For Dinner? is done. We've hit our first stretch goal of $2500 so now it's time for $3000. We'll add on three cards for every copy of the game, and they've all been inspired by Kickstarter backers:

Learn more at http://kck.st/zUI2xw

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.