Popular Tags: [View All]
Nathan James
United States
Covington
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Just received my copy of Band of Brothers this week and I'm excited to introduce it to some friends tomorrow. I've been mulling over what scenario to start with. These guys are pretty big on Axis and Allies, but have almost no experience with hex-and-counters games. I want to break them in easy. I've decided to rule out any scenario with vehicles because the differences between squads and vehicles makes for an awful lot to remember all at once.

There are a couple of reasons why I don't want to use Scenario 1 - Day of Days. First, is the nature of the victory conditions, it is not a stand up fight at all. Second, the German troops are few and lousy, which gives a certain air of helplessness. Third, the hedgerows- they work nicely when clearly understood, but they are a little tricky. Especially because they don't follow the hex sides closely.

At this point, I'm looking at using Scenario 16 - To Die on Christmas. It has an answer for every one of my above concerns. But I've never played it. I would think that the good German troops could put up a nice fight at 5:8 odds. We shall see.

Any thoughts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tanks Alot
United States
Fort Mill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
facebook.com/HistoricalBoardGames
mbmbmbmbmb
We played one of the last scenarios multiplayer and it worked really well. Here are the details and a video of the game play

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/749956/multi-player-band...

Great fun, and we could all help each other, and it was mostly infantry so nothing complicated at all. Only problem we had was the left map was supposed to be a peach orchard and we had to "visualize" the empty space as full of peach trees.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Krohn
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
badge
Ahhh....my misspent youth...
mbmbmb
Scenario 16 is not a bad intro scenario.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.