Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Getchell Williams
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't own the game but I am very interested in owning it. I've been doing research on the rules and such and I just need a little clarification. From what I have read, it is better to flee then attack because then that zombie won't show up in your hand later on since zombies you flee from go in to the zombie discard pile, not your own discard pile. Am I correct in all this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Massek
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's correct that when you flee you don't have to put the zombie in your deck, but when you flee you have to discard some cards which pushes you closer to becoming a zombie.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Taylor
United States
under surveillance
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm still learning how best to play, so take this with a grain of salt.

Fleeing causes you to discard half the attrition value of the zombie(s) fled. Although if successful you will still be able to grab swag, you'll lose cards too. You also must flee all zombies at once, so if your opponents add to the zombie conga, you're not going to be successful. I assure you, losing 10+ cards from your hand and deck is devastating.

Fighting is easier because if you are successful you won't lose any swag, just gain some more. Also, you only fight one zombie at a time if you opponents add extra zombies, so even if you lose it will only be from the remaining zombies' attritions, not the entire line up.

Of course, when fighting you must take zombies into your discard pile where they'll later show up in your hand. Once in your hand, you can only get rid of them by adding to an opponent's zombie hoard.

It's a fun game with a lot of interesting decisions to make and trade-offs to consider, plus it has a great "zombie apocalypse" flavor.

Hope this helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Luxmoore
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GreAsyG wrote:
I don't own the game but I am very interested in owning it. I've been doing research on the rules and such and I just need a little clarification. From what I have read, it is better to flee then attack because then that zombie won't show up in your hand later on since zombies you flee from go in to the zombie discard pile, not your own discard pile. Am I correct in all this?

The real core of this game is that the fight/flee decision is heavily dependent on what others choose. You need to quickly tune your deck to be either a fight or flee deck (hybrids rarely work but it can be done) and the deck building element is very tight so there is no way everyone can follow the same strategy. Usually by the end of day 1 you have a focused deck that either fights or flees, not both.

Also the problem with fleeing as a strategy is that you can't really win unless someone else is fighting, which puts you at the mercy of the fight players to some extent. This means the seating order of who played what strategy is crucial too, and both options have important roles to play. Like most zombie movies, the fights determine the outcome
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Chien
United States
Rancho Cucamonga
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, when you flee successfully, only the oldest zombie wanders off to the zombie discard pile. This has large ramifications when the horde adds 2+ zombies every turn.

Cameron
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.