Popular Tags: [View All]
Brad Pflugh
United States
Butler
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A few questions please:

1.If a player places a Nazgul in a space alone, for instance on the Fellowship, with no army, and a Free People army moves onto the space is the Nazgul dead? I know it said leaders cant be alone, and that they die with no army/when army dies. But Nazgul can be alone?

2. Is there anyway to kill the Mazgul if alone?

3. Per leaders cannot be alone (I think), when you lay down new troops per a muster, only 1 piece can go down per city etc, so a leader cant go on a space by itself, ie, it would have to be placed on a space already with a troop there? And, if so, does this apply to Nazgul?

thanks... great game... just a lot going on!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Hilton
United States
Beaverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Nazgul can be in the same region as a Free Peoples army, as long as it isn't a Free Peoples stronghold (page 9 of the Second edition rulebook). Nazgul can exist without an army in the same region.

2.Not really- I don't have the card text in front of me, so I can't remember if "The Eagles are Coming" will work on a lone Nazgul, but even if it does you wouldn't normally use it that way.

3.If you are recruiting a Free Peoples leader, he does have to go in a settlement that already has army units. Not so with Nazgul; they can be recruited to an empty settlement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay P

Alexandria
Virginia
msg tools
Nazgul can go everywhere (alone) except Strongholds controlled by FP. And if the FP controlled Stronghold is under siege by SP, then Nazgul can go there too!

The Eagles are Coming only applies to an Army containing Nazgul, so it won't work on Nazgul alone.

There is no way to kill a lone Nazgul.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Pflugh
United States
Butler
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim the Enchanter
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One thing I'd add / clarify:

Nazgul may only be recruited in a Sauron 'Nation' Stronghold.

(p26 last paragraph of 'Recruiting Leaders' stuff)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.