United States
Monroe
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hiddnfox wrote:
Congrats!

Your BGG Sexy Level has gone up +3

Thanks, Steve, for the congrats, but now my wife isn't going to let me back on BGG!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Dawn
United States
Monroe
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the congrats, JB!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Dawn
United States
Monroe
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gdapkus wrote:
Congratulations, kingmaker fan!!
You have been Chosen!!

How does it feel to be the first person to be concurrently the Chosen One AND GotW?

Thanks for the congratulations Greg. And while it feels pretty awesome, I'm concerned something spectacular will be put up in the Chosen One Generosity Chain and I'll miss it while I am over here answering questions!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Dawn
United States
Monroe
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Whew! Caught up, at the moment!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Brillantes
United States
Livermore
California
flag msg tools
This space left intentionally blank.
badge
One last tour here on the Death Star and I can retire. What was that noise?!
mbmbmbmbmb
kingmaker fan wrote:
pmbrill77 wrote:

Congrats, David!

I am now considering sending the two green Kingmaker acorn tokens back to you to be signed by a GotW, but I am worried that you may not send the signed ones back to me.

'Gratz again!

Thanks for the congrats, Paul. But if your not kidding we are going to have your head examined!!!

I was kidding, but a psych workup is probably not a bad idea anyway. shake

Enjoy your well deserved GotW week!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Looking at these stars suddenly dwarfed my own troubles and all the gravities of terrestrial life. I thought of their unfathomable distance, and the slow inevitable drift of their movements out of the unknown past into the unknown future. H.G. Wells
badge
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. Chief Seattle
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations David!

1) Truth or beauty?
2) Speed or precision?
3) Justice or mercy?
4) Steadfast or flexible?
5) Cynicism or naivete?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Dawn
United States
Monroe
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
frumpish wrote:
Congratulations David!

1) Truth or beauty?
2) Speed or precision?
3) Justice or mercy?
4) Steadfast or flexible?
5) Cynicism or naivete?

Thanks, T. R., for the congratulations.

1) Truth?
2) precision?
3) Justice?
4) flexible?
5) naivete?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Vandertol
United States
Grandville
Michigan
flag msg tools
As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you, now remain in my love. You did not choose me, but I chose you, and appointed you so that you might go and bear fruit, fruit that will last. -- Jesus Christ
mbmbmbmbmb
Hiddnfox wrote:
Congrats!

He's turned it up to 11!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ik ben een kleine boefje
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
2006/2011 (Amsterdam - Maastricht - Apeldoorn - Den Haag -Delft) Vijf jaar dat ik ga nooit vergeten.
badge
Warning: Very handsome user.
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats.

a) Have you ever been to Spain or The Netherlands?
b) What game in my collection would you like to have in yours?
c) What game in my collection you dont like?
d) If you could save just three of your games... what games would you keep and why?
e) Brunetes, blondes or redheads (boys or girls, whatever your taste is)?

Happy week as GW
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Lai
Hong Kong
Happy Valley
None
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats!

Apart from Kingmaker which I would consider a wargame of sorts, what is your favorite wargame? Do you consider yourself a wargamer? If yes, what is your favorite wargame? If not what's stopping you?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Hoffman
United States
Ashburn
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kingmaker fan wrote:

At the risk of having to file yet more Conflict of Interest paperwork, let me offer you the heartiest of personal congratulations on your selection.

Only question I have for you is: Has the quality of thriftin' in your neck of the woods devolved to the same sorry no-account crap-ola level that it's hit here in the National Capital Region?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
We are not now that strength which in old days Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts, Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
badge
There is hope.
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations Dave!

What is it that makes Kingmaker a great game?

What is your favorite sports memory?

If you could play Kingmaker with six major league ballplayers/managers/owners who would you choose, and why?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin O'Hare
United States
San Carlos
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations, well deserved...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
All the little chicks with crimson lips, go...
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations Dave! A worthy honor.

Kingmaker questions:

Who is your favorite noble? Why?

Who is your favorite royal contender?

Percy as Marshall - good idea or not?

What is your favorite fond memory of a game of Kingmaker?

You have Kingmaker rated a '9' and nothing as a '10'. What would it take to rate a game a '10' for you?

Do you have a mustache like Rollie Fingers did?

Should Bowie Kuhn have nullified the sale of Vida Blue and (who else was it) to the Reds?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Dawn
United States
Monroe
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mirrordude wrote:
Hiddnfox wrote:
Congrats!

He's turned it up to 11!

????? Ok, I think I'm missing something over in my sheltered world in the
Thrift Community!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Dawn
United States
Monroe
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gelete wrote:
Congrats.

a) Have you ever been to Spain or The Netherlands?
b) What game in my collection would you like to have in yours?
c) What game in my collection you dont like?
d) If you could save just three of your games... what games would you keep and why?
e) Brunetes, blondes or redheads (boys or girls, whatever your taste is)?

Happy week as GW

Thanks, Gelete, for the congrats!

a) I went to Spain once as a teenager, with my family, in the mid-70's. I ended up getting sick so it wasn't a pleasant experience.

b) Twilight Struggle interests me. I may have trade in the works for it at the moment but its an earlier edition.

c) Eclipse, I'd play it again but it didn't really hit the spot for me.

d) Kingmaker, All Star Baseball, and The Sinking of the Titanic, because I must have Kingmaker, All Star Baseball is one I love to play, and The Sinking of the Titanic because it was one of my favorite games as a kid (even though its broken once you hit the water).

e) Yes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Dawn
United States
Monroe
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Garfink wrote:
Congrats!

Apart from Kingmaker which I would consider a wargame of sorts, what is your favorite wargame? Do you consider yourself a wargamer? If yes, what is your favorite wargame? If not what's stopping you?

Thanks, Garfink, for the congrats!

If some folks still consider Risk a war game, I guess that would be my next favorite. I do not consider myself a wargamer. What is stopping me is I just have a harder time keeping conscious while trying to read their rules. I dislike reading rules any way but war games I really lose interest in quick.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alfred Das
Netherlands
's-Hertogenbosch
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
surprise I'm late to the party, but nonetheless... A warm congrats from me to you. Cheers!

Q: how many eggs did you eat at easter?
Q: how many of these were of the choccy kind?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Dawn
United States
Monroe
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dogmatix wrote:
kingmaker fan wrote:

At the risk of having to file yet more Conflict of Interest paperwork, let me offer you the heartiest of personal congratulations on your selection.

Only question I have for you is: Has the quality of thriftin' in your neck of the woods devolved to the same sorry no-account crap-ola level that it's hit here in the National Capital Region?

Thanks for the hearty congratulations, Justin. Good to hear from you! How is the little one?

Is it Conflict of Interest issues or the sad state of thrifting in your environs that has led to your absence from the thrift lists? (Or, of course, it could be the little one.) As for my immediate local area, sorry no account crap-ola would be an improvement not a devolvement!

Again, good to hear from you, if I get back to your area we'll have to meet up (if allowed).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Dawn
United States
Monroe
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Raid1280 wrote:
Congratulations Dave!

What is it that makes Kingmaker a great game?

What is your favorite sports memory?

If you could play Kingmaker with six major league ballplayers/managers/owners who would you choose, and why?

Thanks for the congratulations, Eric!

What is it that makes Kingmaker a great game? I don't really know how to verbalize this. One thing I like about it the effect the event cards can have. As long as its not happening to me, I love big plans getting ruined by the cards hauling nobles all over the place!

What is your favorite sports memory? My High School's varsity basketball team winning against our bitter rivals at the buzzer in the rival's gym! It turned bad shortly after though. As the two teams were coming across the court to shake hands, the lights went out and then the sound of thudding fists were heard. My dad and I made our way through the bleachers and out the doors. When we got out, my brother was no where to be found (older brother but not wiser). When the lights came back on we noted our star center had the good sense to head up into the bleachers and away from the fights. You have to realize when we played this rival in football it was usually held at Long Beach Veterans stadium and you had to go through metal detectors to get in. A foolish place to hold the game because the bleachers are primarily on one side and all they had to separate the two sides was a strip of yellow tape! shake The rival football team once used student body funds to bail their star running back out of jail so he could play against us! (He had nearly beat somebody to death over a girlfriend issue.) Imagine my surprise when a couple years ago our reunion was a co-reunion with said rivals! I was in shock, I had moved away back in '85 and had no idea how much had changed in 30 years.

If you could play Kingmaker with six major league ballplayers/managers/owners who would you choose, and why? Joe Rudi, Rollie Fingers, Sal Bando, Gene Tenace, Reggie Jackson, Mark McGwire - some of my favorite A's!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Dawn
United States
Monroe
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Kevin for the congrats and kind words!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Dawn
United States
Monroe
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wifwendell wrote:
Congratulations Dave! A worthy honor.

Kingmaker questions:

Who is your favorite noble? Why?

Who is your favorite royal contender?

Percy as Marshall - good idea or not?

What is your favorite fond memory of a game of Kingmaker?

You have Kingmaker rated a '9' and nothing as a '10'. What would it take to rate a game a '10' for you?

Do you have a mustache like Rollie Fingers did?

Should Bowie Kuhn have nullified the sale of Vida Blue and (who else was it) to the Reds?

Thanks Wendell for the congratulations and kind words!

Who is your favorite noble? Cromwell Why? Like the heraldry and back in the day the Los Angeles Rams had player named Nolan Cromwell!

Who is your favorite royal contender? Maggie, I like the sole heir to be Queen!

Percy as Marshall - good idea or not? Good idea, when he gets yanked North by the cards he has substantial troops.

What is your favorite fond memory of a game of Kingmaker? Snatching victory from the jaws of defeat when my nephew gambled that the plague in London would not come up ... WRONG!

You have Kingmaker rated a '9' and nothing as a '10'. What would it take to rate a game a '10' for you? I'd have to love it and be able to play it no matter when asked. Kingmaker takes more time than I can be certain is always available.

Do you have a mustache like Rollie Fingers did? No

Should Bowie Kuhn have nullified the sale of Vida Blue and (who else was it) to the Reds? (I think it was Rudi and Fingers to the Red Sox as the other sale.) Absolutely not. Mind you, I'm glad he did because Charlie O. Finley wasn't likely to spend that cash on players but it only delayed their departure for a short time and this is America and capitalism rules!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Dawn
United States
Monroe
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Der Das wrote:
surprise I'm late to the party, but nonetheless... A warm congrats from me to you. Cheers!

Q: how many eggs did you eat at easter?
Q: how many of these were of the choccy kind?

Its only Tuesday, that's not late to the Geek of the WEEK!

Thank for the congrats Der Das!

Q: how many eggs did you eat at easter? 13
Q: how many of these were of the choccy kind? 13

One solid Chocolate, 6 Reese's, and 6 Caramel (mini ones)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
flag msg tools
"Jayne, your mouth is talking. You might wanna look to that."
badge
"Wash, we got some local color happening. A grand entrance would not go amiss."
mbmbmbmbmb
CONGRATULATIONS

Enjoy your week in the spotlight!

Questions:

d10-1 What is your most favorite game mechanic and why?
d10-2 What game are you most looking forward to in 2012?
d10-3 Are you interested in the upcoming Hobbit movie and why/why not?
d10-4 Gimli vs. Legolis who wins in a fight?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Dawn
United States
Monroe
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ashitaka wrote:
CONGRATULATIONS

Enjoy your week in the spotlight!

Questions:

d10-1 What is your most favorite game mechanic and why?
d10-2 What game are you most looking forward to in 2012?
d10-3 Are you interested in the upcoming Hobbit movie and why/why not?
d10-4 Gimli vs. Legolis who wins in a fight?

Thanks, Bob, for the congratulations!

d10-1 Card driven randomness.
d10-2 Well, I'm a thrifter and I have Ad Block so I probably don't even know what is coming out!
d10-3 If my Son-in-law who is into LotR invites me I'll probably go but LotR has never been a keen interest of mine.
d10-4 Legolis?

Edit: Removed the question from 3.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6  Next »  [6] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.