Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Edmund Hon
Canada
Maple
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
28, 30 if you include DAK (only DAK2 is in the list) and 1st ed. Guderian's Blitzkrieg (only GB2 is in the list).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Putnam
United States
New Freedom
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
27 played. I own 2 that I haven't played (Paths of Glory and For the People).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Lawson
United States
Rutland
Vermont
flag msg tools
New England Patriots
badge
http://thegamebox.gamesontables.com/index.php
mbmb
Just for the record BGGs rating system and rankings have absolutely nothing to do with why I buy games. I buy games because of there topics primarily and to a lesser extent the scale, system, Company, designer.
I would never buy a game just because its popular (I might want to play it and see what all the fuss is about though!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Irsik
United States
Clearfield
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Own: 13
Played: 42

I'm kind of surprised by some of the games that are on that list, even though I own some of them. Games like Downtown, Burning Blue, Triumph of Chaos, etc., take a LOT of work setting up, learning, and playing them to any kind of conclusion which would seem to me that they wouldn't get multiple plays.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill the Pill
United States
Oneonta
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
42% played, 53% owned. I gotta play some more games and get rid of the ones that don't float my boat!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stig Morten
Norway
Kvernaland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Own 3
Played 4
On preorder 1
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Lazzaro

New York
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Own: 75

Played: 58
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodney Sheldon
United States
Springfield
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Own: 15

Played: 25
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Cirone
United States
Alliance
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have played 10 but own several more that have yet to really see play (Empire on the Sun is next on my list). That 10 does include A Few Acres of Snow... not really a wargame. It also doesn't include any of the versions of Axis&Allies, though I have played other versions of Axis&Allies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon M
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
“Games give you a chance to excel, and if you're playing in good company you don't even mind if you lose because you had the enjoyment of the company during the course of the game.” ― Gary Gygax
mbmbmbmbmb
Own: 5 (6 w/ nonlisted Axis & Allies)

Played: 7

Own & Played: 4 (the overlap)

Everything I have played but do not own can be Credited to
Adam Cirone
United States
Alliance
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Jurin
United States
Great Neck
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Infomanohio wrote:
Own: 3

Played: 0

Like a lot of other gamers here, most of my collection consists of out-of-print Avalon Hill or SPI games that are not represented on the Top 100. The three games I own on the Top 100 are #63 (World at War: Blood and Bridges), #68 (World at War: Eisenbach Gap), and #98 (Ambush!). The World at War series is still being published; the Ambush! series is not.

I grew up with what may be considered the "classics" and prefer to play them over the "cult of the new" games on the Top 100. This does not mean I think there are no good new games on the list, it just means I prefer playing the old games. Are there games on the Top 100 that I would like to get and play? Certainly - at the moment, however, I have neither the money nor the time to buy new games and play them. I want to find the time to play the games I own first, and then I'll see about some of the new games.

After reading this, I checked - I've got 7 I played, mostly old ones:

Civil War, Britannia, Empire in Arms, World in Flames , RAF, and History of the World (coming in at 100)! I admit I played one newer game, War of the Ring. Own them all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob ZoBell
United States
North Salt Lake
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Played: 7
Owned: 9
Owned, but not played: 5

I need to play Napoleon's Triumph and No Retreat! The Russian Front soon!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Beaton
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
I have a cunning plan
mbmbmbmbmb
Infomanohio wrote:
Own: 3

Played: 0

Like a lot of other gamers here, most of my collection consists of out-of-print Avalon Hill or SPI games that are not represented on the Top 100. The three games I own on the Top 100 are #63 (World at War: Blood and Bridges), #68 (World at War: Eisenbach Gap), and #98 (Ambush!). The World at War series is still being published; the Ambush! series is not.

I grew up with what may be considered the "classics" and prefer to play them over the "cult of the new" games on the Top 100. This does not mean I think there are no good new games on the list, it just means I prefer playing the old games. Are there games on the Top 100 that I would like to get and play? Certainly - at the moment, however, I have neither the money nor the time to buy new games and play them. I want to find the time to play the games I own first, and then I'll see about some of the new games.

I'm another old-school AH player. I've played 7 on the modern list, and own 2 of them. But one of those two is ASL, and that is a lot of gaming in one moderate bookshelf.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance Runolfsson
United States
Medford
Oregon
flag msg tools
The door is a jar.
mbmbmbmbmb
Like most of the AH & SPI old farts my collection don't cover much of this list. I have and have played, Battle Cry and Axis and Allies (not the listed edition though). And in some critical ways I don't really think of those as REAL wargames! I definitely have to be in the mood for them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bestia immonda
Italy
bologna
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
25 played.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jose Dias
Portugal
Porto
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I own 14, I've played 8 cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mo Caraher
Canada
Coquitlam
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Own 7, played 9, a couple of which I don't own & never have owned, plus 2 more in the to-be-played queue.

Comparing my owned & played games vs. the Top 100 I realized that a big chunk of my collection is comprised of stuff from Avalanche Press and Critical Hit, none of which have any games currently in the Top 100. How the hell did that happen? It occurs to me now that I own precious few games by GMT and MMP, and certainly none of the "light" wargames like Risk or Battle Cry (and the like). What can I say, I know what I like. I think.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michele Cafagna
Italy
Trieste
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Owned: 57
Played: 32
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Herbie Hancock: Takin' Off // Art Farmer & Bill Evans: Modern Art // Sonny Rollins: Way Out West
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Currently own 43, previously owned 4, played 32.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Hendrix
United States
Talladega
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Own 10 played 10!

But there are soooo many others I want to get and play!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Lewis
United States
Evans
Georgia
flag msg tools
“Whatever you do, He will make good of it. But not the good He had prepared for you if you had obeyed Him.” Perelandra, C.S. Lewis
badge
"He died not for men, but for each man. If each man had been the only man made, He would have done no less.” Perelandra, C.S. Lewis
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played 23 of the Top 100, none more than the Combat Commander series (~30 plays). Still need Here I Stand, Napoleon's Triumph, and WotR Collector's Edition to make it through the Top 10.

-phil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Vista
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have played (and enjoyed) more of the Bottom 100 Wargames than the Top 100 Wargames..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Walters
United States
Chesterfield
Virginia
flag msg tools
"...the art of manoeuvering armies...an art which none may master by the light of nature. but to which, if he is to attain success, a man must serve a long apprenticeship." -- G.F.R. Henderson
mbmbmbmbmb
Own 57 but haven't played; played 27. Some of these games I have auctioned off (old RAF so I could get the new RAF, etc). But that totals to 84 games, or 84% of the list owned at one time...and 27% played. Somewhat respectable, but I would like my play percentage to equal my owned percentage!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence Hung
Hong Kong
Wan Chai
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Neopeius wrote:
I have played (and enjoyed) more of the Bottom 100 Wargames than the Top 100 Wargames..

laughInteresting! What are some of the big names or under-covered gems there?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence Hung
Hong Kong
Wan Chai
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lawrence Hung wrote:

Some additional information:
Played 35 different games of the top 100.
Only 22 of them are actually owned by me.
Own 25 games which are not played.
I noticed I didn't record any Advanced Squad Leader games in the entry of the rulebook but in the different modules. So the no. of plays is way below that I counted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6  Next »  [20] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.