Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kinley Engvalson
United States
West Palm Beach
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
IfI understand the rules correctly, you don't reshuffle the damage deck unless it runs out.

Anyone experimented with reshuffling whenever a plane explodes?

Or crashes?

Pros or cons?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duke
United States
Georgetown
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I do that every time and like it a lot. Keeps everyone on their toes and I've had back to back explosions as a result of it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeppers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Angiolino
Italy
Rome
European Union
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
In WW2 Wings of War, as both in WW1 and WW2 Wings of Glory, damage cards/tokens of an eliminated plane are put back in their groups/decks and then reshuffled. Since che explosion eliminates a plane, the rule applies also every time an explosion appear.
I fear that this rule was not in the WoW WW1 Miniatures rulebook, but I suggest to apply it anyway.
It is better to put back all the cards taken by an airplane, and not just some (as the useless 0s for example) non to alter the chances of hits and damage scoring.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kinley Engvalson
United States
West Palm Beach
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So we should reshuffle the damage deck every turn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Angiolino
Italy
Rome
European Union
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
No need to do that, I do not think that it is useful.

I just think that you should shuffle it every time a plane is eliminated from the game. First take all the damage cards that the plane received, both 0s and real damages, including the explosion if it is there, and put them back into the deck (or decks if they are from several decks with different letters). Then reshuffle the deck/decks - now it is useful, since you added cards to it/them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kinley Engvalson
United States
West Palm Beach
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How high can trench machine guns fire??
Great--thanks! We love the game. Right now I'm playing an Allied Bombing run with three Breguets protected by five fighters, v.8 Germaan fighters. All miniatures.

One other question--is machine gun fire from trenches limited by altitude? How high can they shoot?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Angiolino
Italy
Rome
European Union
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It is as a 0 altitude plane: one ruler against 0 altitude planes, half a ruler (nd considering it long range) against 1 altitide plane. No shoots agains higher targets.

Wings of Glory will call ground level 1 aìinstead than 0, and icrease every max altitude by 1. But noithing will change in the substance.

All the best,

Andrea
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kinley Engvalson
United States
West Palm Beach
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.