Hide
10 Posts

Quarriors!» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question about Advance Rules.. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
bob rico
msg tools
Ok so we know about the 2 new advanced rules they have for the upcoming expansion Quarmageddon, but i have question about one of those new rules.. Ok the new rule about culling states you can only cull the creature that you score with, or you may not score it to save the creature. My question is how are we going to be able to cull our other dice that we dont want in our bags ?? This rule also makes it alot tougher to get rid of Corrupted Quiddity dice as well, which could turn out to be really annoying. Thought ??
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian
Germany
Hürth
NRW
flag msg tools
Thank you for stopping at this OverText. Your cursor is now being scanned for the purpose of security. Please don't move for 3 seconds . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Thank you for your cooperation. You may proceed.
mbmbmbmbmb
First: Please make use of the Subject to tell us which rule you're asking about.

Second: Please make use of that big key on your keyboard with the arrow on it.

Third: As far as I know the rule you mention allowing only scored dice to cull is an optional rule for experienced players who whish a longer and more difficult game. And yes, I also suppose especially together with corrupted quiddity it could get really annoying.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Pollock
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I think it may be advanced for the base game, as they said they used it during initial development/playtesting of the base game.

With corrupted quiddity in play, I don't really get the impression it will work that great. That's probably why there are so many additional variants on the so called advanced rules.

Probably the closest one to this would be to cull the scoring creature as per advanced rule, but also have it that if you don't score the creature you can cull any other dice in your used pile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Kelsey
United States
Unspecified
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In our playing with the Corrupted Quidity both with and without the Advanced rules, we found that when using the base rules that the Corrupted Quidity never really lasted long enough to have any effect at all. It was quickly culled out long before it even went back into the bag, so it was pretty useless to attack someone with it.

With the Advanced rules the Corrupted Quidity actually got to see play, making it more of an actual threat when you were given one. We even test played a rule that the Corrupted die went into your bag and not into your used pile just to get more game effect out of it.

I'm hopeful that the Armeggedon expansion has more ways of getting Corrupted quidity in play, we found that we needed to tailor our Wilds to give us a chance to play some corruption.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damon Asher
United States
Jefferson
MA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ghostgojira wrote:
Ok so we know about the 2 new advanced rules they have for the upcoming expansion Quarmageddon, but i have question about one of those new rules.. Ok the new rule about culling states you can only cull the creature that you score with, or you may not score it to save the creature. My question is how are we going to be able to cull our other dice that we dont want in our bags ?? This rule also makes it alot tougher to get rid of Corrupted Quiddity dice as well, which could turn out to be really annoying. Thought ??

I have exactly the same concerns, which if why I like to play this way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ben watts
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I ran into a snag playing the advanced rules in a 2 player game my friend summoned a large creature that I could not take down and then just keep adding creatures not scoreing them until he had enougth glory to win the game! anyone else run into this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
benw wrote:
I ran into a snag playing the advanced rules in a 2 player game my friend summoned a large creature that I could not take down and then just keep adding creatures not scoreing them until he had enougth glory to win the game! anyone else run into this?

There isn't any part of the rules that allow you to keep creatures active for more than one round.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
MintMMs wrote:

I'm hopeful that the Armeggedon expansion has more ways of getting Corrupted quidity in play, we found that we needed to tailor our Wilds to give us a chance to play some corruption.

Don't put too much hope in that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ben watts
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
oh! so in the advanced rules when it says save a creture instead of scoreing it it means placeing it in your used pile?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Shelley
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Indeed, that's my understanding. At the beginning of your turn, you can either score/cull surviving creatures, or send them to you used pile without scoring.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.