BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Women and Gaming

Subject: geek women - how many games do you own ? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
jood shine
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
just wondering how many games the women here own ?
i just counted i have 25 - i kinda like that ammount as it means we play them all quite a lot and i get to get into the deeper aspects of the game and enjoy doing that.we also get rid of games we dont like which them makes room for new ones

made a monumental decision other week to let go of monopoly! it was that that kept me gaming all through the years from childhood too!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cool User
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
According to my collection summary I own 272. I know that I have copies of other games that I never bothered to enter on BGG. Of those 272, I'd guess I've still never played about 50 of them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Monica Rehaug
Norway
Ler
flag msg tools
Hi! I'm Macaos. A cute, kind, sporty and fun Bearded Collie. I enjoy lying under the table when Macao is on the table.
mbmbmbmbmb
On one hand I have way to many unplayed games. But if you ask me if I have too many games overall, I'll say no. Can never have too many games.
I have my own game room, so storage is no problem.
I have somewhat over 700 games, and I'm sure I have room for 500 more.
I have stopped buying games just to buy. Now I focus on games I know will hit the table. But I'll admit I don't alway manage to keep that.

I still have the games I used to play with my family as I grew up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chief EGG Head
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jood wrote:
just wondering how many games the women here own ?

Uhm, not that many...whistle there is always room for one more!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
Bitter Acerbic Harridan
mbmbmbmbmb
141 currently. I probably have about 5 unplayed games. But there's probably a core 20 or so that I play much more than the others. It's probably time to auction some games again.

Edited for: why exactly did I type probably three times? This is NOT going to be a good writing day for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victoria Osborne
United States
Grants Pass
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
err including the ones not listed on my geek page for whatever reason, over 500, but then i have been seriously collecting since about 1985 and i have lovingly hauled them all over the country
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kambria McLean
United States
Bay City
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We have 116 games. There is one unplayed game right now (Dungeon Petz--my son got it for Christmas and we just haven't gotten through it yet). We play most of our games, but we do have a somewhat actively-trying-to-trade list.

Edit: I realized that we don't count some of our games that collect dust--probably around 10-20 party games like Cranium, mostly gifts, and some old Trivial Pursuit/Scrabble games that just aren't our thing any more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julie Ahern

Massachusetts
msg tools
publisher
I have an entertainment center full. I estimate 125 games (mostly because I don't want to go through the bins with the card games.)Of those there is usually a rotation of 5-10 that we play with new or revisits rotating out the older ones. My "family games" are in the attic. I have no idea how many are up there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MMB
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
39 owned, 9 of which are "For Trade" and I will get rid of at some point.

So, around 30 games that I want to keep.

I am hoping to add 2-3 games to that total. We'll see.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jessica
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
We have about 120. I'd say a quarter of them are children's games (Kids of Carcassone! Duck, Duck Bruce!) or family/party style games.

I should cull out a bunch of the party games to make room for games we enjoy, but it's hard to send games out the door. I won't ever play Monopoly again, but the children might when they get older...

Our games have overrun their shelf space, so we're looking at new bookcases to expand game storage in the hallway. BoardGameGeek is growing my wishlist dramatically.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chief EGG Head
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know some folks with 12,000 games, always makes me feel better
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Melody
Canada
Madeira Park
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
I have no willpower :)
badge
(.ㅅ.) The meaning of life is tuna >'.'<
371 according to the geek which doesn't include my video games which I haven't finished adding. shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lynette
United States
Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
Yep, I am a girl Scientist. Come for the breasts; Stay for the brains!
badge
For as long as I shall live I will testify to love; I'll be a witness in the silences when words are not enough.
mbmbmbmbmb
More than 50 less than 200. But my gaming group has well over a 1000 combined, so I don't actually buy games very often. And the ones I own are often still in shrink since for more than half of them, the group plays with somebody's copy other than mine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristin Crane
Canada
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We are getting lazy about keeping our BGG lists up to date. I'd say we have over 200 in the house and that's not counting the games we have purchased for the kids. Probably 40 or more have not been played. For us, this is way too many games. It is becoming a chore to play all these old purchases and we find we aren't getting games we like to the table. Hopefully soon, we're back to less than 75 games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia Ziobro
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, if my collection entries here are complete (and I am sure they are not), I own 532 games and 77 expansions, a total of 609. I am working on updating our inventory because I'm actually going to add a rider to our insurance policy to cover the game collection at replacement value (much more than we'd get under our general policy).

We have played probably 100 of these 609 10+ times.
The next 100 have been played 5+ times.
The next 300-350 have been played once or twice.
There are probably 50-100 that we have never played in the past 10 years. That includes crappy games from our childhoods that we can't let go and great new games we just haven't gotten to yet.

It's only a problem if it interferes with your life, right?
meeple

We have joked that we could open a games cafe with our collection, but our collection is dwarfed by the BGG library (at around 4000; don't know if that's 4000 unique or total).
JAZ
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shanthi Gonzales
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
I am Boogie, the world's cutest dog.
mbmbmbmbmb
I have 132, with about 10-12 unplayed. My boyfriend may be moving in soon, so I have stopped collecting for now; I am a little concerned about running out of space for both of our things! He collects books the way I collect games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vicki Scheele
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've managed to hold the line at 123 but am seriously thinking of purchasing London. Evertime I say I have enough a GREAT new game comes out!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sandy Stumpf
United States
Puyallup
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm, that's an interesting question. BGG says I have 426 games. However, 72 of those are actually expansions or promos. That leaves 354 games. This includes some old stuff I had as a kid and a ton of Trivial Pursuit editions from the 80's and 90's.

Out of all those games, I've played/rated about 243 games. That's under 70% which is kind of pathetic since my rate of purchase continues to increase and I'm running out of space. However, with that rate of purchase increasing, the size of my wish list is shrinking. I knew I could find a positive in all this. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chief EGG Head
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
oh man you mean we are supposed to include expansions?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sandy Stumpf
United States
Puyallup
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lorna wrote:

Yes and every single promo you've picked up at Essen! With that included, what's your total number Lorna?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
Bitter Acerbic Harridan
mbmbmbmbmb
lorna wrote:

Okay, so now I feel better that my number includes them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai Jensen
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
I was going to buy OverText but I didn't know what to say with it!
mbmbmbmbmb
I own 636 games and 172 expansions. But there's still room on a few of the game shelves, so I can't be done yet. Right? .... Right? blush

And there are unused shelves in the guest bedroom, so...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chief EGG Head
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sandysidamo wrote:
lorna wrote:

Yes and every single promo you've picked up at Essen! With that included, what's your total number Lorna?

hm, ok, a little over a thousand...but the expansions are small, they don't really count do they?laugh round down right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chief EGG Head
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pitferret wrote:
I own 636 games and 172 expansions. But there's still room on a few of the game shelves, so I can't be done yet. Right? .... Right? blush

And there are unused shelves in the guest bedroom, so...
plenty of room
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
Bitter Acerbic Harridan
mbmbmbmbmb
lorna wrote:
sandysidamo wrote:
lorna wrote:

hm, ok, a little over a thousand...but the expansions are small, they don't really count do they?laugh round down right?

Lol, come 'on now, be proud! laugh You can stop at any time right? (self now wibbles, thinking of a few years from now.........).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [6] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.