Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kirk Andersen
United States
Athens
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mb
Are there spells or items that can lessen the effect of the share life spell (such as bloodshard, shield, fire cloak)? also: can pain link counter a share life spell? If so, how? I don't like it when they don't explain all of this in the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Cary
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Share life is an attack, but it doesn't do damage.

It does what it says on the card. It adds up life totals & then shares them amongst the caster & target. It doesn't really do damage so a pain link doesn't work, nor do effects that reduce damage.

This is not a flaw in the rules, this is how the game is meant to work. Not every attack works every time, and not every defense works every time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gilberto de Castro Vieira Júnior
Brazil
Brasília
Distrito Federal
flag msg tools
For me, pain link work as a counter because the text says, counter one attack, and like it or not Share Life still an attack. But if you have pain link active as a maintained spell, i agree with Matthew, it does not do damage, so it wont protect you in this case.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.