Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christopher Hatchitt
United States
Adel
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm heading out east to Fort Lee, VA for several weeks of Army training and would love to know if there are any good hobby game stores by the base.

Does anyone know of any good game stores and how far away they are?

Thanks for your input.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ENEMY OF THE STATE

Galt's Gultch
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a bit of a drive but One Eyed Jacques in Richmond is the only one I know. While there, I also recommend checking out the Museum of the Confederacy and lunch at Buzz & Ned's Barbecue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Hatchitt
United States
Adel
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll see how much free time I get and I might try this. Thanks for the suggestion!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Perkins
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ALC? I'm going to be there with games in tow from 14 may to 3 July... If your there at that time, we should game... Pm me if interested

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
robert cabrera
United States
Chesterfield
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One eyed jacques has a great selection, there is also FTW games in midlothian, but they have a small selection. Im a veteran and live in chesterfield if you need someone to game with on your stay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cathleen Feduke
United States
Fredericksburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I highly recommend FTW in Midlothian if you're into miniatures and in-store play - their staff and fellow gamers are excellent. I do think One Eyed Jacques might have a slightly better board game selection. I can't say much for their customer service though. If you're ever up in Fredericksburg (about 80 miles north) you should definitely check out Game Vault. We have a ton of board games and the customers here are wonderful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Hatchitt
United States
Adel
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, I just saw that there are a few more posts on this thread since my last one.

I'm up at Fort Lee now and stopped by One Eyed Jacques in Carrytown. It's a nice little shop. I bought some board games from them. They seem to be heavy int to MTG, which I am not. Never got into it.

Afterward I stopped by FTW in Midlothian. A very nice store. A very friendly bunch there. They just had their 2nd birthday celebration. I went to it an played a game of Blood Bowl, taught by Mike and Jerimiah (hope I spelled it correctly). Great guys! They have a BB league there that sounds so much fun. I picked up a team of BB orcs from a garage sale that they had yesterday. I also got to play a game of Classic Battletech with Chuck, Toby, Greg and a few other guys. What a great group of guys. They have brought me in and let me play some miniature games with them while I am here. Got a game of Firestorm Armada with Chuck in on a Tuesday night. He schooled me.

I'm planning on heading up again this Tuesday if possible.

FTW is a very good place to check out.

Thanks for the info everyone. I'll check what my last weekends look like and I might make a treck up to the Game Vault. Sounds like a good road trip.

Thanks everyone!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Hatchitt
United States
Adel
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aaron,

I'm up for WOAC. The weekdays are pretty busy but we get the weekends off - mostly. I'm staying at the Hampton Inn in Colonial Heights.

What games did you bring? I would be up for a game or so.

I am here until 30 June.

Thanks,
Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.