BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Discussing Retailers

Subject: Kudos to Z-Man Games customer service rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had read a few times that people had bad experiences with them recently, so I wanted to put the experience I just had out there...

I'm playing Agricola, going along, and for possibly the first time ever, I go to build 15 fences (I don't know why, but I almost NEVER build all 15 fences, regardless of my strategy). I grab all my fences, start placing them in a pattern I think should work, and something seems wrong. I count, and it turns out that I only have 14 blue fences! I look around, and nothing.

I have no idea if I lost one or, since I'm normally blue and almost never actually build that many fences, if the set was just 1 short. One of the people I'm playing with suggests that I contact Z-man and see if they can help.

So, I do so, and get an Out of Office reply from a (presumably) gentleman named Sal. The day he said he would be back in his OOO, he e-mails me back (kudos to that, I know what it's like coming back from vacation to a flooded inbox). We exchange a couple of e-mails where I tell him what I said here, and without any other questions, he asks for my address and tells me they'll send me another blue fence, free of charge.

It just showed up today, from Canada, in a bubble-wrap-padded envelope. I don't even want to think of the actual cost of packaging/shipping for this once fence. Overall, a great experience and just wanted to say thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stetler
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They're slower than they used to be, and not as communicative, but in my recent experience they still do the right thing.

I had good experiences getting Ora et Labora counters replaced, as well as a replacement Chinatown counter (overpaid for a second new copy in order to run a second game at an upcoming convention - only to find one of the counters severely bent and unusable). Took several weeks to resolve both, but I've no problems with waiting if the end result fixes the issue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Perry
United States
Burbank
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep - I'll also give them props. I recently bought a copy of Ora et Labora where all of the tokens were misprinted. I contacted Z-Man and about 3 weeks later, replacement tokens arrived. Not bad considering they were shipped from Europe.

Thanks again, Z-Man.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.