Jonathan Warren
United Kingdom
Wisbech
CAMBRIDGESHIRE
flag msg tools
designer
"Elves are very good at board games, and I'm NOT an elf!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Some of you know a little about me on here, but I wonder if you knew that I am a keen amateur magician, and have been into magic on and off since I was a young boy. I have performed magic at children's birthday parties and have regularly performed at church events. However, recently another 'magician' has sprung up that has caught my attention. I went to see him perform on Valentine's evening and I wrote a review of his performance (if you have me on Facebook, then you might have already read about him). Allow me to repost my review here (posted to Facebook 17 February):

Valentine's night was a big night for bumbling magician David Lemezmer. It was his first repeat booking and he's now convinced that he's finally made it into the big-time. His name will at last be up there with all the greats - Derren Brown, David Blaine and Paul Daniels... or so he thinks...

Fresh from a very special and prestigious 'for one night only' event for the Rotary Club (the gig was actually supposed to run for one week, but David was dropped after the first night, being replaced by the act 'One Man and His Dog'), he was disappointed with the non-appearance of Paul Daniels at the Valentine's night show - you'd think that Paul would offer him the professional courtesy of attending as David performed his big-time debut (after all, David is going to see Paul perform in a week's time).

Like most magicians, David's magic is covered by a magician's insurance policy - should a trick go wrong, it pays out a sum of money to any spectator who is assisting with the trick. However, David's premiums have sky-rocketed - he blames the weakness of the Pound against the Dollar, and the failing Euro, but Wandwise insurance insist that the amount they are paying out on his claims is far in excess of what they expect from a performing professional magician...

I was lucky enough (or is that unlucky enough?) to have been present to see this magician perform, and he was truly awful. His opening card trick just did not work - luckily his Insurance Policy got him out of this tight spot... again; his Torn and Restored Newspaper trick was unique in that the newspaper that he tore into pieces, did not restore - the paper just scattered all over the floor, and for his finale, after he'd explained, "when performing a live magic show for an audience, anything can happen. At least on TV you have the chance to iron out any errors", he brought out a Victorian Greengrocer's Vegetable Slicer, in which he put a spectators arm - the look of absolute terror on her face was excruciating for the audience - fortunately this trick worked on the night... but when David tested it three days earlier, he was not so lucky - he spent four hours in the casualty department of his local hospital!

I actually feel for the guy - he has issues, granted - but he really could do with a fan base. If you care to follow him on Facebook, please do so: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003553094821

He also has an ongoing blog, which really needs followers/advertising (he wants to enlarge his readership): http://lemezmers-life.blogspot.co.uk/

Come on, lets get him a few followers - particularly of his blog

Please pass along his blog address on and recommend it to others, post to your Facebook page/Twitter feeds, etc., it really will help make all the difference. Cheers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Warren
United Kingdom
Wisbech
CAMBRIDGESHIRE
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
By the way, forgot to say, David Lemezmer is, of course, me
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Riddle
United States
Oxford
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
wait, your real name is John Warren and your stage name is David Lemezmer? Does that mean soemthing? Was the Great Jeffinini taken?
What abot The Amazing Warren or the John the Stupendous? All taken?
or John warrenfield? or wait, i got it, david blaine? nvm, that last one sounds dumb.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Warren
United Kingdom
Wisbech
CAMBRIDGESHIRE
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
riddlen wrote:
wait, your real name is John Warren and your stage name is David Lemezmer? Does that mean soemthing? Was the Great Jeffinini taken?
What abot The Amazing Warren or the John the Stupendous? All taken?
or John warrenfield? or wait, i got it, david blaine? nvm, that last one sounds dumb.

lol. Well, my stage name is just plain old Jonathan Warren... David Lemezmer is a completely different person
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Trimby
England
Brighton
East Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
riddlen wrote:
wait, your real name is John Warren and your stage name is David Lemezmer? Does that mean soemthing?

Mezmer as in mezmerism. Le Mezmer.

At a guess.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Warren
United Kingdom
Wisbech
CAMBRIDGESHIRE
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
yorkist4 wrote:
Mezmer as in mezmerism. Le Mezmer.

At a guess.

Sort of, although there is another reason I chose Lemezmer as the characters second name though...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.