1 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » United States » Midwest

Subject: Potential to start a Game Design Guild in Champaign-Urbana, IL rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Sheppard
United States
flag msg tools
I'm starting this thread because a couple local gamers have expressed interest in game design and I, myself, have had troubles getting a playtest group together, especially in this area. So I'm guaging response to if anyone would be interested in forming such a group. Here are the proposed details and if you'd be interested, post in this thread. Maybe some suggestions?

The group would meet on the weekend preferably for 4-5 hours possibly once every two weeks.

Primarily, we'll be focused on board games and card games. RPGs are welcome, just keep in mind that many of those who have already expressed interest are not RPG players.

Game tests will be followed up with short discussions on what worked, what didn't work, where to improve, etc.

Prototypes and blind playtesting will be encouraged

Currently, no planned meeting space has been decided on. Hell, not even sure this will be a thing yet. But if you're in the CU area and would like the feedback and playtest opportunities, let;s work together to get this thing rolling, huh?
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.