$10.00
Rocco Privetera
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
What started as a space-based hexagonal tile abstract game with 4x elements about ships in space...

...had turned into a square tile abstract 4x game about companies building a city. Partially based off comments from BGG and my own group.

PRIVATIZE (tentative title) is now on it's ver 2 round of playtesting. Should this round go well, and assuming folks like the new theme, it might make it to larger scale playtesting and component design!

Here are the PnP files:

http://www.mightyfistgames.com/design/privatize-rules.pdf
http://www.mightyfistgames.com/design/privatize-pieces.pdf

No low-ink needed as the designs are pretty stark. Two pages of pieces total, and easy to cut (being squares).

what's the game, more or less?
Two players start as competing building companies in a city. Players are contracted by the city to build more City Blocks, Factories, Courthouses, and Office space. They can claim these resources to let them hire more workers, make money building the city, and spend the money on hires, or Bonuses (one time ones or Permanent Bonus Buildings).

Those of you who played Space Lords, the game is mostly there with a few changes:
- re-themed. Now the "board" which used to be empty space is now made of "city blocks" which you can't drive through, for example.
- Square instead of hexes. Everybody complained about a hexagonal city.
- Resource balancing so people stuck randomly building "empty" city blocks are compensated so the leader doesn't run away as quickly.
- simplified combat (well, conflict is a better word - no more guns shooting at each other per se)
- easier to buy bonuses so 'upgrades' can be used quicker
...and a few other changes.

Here's a picture of a game turn to show you the pieces after cutting/foam-core-mounting:

Take a peek and tell me what you all think! Thanks!
This might be close enough (if the theme sticks) for a BGG database entry. We'll see what the masses say...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rocco Privetera
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's the next turn in the same game:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate K
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Number of players?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rocco Privetera
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
At the moment, it's two.

However the rules are designed to be expandable to multiple players (and I've tested it that way) if you have differently colored player counters. I didn't make the rules notations for "if playing with more than two" players or include different colored counter sheets. I will if there's a demand for them.

I guess my thinking eventually was super-ultimately to sell the game as a two player and then sell the 3rd and 4th players as separate add-ons.

I suppose i could add a new re-colored player counter sheet and add two more players?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate K
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Rocconteur wrote:
At the moment, it's two.

However the rules are designed to be expandable to multiple players (and I've tested it that way) if you have differently colored player counters. I didn't make the rules notations for "if playing with more than two" players or include different colored counter sheets. I will if there's a demand for them.

I guess my thinking eventually was super-ultimately to sell the game as a two player and then sell the 3rd and 4th players as separate add-ons.

I suppose i could add a new re-colored player counter sheet and add two more players?

Simply stating in the rules that the game is intended for two players would be sufficient for me. An expected playing time would also be useful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rocco Privetera
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I should have put both in the synopsis, you're right!

Rules document edited to include this and re-uploaded. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rocco Privetera
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Just posted this to a German Facebook game prototyping group. Used Google translate to put a blurb in first. Welcome to the future!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.