Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
muthrali the relentless
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Creuss vs Jol Nar duel it out

Creuss (friend)
Jol Nar (me)

Yesterday my friend and I played a game of TI, using the variant rules for 2 player game which can be found here on BGG. We used mercenaries, the wormhole nexus, distant suns en final frontier tokens, and de 2nd Strategy Cards (except trade  Trade 3) Plus we increased the board with some extra tiles, so it became more or less a square.

Because he couldn’t get to play Creuss very well in our last 3 person game, my friend wanted to try the Creuss again. I chose Jol Nar.

During the setup of the board, a empty space streak crossed the western part of the galaxy. In the East , on my side of Rex, a B wormhole appeared. Annoyingly, an A wormhole appeared next to my HS. A pending menace was awaiting the Spacenerds.

First rounds, Creuss immediately warped into Jol Nars side of Rex, Threatening the Jol Nar empire and closing off the way to all the eastern promises of bountyfull planets. Jol Nar suffered from a 90% bad distant sun streak, at one point loosing 3 expansion fleets in 3 distant sun tokens. Worse, an other B wormhole appeared on the other side of the JolNar space, so every and all planet could be reached from the Creuss homeworld or the wormhole Nexus. This slowed to expansion abilities strongly.

Luckily, Jol Nar was able to tech up rapidly. When the transit Diodes were researched, moving GF’s became much easier. The 12 GF limit became a luxury annoyance.

However, some political laws turned up, first making red techs +4 to purchase, then reversing the resource and influence values of all planets, and a law about closing wormholes that didn’t pass, blowing up some Jolnar ships in wormhole territories.

Creuss didn’t put on maximum pressure, and JolNar managed to fly throught the nexus at one point, making it possible to annex some Creuss planets in the later rounds. When Creuss to Meatol rex, with its production capacity of 9 units, things seemed grim for the spacenerds. Having to defend all planets made making a seizable fleet difficult. The flagship and a fleet of carriers/cruisers made an effort, but only managed to destroy half the Mecatol fleet. As both sides had 20+ resources to spend each round, not much tears were spend at the Creuss side.

As the moon was already shining for hours, the wife at home was calling to come home because the Jol Nar Space Dog had to pee or it would explode, leaving the game unfinished, With the Jol Nar in the lead but the Creuss 1 bureaucracy card away from victory. Both sides had more then normal bad luck with distant suns. The map turned out a little to big, as in both sides had way to much cash at 1 point to be spending it (because of space dock limit). Also Creuss managed to completely surround Jol Nar with wormholes from wormhole slavegenerator, effectively trapping a substantial part of the Jol Nar forces. The Jol Nar managed to trap the monsterfleet at mecatol Rex twice in a row with a signal jamming card, effectively numbing Creuss possibilities. A nice game, that started a bit uneven, but became a thriller in the end!

End:
Creuss 7 VP
Jol Nar 8 VP

2 objectives left, including Mecatol

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JJ Belyeu
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From reading this, it sounds like you may have played Creuss a little wrong.

Their racial ability only makes A and B wormwholes interchangeable, this doesn't also include D wormholes. So unless there was an A or B next to their HS, they shouldn't have been able to advance that fast.

Otherwise, a fantastic sessions report. The part about the Space Dog reminds me a lot of my own gaming situation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
muthrali the relentless
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hehe, i'll make sure to look that up. I didn't read it myself, my friend told me that was the ability. The sneaky bastard It would have made things a lot easier indeed, haha!

But thank you for pointing it out!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.