$10.00
Chris Bursley
United States
Wooster
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I am looking to trade the deluxe edition of Twilight Struggle for another like new 2 player game such as Summoner Wars Master Set. I have only played this edition once with my wife and while I enjoyed the game she just couldn't get into it stating it was too complicated for her. All pieces are present, punched out, and placed in bags. Contact me if interested. Sorry if this is posted in the wrong place.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Cirone
United States
Alliance
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Looking to trade deluxe edition only been played once. Like new
Welcome to Board Game Geek Chris.

I imagine that you will find someone wanting to trade for a deluxe edition of Twilight Struggle, since it is so popular. However, you might want to use the trade function on the website to speed your search along.

Under the "Bazaar" tab at the top, click on "Trades." On this screen you can see matches between your "For Trade" list and your "Want in Trade" list. Play around with the different options and see what you can find; I usually use custom search.

You might have trouble getting a Summon Wars Master Set though... it hasn't been out too long, and most people that purchased it probably are already familiar enough with Summon Wars that they aren't going to change their minds anytime soon. But you never know.

Best of luck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Cirone
United States
Alliance
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Another useful feature for trading is the "Statistics" box on a game's main page. In this box, you can find the number of users trading and the numbers of users wanting a game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon M
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
“Games give you a chance to excel, and if you're playing in good company you don't even mind if you lose because you had the enjoyment of the company during the course of the game.” ― Gary Gygax
mbmbmbmbmb
Chris,

Definitely use the trade function. I have traded 3-4 games using the trade function and all were successful and without issue.

Good luck to you.

On the subject of two player games (not necessarily to trade TS for), Jason Matthews (one of the co-designers of TS) has a game called Campaign Manager 2008 that is a card game that recreates the 2008 election and is simpler than TS and plays in under an hour. If you like TS, this might be a game more to your wife's liking. It is on tanga.com right now for a good price.

You could also peruse the recommendations forum for two player game requests if you are looking for more ideas.

That said, Summoner Wars is a great game and if you can get your hands on the Master Set, that is the way to go to crack into that game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Bursley
United States
Wooster
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thank you for the welcome and I really appreciate the link to the recommendations as I am always looking for new ideas. I tried the trade Tab for this game and found nothing so I assumed I was doing something wrong. I guess I will mess with it some more and see if I can come up with anything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Smith
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
It may also help if you say which country you are from as postage can be prohibitive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcin Skupnik
Germany
Bavaria
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Halfinger wrote:
It may also help if you say which country you are from as postage can be prohibitive.

Not only the postage can be a problem, often the customs tax can push the price way above what people are willing to pay (it's a 19% extra for every board game here).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Smith
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Arag wrote:
Halfinger wrote:

Not only the postage can be a problem, often the customs tax can push the price way above what people are willing to pay (it's a 19% extra for every board game here).

Yes good point plus handling fee. In the UK all this nearly doubles the price. Plus you get the joy of having to drive for the privilege of queuing at some customs house for it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
stuart glanvville
United Kingdom
Sheffield
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Yes good point plus handling fee. In the UK all this nearly doubles the price. Plus you get the joy of having to drive for the privilege of queuing at some customs house for it.

i've never had that? i just pay online and then they deliver it.. i don't agree with the handling, i wish there was a way you could notify them that you have an import, and the duty be calculated on the front of it.. just a cheeky way of raising more cash.. £8 or whatever it currently is for someone to stick the cost of the package & postage (which annoys me as well!!!) in a calculator and times it by 1.2 takes the pxxs somewhat!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Smith
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
StuDecay wrote:
Quote:

i've never had that? i just pay online and then they deliver it.. i don't agree with the handling, i wish there was a way you could notify them that you have an import, and the duty be calculated on the front of it.. just a cheeky way of raising more cash.. £8 or whatever it currently is for someone to stick the cost of the package & postage (which annoys me as well!!!) in a calculator and times it by 1.2 takes the pxxs somewhat!!

It depends on your luck if customs stop it. They have every time for me. They then won't then deliver you have to pick it up and pay the fees.

It's why I no longer P500. Including the time wasted doing all that I lose out a lot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M Monin
United States
Branford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmb
Moved to Trades forum

Lots of good tips from the other members. Welcome to the site!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
stuart glanvville
United Kingdom
Sheffield
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
no i meant i just pay the customs online.. then they will deliver it..
i'm caught 90% of the time..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.