Eaten by Zombies!» Forums » Rules

Subject: Hand limit for Zombie players? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alexander Mont
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
Is the limit of drawing 4 cards per turn (or drawing 6 with that special ability) a limit on zombie players' hand size, or just a limit on how many you can draw per turn?

The reason I am asking is because in a (4-player) game I was playing today, the one zombie player decided he was done playing and ended the game early by just drawing all the zombie cards and not returning them (I think he had 3 or 4 zombie cards in his hand at the start of his turn, then drew the last 6 from the deck with the "draw 6" ability). We all thought that this was a major flaw of the game (especially because there isn't much that the players can do about that strategy; once you realize that the Zombie player wants to do that the best strategy is just to buy as many cheap cards as you can to build up your hand size so you can win) and we want to make sure we are playing it correctly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Chien
United States
Rancho Cucamonga
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Uh if he drew all the zombie cards then the very next player turn the humans would all win, since if you need to spawn zombies and there aren't enough in the zombie deck and discard pile, then it's a human victory.

Cameron

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Holliday
United States
Ogden
UT
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Alex319 wrote:
Is the limit of drawing 4 cards per turn (or drawing 6 with that special ability) a limit on zombie players' hand size, or just a limit on how many you can draw per turn?

The reason I am asking is because in a (4-player) game I was playing today, the one zombie player decided he was done playing and ended the game early by just drawing all the zombie cards and not returning them (I think he had 3 or 4 zombie cards in his hand at the start of his turn, then drew the last 6 from the deck with the "draw 6" ability). We all thought that this was a major flaw of the game (especially because there isn't much that the players can do about that strategy; once you realize that the Zombie player wants to do that the best strategy is just to buy as many cheap cards as you can to build up your hand size so you can win) and we want to make sure we are playing it correctly.

They may draw up to 4 (or 6) cards in their hand. So it is a limit, if they still have 3 cards left in their hand from the turn before then they can only choose to draw 1 more card (or three cards with the Level6 zombie threat effect in play)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.