Kim B
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Successful Siege Attack Plan forces the defender to lose one step per attack force and discard one card per attack force. According to the rules, "if the attack plan is successful, dfeender allocates the losses (1 per attacking force) and any other Attack Plan losses. It also states that at this time both players may play action cards to increase or decrease battle losses.

Let's say I just lost a battle as a defender to a Siege Attack Plan and I have in my hand only one card that allows me to cancel suffering losses (Disciplined Troops - Play when suffering losses. Cancel two losses).
What is the sequence of play here - do I discard my one card first (as a penalty for losing a Siege) or can I cancel some of my losses first by playing the card and then discard nothing as I have no more cards left?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Warren Davis
United States
Jacksonville
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My vote is that you have to discard the card first, thus being unable to cancel the loss. However, Dan Verssen's clarification would be greatly welcomed here...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kim B
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your responce, Warren. I was arguing otherwise, maybe because I was on the receiving end. If I was dealing the damage, I'd probably choose first discard then cancel losses. But something official would be nice to clarify this...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.