Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Linda Baldwin
United States
White Plains
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why is it that when I switch domains, the 'Geek (GeekDo, or whatever incarnation it goes by now) logs me out? I'm mostly a BGG girl, but I've started dipping my toe in the water of RPGG and VGG, only to find out I have to log in all over again.

Worse, I forget that, do a search on an item I want to add to my collection, find it, discover it won't add, click maniacally for a bit, realize it has no name at the top (and therefore can't figure out whose collection to add it to), log in -- and get taken to a new screen! (Which helpfully tells me I'm logged in.) And if I back up to the previous screen, I see "login" at the top again. AARRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!

I thought there was some method of staying logged in across domains. I get autologged into BGG, so I guess I could set it up for the other two, but shouldn't it know I haven't undergone a personality transplant just because I clicked the RPG tab?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M Monin
United States
Branford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmb
Rather than using the regular Username and Password fields when logging in, you can click the Login link that is to the right of "Board Games, RPGs, Video Games" in the top bar. That link will log you into all the sites. Otherwise you are just logging into whichever one you are on currently.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Linda Baldwin
United States
White Plains
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! Now is there a way to do that automatically? (Or is that a browser-specific thing?) Normally I'm logged into BGG as soon as I open it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
YaVerOt YaVerOt
United States
Arvada
Colorado
flag msg tools
Armchair warriors often fail, and we've been poisoned by these fairy tales.
badge
Aoi Aoi toki ga toke dasheta.
mbmbmbmbmb
After you login, just make certain to hit each domain once a week so the cookies don't expire.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Linda Baldwin
United States
White Plains
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.