Popular Tags: [View All]
Erin Sparks
United States
Garden City
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A couple of questions:

A) When you resolve your Shadow Cabinet cards, do you choose one action on each card on all cards and THEN the next player chooses one action on all cards, etc. OR do I choose one card, use one of its actions THEN the next player chooses one card and uses its action, etc. And we go round and round until all cards are gone? The rulebook I have indicates the former, but the quote below indicates the latter.

B) I saw this quote in another thread from Booder98: "Not covered is the fact that you can play multiple Shadow Cabinet cards by playing one of them in multiple regions. The v2 rules as written say that all the cards are turned over, then in turn order each player pays for and executes one of their cards. The rules specifically prohibit placing more than one card per region." What does the bolded section mean? As I understand it, you play maximum one card per state and then execute one if its actions on that state.

C)If you choose the popularity action, is it "Increase mine OR decrease someone else's" or "Increase mine AND decrease someone else's"? I suspect the former, but the rulebook has them broken out into separate sections.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Banks
United States
Harrisburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A) After all cards are placed and flipped over, the start player resolves ALL of his cards by choosing ONE action on each card and completing it -- if he has more than one card in play, he can resolve them in any order he chooses.

B) You are correct -- one card per state maximum. I think the bolded text is just a clumsy way of trying to say the same thing.

C) One or the other -- they are distinctly separate actions.

Great game, eh?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erin Sparks
United States
Garden City
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. We haven't tried yet - I'm going to have to teach so I'm fine-tooth-combing the rules.

For C, the rulebook has an up-thumb graphic for raising your popularity, but no down-thumb graphic for lowering. All the other selections had a separate graphic, so it was a little unclear. Especially since the media action both lowers theirs and raises yours.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erin Sparks
United States
Garden City
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's another: In the media marker phase, players with a plurality "may EXCHANGE one FACE-UP Public Opinion Card in that state with one in the Exchange Pool on the Organization Board that is neither identical nor contradictory to any face-up cards already on that State Board."

Now, does that mean I can't exchange an Anti-Genetic Foods card for a Pro-Genetic Foods card, or just that both can't be present at the same time?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fraser
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
rockhpi wrote:

Now, does that mean I can't exchange an Anti-Genetic Foods card for a Pro-Genetic Foods card, or just that both can't be present at the same time?
The latter, i.e. you can swap from Anti to Pro, but if there was, for example, an Anti-Genetic Foods there you couldn't swap a different card and place a Pro-Genetic Foods. In other words you can't have both Pro and Anti anything on the platform at the same time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erin Sparks
United States
Garden City
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks - I thought so, but that quote from the manual was a little ambiguous.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Archer
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There a file here with the Condensed Rules and a Player Aid by CJC... they are very well done and help a lot when learning/playing this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erin Sparks
United States
Garden City
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I did have a look at it prior to reading through the manual, but I usually make my own because that tends to help it stick with me. Hard to miss a detail if you're writing your own condensed rules! Plus I know which things I'll forget and which I won't, so it's more personally tailored.

But it results in the kinds of questions in this thread...as I'm trying to write out how to play, I find things that don't make sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.